“Poor rental equipment spoiled a half decent resort.”
Review of Brian Head Resort

Brian Head Resort
More attraction details
Owner description: Winter and summer resort offering downhill and cross-country skiing and snowmobiling in the winter, and mountain biking, hiking, and ATV riding during the summer months.
Reviewed February 2, 2014

Firstly I have never been disappointed in anywhere enough to write a review before now but the rental equipment from Giant Lodge was so poor. On first inspection an Atomic board and bindings with Vans boots would seem like good equipment but the level of maintenance was sub standard. The Vans boots were without fault however after the first run the front and rear bindings both became noticeably loose, board off and back to the rental desk to be greeted by non-plusses staff. They patched it up and off I went again, same run same results so again back to the rental desk. This time I requested a change of board but again there was a distinct lack of interest and the statement 'that's just how they are man'. Again they butchered the bindings and sent me on my way. A few more runs later both bindings slackened again with a real sensation of my feet pivoting on the board. On a third attempt to get them sorted I was met by the same apathetic approach so handed it in with no sign of an apology/change of equipment or refund. A good resort with plenty of good facilities was soured by a poor excuse of a rental facility. All the more dissappointing as I had heard such good things about Brian Head, will not be returning.

6  Thank Mungo887
There are newer reviews for Brian Head Resort

Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

Reasonably priced lift tickets and rentals. No wait on the lifts. Many food options at Giant Steps but tight on seating. Well maintained. Great shuttle service constantly looping through resort and town.

We drove up in snowstorm and the setting was absolutely picturesque. Would love to return in the summer and check it out again. Highly recommend Cedar Breaks Lodge to complete the Brian Head experience.

3  Thank KikiSue02
Reviewed January 16, 2014

We have been to Brian Head ski resort, many times over the years. Nice resort with two hills; one more directed at beginner/intermediate; the other hill more intermediate/advanced, with a little bit of beginner. Nice atmosphere. During the week, you tend to have the ability to get up and down the runs pretty quick, without lines at the lift. Would definitely recommend! Trip from Las Vegas to Brian Head ski resort is about 3 hrs and 15 mins approx.

1  Thank careqt
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Brian Head is under new ownership this year and it shows!! We come skiing here every year. This year showed many improvements throughout the resort. My 6 year old granddaughter's favorite was The Magic Carpet which skiers not quite ready for the lift, are able to use to more easily get up the hill a bit (similar to the flat escalators in airports). She loved this!! The food is improved, the Kid's burger was tasty. The clam chowder was quite bland. The flatbread pizzas at the Giant Steps lodge looked very good.

3  Thank overbuget
Reviewed December 25, 2013

I'm a novice skier and the skiing here was perfect for me! Lots of beginner & intermediate runs, both short and long, were just what I needed after being away from the slopes for a few years. It looked as if it had plenty of tough runs for the more advanced adventurers, but I can't comment about those. The resort is not too big, but quite friendly, with a ski-rental staff and lift attendants that are cheerful and helpful. I didn't get to try any of the food, but I'm guessing it's on par with what's offered at other ski resorts. I stayed at a hotel in Cedar City, which is just a little over 30 miles away. Since Brian Head is only a 3 to 4 hour drive from Vegas, I'm sure I'll be coming here again!