“What a waste”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Brian Head
Columbus, Ohio
“What a waste”
Reviewed September 9, 2007

Overall, I think this is about a 2-star resort. Even though our rooms were 85 degrees, there was no A/C and no way to cool them off. "Wait until nightime," we were told, "They'll cool down." The room furnishings were cheap, few channels on the TV, no iron/board, no washer/dryer (a pay washer is upstairs in a hot room, and you couldn't even purchase any soap). We received no cleaning, towels or other room service. At various times during the week the sauna, steam room, and hot tub were either down or barely operating. They had zero activities going on ("We're basically a winter resort," they said. Then why operate in the summer?) This is not a class act. I hope other Monarch properties are better operated, but guess what? I will never go back to find out.

• Liked — Good location between Zion and Brice
  • Disliked — Nothing good I can say
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank pathseeker

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Utah
Reviewed July 25, 2007

Here is the deal. On 20 July 2007 my wife and I arrived at your lodge at 10:50 am, I ask Kathy to go see if there was early check-in, we had driven the bike up and would like to unload the clothing and cameras we had brought to the run. At this time she was told check out was under way and 2:00 pm would be check in time.

Now my friends arrive from Las Vegas at 1:45 pm William Rock and Ronald Tullos go up to front desk and check right into their rooms.

So my wife goes back up and was told again to wait till 2:00 pm ok we did.

Then we get our thinks go up at 2:10 pm and now told to wait tell 4:00 pm, what a great run front desk Cedar Breaks has going, the young men there were making comment that they could make people wait as they see fit. Ok I spoke to the front desk manager which made no sense; her comment was as the rooms became available they were handed out. My room was no more special than any other yet they made my wife and I sit 5 hours 3:50 pm because they with power choose us to.

I my family and any other people that will listen to me will never stay at a place with the smiling no caring attitude that this place shows toward me and other that came to this event to have a good time only to have it ruined by a few that have the power to do so.

As for people checking out, there were few, remember I was watching for 5 hours.

I would like someone to tell me the owner of the Lodge email address, so I could get them on line, I will find out who they are just will take time.

Stayed July 2007
3 Thank freadrich

Travelers are raving about these Brian Head hotels

Renton, Washington
Reviewed July 6, 2007

First, I understand there was a heat wave the week we were there, and that no hotels in Brian Head have air conditioning, but they really needed to design the rooms in such a way that when they have hot weather in the summer there is a way to get cross-ventilation. When cooking in the really nicely stocked kitchen, which you need to do if you have a large group of people, the kitchen/living room area in the 2 bedroom grand villa gets unbearably hot. The windows are only in the bedrooms and there is no way to get the heat out of room without propping open the door and getting all the fans going.
It is a very good place for families, and there were many families there. But the pool is small, the housekeeping is erratic, and the playground is also very small when there are many families staying.
Brian Head is a very small town, so don't go there expecting Park City or Whistler. Cedar City is not too far, so you can shop there for food.
There is a great pizza place in Brian Head with fabulous pies, (Brianberry Pie is the best) but terribly over-priced. Not a lot of competition--so the prices are high for everything in town.

• Liked — Close to national parks
  • Disliked — hot weather--no airconditioning, no in-room internet service
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank Melee3
San Diego
Reviewed April 24, 2007

Cedar Breaks Lodge has a great location. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. Check in being at 4pm, we arrived about 6:30 pm and were informed that our room was not ready. We passed some time around the property and went to the room, which was still not ready. We waited in the hall while they finished cleaning. We were not able to get into the room until 8:45pm! They did allow us a late check out due to this. Be aware that you should do all of your grocery shopping on your way in as there is not a lot available in Brian Head. The store at the lodge seemed to be open when there was someone there to staff it, which was not always the hours indicated on the door. Other than the small stuff, it is a great location right next to the slopes. We had some great late spring snowboarding.

• Liked — Location
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank katoder
las vegas
Reviewed November 4, 2006

Fantastic mountain retreat, great rooms with everything you might need: comfy beds, fireplace, TVs in the living room and bedroom with DVD players, kitchenette with cooking and serving utensils and large fridge. We absolutely loved the place except for food. This is the only reason I did not gave the property five star review. The food in the restaurant and room service food were both terrible. I don't think they cook it to order, you get reheated food prepared in advance so it is not just bad but we actually got sick from it both time we tried it. Last time we visited we brought our own food supplies and it was great. There is also a little pizza shop nearby that serves great food.

• Liked — value and rooms
  • Disliked — food
  • Stayed January 2006, traveled as a couple
Best Western Plus Cedar City
Best Western Plus Cedar City
#1 of 22 in Cedar City
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cedar City

Been to Cedar Breaks Lodge? Share your experiences!