“Ants in the bathroom” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bountiful
Kirkland, Washington, United States
“Ants in the bathroom”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

We stayed here for my convention in SLC to be closer to family that lives in Utah because our usual Hampton was booked. We should have paid the extra to stay in Salt Lake City and travel more. After we checked in we laughed initially at the state of the hotel rooms because we had just stayed in the Oxford Suites in Boise the night before and it was AMAZING! The breakfast at this hotel was horrible. The "egg" the first morning was so bad I took a picture of it and posted on Facebook. Friends could not figure out what it was. Did not look like food. The juice tasted watered down. The worst was that we usually came home and went right to bed, got up early and left. The last night we came back early because our daughter was having an asthma attack and realized that there were a number of ants in the bathroom. Being that all of our luggage was sitting on the floor and that our pajamas had spent the morning on the bathroom floor before moving them to the luggage pile before leaving in the morning the thought of putting those items on, or clothing the next day was completely gross! My husband (who happens to be a travel professional) called down to the main floor. The response was to "spray" our room. With an asthmatic child that's not going to happen. My husband pushed and had them pay to wash a load of laundry so we could have something to wear to bed and the next day. The only thing I'm thankful for is that I picked up some cedarwood oils the day before and will be spraying EVERYTHING including the car in the morning (which happens to be my birthday, happy birthday to me) to kill anything that has climbed into the luggage and other clothing. Again, I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. If they have ants on the fourth floor you have to wonder about what else is in the rest of the hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bountiful, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are very sorry to hear about the dissatisfaction of your stay. We will discuss the conditions of your room with hotel management to ensure all guest rooms are up to Country Inn & Suites standards. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future. Thank you for your feedback and we hope for another chance in the future to exceed your expectations.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Turkish first
Cootamundra
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel a number of times now and will continue to stay there whenever we visit Bountiful, Utah.
The rate was reasonable, the service and staff excellent and friendly.. There is a free airport shuttle and there is free WiFi available. If one does not have a WiFi device then there is a free to use computer and printer. If large numbers of pages need to be printed (>3), extra pages are charged for at a very reasonable rate.
On one visit my partner was quite ill and we needed to change bed linen. The room service staff we only too helpful.
Our grand-daughter who lives nearby was permitted to use the extra queen bed for a night or two at no extra charge.
The breakfasts provided were excellent. While I have yet to get accustomed to American breakfasts of omelets, sausages and "biscuits" (scones), I fully appreciated the wonderful waffles,syrupy and coffee! Real tableware, plates, knifes forks and spoons. Great - much better than throw-away plastics.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view, not a view of the entrance portico.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
InnTrusted, Public Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bountiful, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
We are so glad to hear that your stay went well and that you and your grand daughter were able to enjoy your time together. Our Country Inn breakfast spread is lots of fun and we are glad you liked our beautiful tableware. We look forward to your next stay! Thank you again for being our guest and returning.
Langley City, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

On par with any good BW Plus or other very reputable chains. Great pool, good complimentary breakfast, really clean. We were able to get 2 queens plus a pull out which is great - we have 3 kids and often have to ask for and cram in roll away cot.

Room Tip: Ask for 2 queens and pull out so you get a couch and/or extra bed and extra space! This wasn't l...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
InnTrusted, Public Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bountiful, responded to this review, November 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel in Bountiful. We are so glad to hear that our oversized suites worked so well for your family. We hope to see you again at the Country Inn & Suites in Bountiful, Utah. Thank you for being our guest!
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

These people called me in my room 30 minutes after - just to see if everything was good
thanks
wonderful time for kids too
makes all the difference when the people are friendly
easy to reserve room using trip advisor

• 5 of 5 bubbles
InnTrusted, Public Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bountiful, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
We are so glad to hear that your stay went well- we appreciate you and your family staying with us and would love to have you as our guest again- thank you!
Utah
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

