“Great snow with pool, hottub- family family”
Review of Cedar Breaks Lodge

Cedar Breaks Lodge
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Brian Head
san diego
“Great snow with pool, hottub- family family”
Reviewed January 8, 2008

What other hotel has a heated indoor pool, hot tub, restaurant and snowmobiles, sledding, horse sleighs and powder skiing an hour and a half from Vegas? Well maybe Vail comes close but the drive can kill you even from Denver, especially Friday noon on the 80, so hit this place! The restaurant is not even close to Vail quality, and the hotel is not the Ritz in Beaver Creek, but hey, the powder is steep and deep, although the board park is not so hot- Vail or Snowbird have better parks. Spent Valentines there with 8 of my kids and best friends much to the disdain of my wife, but she had a good time if a little less than total romance, but then again I was out in it. We stayed in the building not attached to the main hotel, mistake for cold walking access to the pool/spa. So dust off the 158 board and land in the POW off the jumps! We are going this year.

• Liked — Heated Pool
  • Disliked — Icy parking lot
  • Stayed February 2006, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Murfreesboro, TN
Reviewed October 28, 2007

We arrived at Ceder Breaks on the afternoon of October 22nd after having driven from Death Valley. The front desk check in was quick and painless, they had everything ready to go when we arrived. Since this is off season, resturant facilities are limited to the Cafe' during the week, which was not open for breakfast, however we did eat in the Cafe' our first night, the food was good and resonably priced. The staff was willing to recommend other places to eat and apologized for the inconvenience. The accomadations were wonderful. The room was beyond our expectations. Of course this late in the fall, we did not need any airconditioning, any time it was a little warm, we just opened a window. There is a washer and dryer available at the end of the hall. It reminded me of the laundry room in my dorm in college, clean and basic, but usable. On their website, it warned about the altitude if you have respitory problems. We do not have any problem, but the altitude got to us. It was better after a couple of days, but it was difficult to sleep some nights because we had difficulty breathing.

Overall this was a excellent place, We would return.

• Liked — The room was beautiful and immaculately clean
  • Disliked — The limited availablity of the restuarant
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed September 16, 2007

My wife, our child and my in-laws stayed in one of the 2 bedroom suites. The suite was very roomy and the construction is very solid. By this I mean that the bedroom doors and walls eliminated almost all the noise going on in other parts of the suite. Our child had trouble sleeping one night and my in-laws didn't hear a thing. On Saturday morning my wife took our child into the main area while I tried to get some more sleep and again I had no issues with noise keeping me awake. I read some other reviews before departure and was prepared for some short-comings but there was very little room for improvement. We swam in the pool which was excellent, used the hot tubs and the steam and the sauna which were all excellent. We dined in the steakhouse and the food and service were above average. We cooked in our suite and the amenities were stocked perfectly and everything was working great. There wasn't a laundry in the room but one is available and we were only there for the weekend. I would highly recommend this lodge for a weekend stay. It wasn't cheap but the amenities matched the price paid. 3 tvs (1 per bedroom, 1 in the common area.) The sofa was also a bed if you're planning a ski group outing. The common area TV had a DVD/VCR as well. I would definitely stay here again. We didn't use one but they have a limited number of cribs available for a child.

• Liked — quiet rooms
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
Sedona, AZ
Reviewed September 14, 2007

We had a great time at Cedar Breaks. My girlfriend and I needed a break and a ski resort in the summer is the perfect escape. It was all but empty with only a few other cars in the garage under the building. Our suite was ready when we checked in (around 5pm). The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful - they even mailed my post cards for me. We ate in the restaurant 3 times and had room service once - food was VERY good all times and we were happy with the service, too. It's true the rooms do not have air conditioning, but there was a ceiling fan in both the bedroom and the living room and they provided a box fan which we never had to use. With the windows open we felt very comfortable. We even used the fireplace at night. The suite was painted in soft colors, nicely decorated. The bathroom had nice ceramic tiles & a whirlpool bath with samples from their spa for shampoo, etc. We both received massages from the spa - wish I could remember the names of the massage therapists - Nick & Dan, I think (loved them). We did not take advantage of the horseback riding or ATV's or mountain biking, but the guest services were very friendly. In all, I wish we were there now - it was a great place to sleep in late, order room service, lounge in the hot tub, and generally relax - and I want another massage!

• Liked — Comfort of the suite
  • Disliked — Boring gift shop
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed September 9, 2007

Overall, I think this is about a 2-star resort. Even though our rooms were 85 degrees, there was no A/C and no way to cool them off. "Wait until nightime," we were told, "They'll cool down." The room furnishings were cheap, few channels on the TV, no iron/board, no washer/dryer (a pay washer is upstairs in a hot room, and you couldn't even purchase any soap). We received no cleaning, towels or other room service. At various times during the week the sauna, steam room, and hot tub were either down or barely operating. They had zero activities going on ("We're basically a winter resort," they said. Then why operate in the summer?) This is not a class act. I hope other Monarch properties are better operated, but guess what? I will never go back to find out.

• Liked — Good location between Zion and Brice
  • Disliked — Nothing good I can say
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank pathseeker

Travelers are raving about these Brian Head hotels

Utah
Reviewed July 25, 2007

Here is the deal. On 20 July 2007 my wife and I arrived at your lodge at 10:50 am, I ask Kathy to go see if there was early check-in, we had driven the bike up and would like to unload the clothing and cameras we had brought to the run. At this time she was told check out was under way and 2:00 pm would be check in time.

Now my friends arrive from Las Vegas at 1:45 pm William Rock and Ronald Tullos go up to front desk and check right into their rooms.

So my wife goes back up and was told again to wait till 2:00 pm ok we did.

Then we get our thinks go up at 2:10 pm and now told to wait tell 4:00 pm, what a great run front desk Cedar Breaks has going, the young men there were making comment that they could make people wait as they see fit. Ok I spoke to the front desk manager which made no sense; her comment was as the rooms became available they were handed out. My room was no more special than any other yet they made my wife and I sit 5 hours 3:50 pm because they with power choose us to.

I my family and any other people that will listen to me will never stay at a place with the smiling no caring attitude that this place shows toward me and other that came to this event to have a good time only to have it ruined by a few that have the power to do so.

As for people checking out, there were few, remember I was watching for 5 hours.

I would like someone to tell me the owner of the Lodge email address, so I could get them on line, I will find out who they are just will take time.

Stayed July 2007
3 Thank freadrich
Renton, Washington
Reviewed July 6, 2007

First, I understand there was a heat wave the week we were there, and that no hotels in Brian Head have air conditioning, but they really needed to design the rooms in such a way that when they have hot weather in the summer there is a way to get cross-ventilation. When cooking in the really nicely stocked kitchen, which you need to do if you have a large group of people, the kitchen/living room area in the 2 bedroom grand villa gets unbearably hot. The windows are only in the bedrooms and there is no way to get the heat out of room without propping open the door and getting all the fans going.
It is a very good place for families, and there were many families there. But the pool is small, the housekeeping is erratic, and the playground is also very small when there are many families staying.
Brian Head is a very small town, so don't go there expecting Park City or Whistler. Cedar City is not too far, so you can shop there for food.
There is a great pizza place in Brian Head with fabulous pies, (Brianberry Pie is the best) but terribly over-priced. Not a lot of competition--so the prices are high for everything in town.

• Liked — Close to national parks
  • Disliked — hot weather--no airconditioning, no in-room internet service
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
#1 of 22 in Cedar City
El Rey Inn & Suites
El Rey Inn & Suites
#6 of 22 in Cedar City

Been to Cedar Breaks Lodge? Share your experiences!