“Many Stay's - always reliable”
Review of Cedar Breaks Lodge

Cedar Breaks Lodge
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Brian Head
Reviewed August 25, 2008

We have stayed at this property many times during the summer months, with mostly very positive results. This property uses rooms that are owned by individuals that are rented as part of the property.

Contact the property directly, because if you reserve online you will be charged a NON-Refundable service fee, even if you have a timely cancellation.

Parking in the garage is cramped and subject to first come - first served.

Upon check-in you will be offered a "Membership" to the on-site bar. Don't be suspicious, as it is part of the WEIRD Utah laws that regulate alcohol and taxes.

The rooms are moslty decorated the same with modern earth tone slate tile and neutral colors. Alarm clocks and televisions are in the bedroom and small living room. Box fans are provided to circulate air on hot days, as this property does not have air conditioners. Kitchenettes are fully stocked with most utinsels, microwave and toasters. Bath room have a jetted tub.

This property has always been used as a Good option for clean, quiet and comfotable lodging while in Brian Head. We always ask for a room in the main lodge or on the mountain side **** Don't stay in the lodge next to the road, or you will hear the Large trucks most of the early morning and afternoon.

Stayed: July 2007
1  Thank Vegas411

Reviewed March 7, 2008

If you are expecting a first class hotel experience, then this is not the place for you. For example, the bathroom and towels are not exactly clean (unless you don't mind a fair amount of hair that is not yours), there is no central heat or cooling, and the preferred manner of heating the bedroom (where my 18 month old child was sleeping in a pack n play) is a spontaneous fire in the fireplace that is difficult to control (much to our surpise as this is the 21st century and we were not staying in a log cabin).

Notwithstanding the substandard hotel product, the staff was very nice (although at times not particularly helpful), and the food was ok (I wouldn't tempt fate, however, and order anything more complicated than the steak). Also, for being in Utah, the hotel had a decent system to get beer and wine.

Bottom line, we were to stay for three days and we left before the expiration of 24 hours. And we are very thrilled to be home. Hopefully, I will not get any more marketing calls to purchase a time share from Monarch Grand Vacations (we have had two already).

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed January 8, 2008

What other hotel has a heated indoor pool, hot tub, restaurant and snowmobiles, sledding, horse sleighs and powder skiing an hour and a half from Vegas? Well maybe Vail comes close but the drive can kill you even from Denver, especially Friday noon on the 80, so hit this place! The restaurant is not even close to Vail quality, and the hotel is not the Ritz in Beaver Creek, but hey, the powder is steep and deep, although the board park is not so hot- Vail or Snowbird have better parks. Spent Valentines there with 8 of my kids and best friends much to the disdain of my wife, but she had a good time if a little less than total romance, but then again I was out in it. We stayed in the building not attached to the main hotel, mistake for cold walking access to the pool/spa. So dust off the 158 board and land in the POW off the jumps! We are going this year.

• Stayed: February 2006, traveled with family
Reviewed October 28, 2007

We arrived at Ceder Breaks on the afternoon of October 22nd after having driven from Death Valley. The front desk check in was quick and painless, they had everything ready to go when we arrived. Since this is off season, resturant facilities are limited to the Cafe' during the week, which was not open for breakfast, however we did eat in the Cafe' our first night, the food was good and resonably priced. The staff was willing to recommend other places to eat and apologized for the inconvenience. The accomadations were wonderful. The room was beyond our expectations. Of course this late in the fall, we did not need any airconditioning, any time it was a little warm, we just opened a window. There is a washer and dryer available at the end of the hall. It reminded me of the laundry room in my dorm in college, clean and basic, but usable. On their website, it warned about the altitude if you have respitory problems. We do not have any problem, but the altitude got to us. It was better after a couple of days, but it was difficult to sleep some nights because we had difficulty breathing.

Overall this was a excellent place, We would return.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 16, 2007

My wife, our child and my in-laws stayed in one of the 2 bedroom suites. The suite was very roomy and the construction is very solid. By this I mean that the bedroom doors and walls eliminated almost all the noise going on in other parts of the suite. Our child had trouble sleeping one night and my in-laws didn't hear a thing. On Saturday morning my wife took our child into the main area while I tried to get some more sleep and again I had no issues with noise keeping me awake. I read some other reviews before departure and was prepared for some short-comings but there was very little room for improvement. We swam in the pool which was excellent, used the hot tubs and the steam and the sauna which were all excellent. We dined in the steakhouse and the food and service were above average. We cooked in our suite and the amenities were stocked perfectly and everything was working great. There wasn't a laundry in the room but one is available and we were only there for the weekend. I would highly recommend this lodge for a weekend stay. It wasn't cheap but the amenities matched the price paid. 3 tvs (1 per bedroom, 1 in the common area.) The sofa was also a bed if you're planning a ski group outing. The common area TV had a DVD/VCR as well. I would definitely stay here again. We didn't use one but they have a limited number of cribs available for a child.

Reviewed September 14, 2007

We had a great time at Cedar Breaks. My girlfriend and I needed a break and a ski resort in the summer is the perfect escape. It was all but empty with only a few other cars in the garage under the building. Our suite was ready when we checked in (around 5pm). The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful - they even mailed my post cards for me. We ate in the restaurant 3 times and had room service once - food was VERY good all times and we were happy with the service, too. It's true the rooms do not have air conditioning, but there was a ceiling fan in both the bedroom and the living room and they provided a box fan which we never had to use. With the windows open we felt very comfortable. We even used the fireplace at night. The suite was painted in soft colors, nicely decorated. The bathroom had nice ceramic tiles & a whirlpool bath with samples from their spa for shampoo, etc. We both received massages from the spa - wish I could remember the names of the massage therapists - Nick & Dan, I think (loved them). We did not take advantage of the horseback riding or ATV's or mountain biking, but the guest services were very friendly. In all, I wish we were there now - it was a great place to sleep in late, order room service, lounge in the hot tub, and generally relax - and I want another massage!

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 9, 2007

Overall, I think this is about a 2-star resort. Even though our rooms were 85 degrees, there was no A/C and no way to cool them off. "Wait until nightime," we were told, "They'll cool down." The room furnishings were cheap, few channels on the TV, no iron/board, no washer/dryer (a pay washer is upstairs in a hot room, and you couldn't even purchase any soap). We received no cleaning, towels or other room service. At various times during the week the sauna, steam room, and hot tub were either down or barely operating. They had zero activities going on ("We're basically a winter resort," they said. Then why operate in the summer?) This is not a class act. I hope other Monarch properties are better operated, but guess what? I will never go back to find out.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with family
Best Western Plus Cedar City
#1 of 23 in Cedar City
Comfort Inn & Suites Cedar City
Holiday Inn Express Cedar City

Been to Cedar Breaks Lodge? Share your experiences!