“Lift operator was a jerk.”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Brian Head Resort

Brian Head Resort
More attraction details
Owner description: Winter and summer resort offering downhill and cross-country skiing and snowmobiling in the winter, and mountain biking, hiking, and ATV riding during the summer months.
Las Vegas, Nevada
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Lift operator was a jerk.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2011

I am a just learning to ski so they told me at the bottom of the lift to hand signal the operator at the top to slow down so we could get off easier. The first time up we were waving, screaming and doing what we could to get his attention, but he was too busy texting on his phone to notice so I flew off the lift and smacked my head - again he didn't notice. the person on the lift behind me stopped to see if i was okay. On the second run, we waved, screamed etc to ask him to slow down but he just said - "no worries, you guys got it" I then said no slow it down.... guess what, he didn't.... my husband was on the lift in front of me, flew off the lift and twisted his knee. when I came in the operator pushed me to the side so I didn't run him over... needless to say I went face first into the snow. He didn't even ask if we were okay. just said we needed to get out of the way before we get run over. so we paid for lift tickets we used twice b/c my husband could no longer ski with a busted knee. no one in the office seemed to care.

Visited November 2011
6 Thank JessG13

Houston, Texas
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Quick drive from Vegas, Can't wait to return!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2011

We made the drive after 2 nights in Vegas and we were so glad we found this place! We stayed in Cedar City since it was cheaper and we already had a car. We did use a shuttle service to get to the mountain 1 day because the road was pretty bad and we are from Texas, so we don't drive well in snow. You MUST have chains or they won't let you drive up under certain conditions. The rental line moves very slow and although it seemed crowded, we didn't wait long at the lift lines. They do have wind holds very often, but there's really nothing you can do about that. This is a great place for couples or families. We had a great time and couldn't believe that it wasn't crowded during Christmas break! We hope to return soon!

Visited December 2010
1 Thank texastraveler0621
USA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Incredible area not too crowded for skiing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2010

Wonderful place, albeit very high altitute. Great skiing, snowshoeing and the like. Nice drive not to scary going up as is in some mountainious locations. Not too far from LA and really beautiful

1 Thank goodfoodUsa
Henderson, Nevada
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Limited... very limited.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2010

Go during the week and you'll be on the mountain with only teenage boarders... weekends bring loads of Las Vegas families.
If your looking for the all around ski experience with something to do once you leave the slopes, you'll have to go to another destination.

4 Thank bjaa
Detroit
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Fantastic snowboarding and accommodations for a great weekend!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2009

My boyfriend and I were looking for a snowboarding weekend within driving distance of Las Vegas. We decided on Brian Head, UT, (www.brianhead.com) a 3-hour drive out of the Las Vegas airport. I found a 1 BR condo managed by The Aspens (www.aspensrental.com) as lodging--their prices were the most reasonable and had all the amenities we were looking for: kitchen, fireplace, jacuzzi/sauna on site, ski in/ski out. We also were able to get wireless internet in the unit! The condo was quiet, comfortable, and suited our needs. The management company was super nice and helpful--they responded to my emails and phone calls when I had questions.

The resort area was very quiet and uncrowded the last weekend of February 2009. The weather was unseasonably warm and sunny, but there were no lines and hardly any people on the slopes. At 10,500 feet, this is one of the highest elevation resorts around, and the views are stunning. The conditions were excellent.

Technically, we couldn't ski in/out of the condo, but it was a 1-minute walk to buy lift tickets and hop on the Giant Steps lift. I have no complaints about the proximity of the condo to the lifts.

There's not much in Brian Head, so get some supplies off of I-15. Although the shops in "The Mall" right next to the Giant Steps lift had plenty to accommodate our needs, get a case of bottled water (it's very dry here) and sunscreen--you will burn. The nearest town to Brian Head is about 15 miles down hill, and if you want any mainstream chain restaurants, you'll have to go about 30 miles.

For what you get for the price, Brian Head is unbeatable. I would definitely recommend this place, and I would absolutely come back.

3 Thank KittyThrow