We stayed at the Country Inn and Suites for 5 days in July for our family vacation. We have been loyal customers for many years, always staying here and vacationing at Lagoon and in the SLC area every summer. Because of interaction with a certain janitorial staff member , we will not be doing so again. Although the front desk girls seemed nice and so did the on site manager, no one seemed overly concerned about the experiences we had.
1. While swimming, my 4 year old needed to use the bathroom. Since the bathroom in the pool area is out of order, we needed to come inside. As we were coming in, this man proceeded to yell at my son, telling him "not to get the floors wet" and that he needed to turn around and go back to the pool.I assured the man that I was with him and that he had a towel on and was fine. He should have told me if there was a problem.. not my son.
2. My daughter was in the lobby picking a book out of the library. I was waiting for her. There were two boys on the couch. These boys had towels wrapped around them, and were just talking. This same man proceeded in a loud, agitated voice to tell the boys to "get off the couches!!!" He demanded that they move, since they still had swimming suits on. They explained that they were dry, but he demanded they leave. I am not these boys parents, but I was very upset that he would treat them this way, and I took my daughter back to the room and told her not to go to the lobby without me since he was on shift.
3. The third, last and worst offense.... was last night. We had been swimming as a family, and apparently dropped a pool towel outside our door when we came in. I was in the bathroom when I heard a knock at the door about 10:00 at night.. it was this same man, who when my 12 yr old son answered it, stuck his head in my room and started yelling at my son that they were not allowed to leave pool towels in the hallway. I was in the bathroom, heard this and came right our as this man proceeded to THROW the towel back in our room and slam our door. He violated our privacy, scared my son, and was completely inappropriate. The towel must have been accidentally dropped, and if he had an issue with it, needed to talk to me.

So in summary.... I do not feel safe taking my kids here while this is common practice. On a side note, there were broken handles on the dresser, large "patch" jobs in the shower, and overall service from other staff was acceptable.. but not like it has been in the past. We stay at numerous hotel chains, and have never had a situation like this happen.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank justjoemom
Carlson Hotels C, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bountiful, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We apologize for the dissatisfaction of your stay. I am happy I was able to discuss this situation with you directly, and help ease your concerns. The reaction from the staff member was inappropriate and unprofessional.

I appreciate you taking the time to e-mail me the incident. This helps us so we may review the situation and take corrective action to ensure this type of incident does not happen again.

In ending, I apologize again and express my desire that this guest be in touch with me at (801) 292-8100, asking for the GM and I will be more than happy to further discuss and hopefully resolve this matter to her satisfaction. We hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

The GM
Yorba Linda, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

This was a good hotel and a good value for what we paid. It was conveniently located. The location made travel between my 2 families easy. My family had a double queen room on the second floor, east side. Very quiet. There were 4 adults in the room and it was plenty big enough for all of us. The decor was nice and the room was very clean. One tip: If you are not leaving your room for the day before 7:30am remember to put the "Still Sleeping" sign on the outside door handle. If you don't housekeeping will knock on your door very early. That happened to us the first night. The second night we remembered and had no problems. The breakfast was OK but not as good as other hotels I've stayed at with similar rating. I liked the cart provided to take your luggage to your room. It saved going back and forth taking everything from the car to the room. The employees were very helpful and always smiling. The cookies were good too and a nice touch. I do wish there was more parking available. My family came back to the hotel late at night and we had to park further away than we would have liked.

Room Tip: Request a room on the East side away from the Freeway noise.
1 Thank Conrad49
Marotel L, Public Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bountiful, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review us at the Country Inn & Suites. We value the feedback that our guests leave so we can better the service we provide to our guests. We will share your comments with our team and appreciate your comments about the breakfast and parking lot. Thank you again for being our guest and allowing us to host your family. We hope to see you again in Bountiful- thank you!
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

This four-story motel is conveniently located between Salt Lake City and Ogden. It is only a few hundred yards from the I-15 northbound on ramp, and a few hundred feet off the I-15 US Highway 89 off-ramp. They gave our large group a nice discount for our six-night stay. They have free breakfasts with your stay, and the food is not fancy but good. You can even make your own waffles. They have an indoor pool and spa. They also have a very small workout room, three cardio machines and limited free weights. The rooms are very spacious a with nice décor, though in my room the carpet showed slight signs of wear, but not bad. The employees are helpful, knowledgeable about the area, and they even have homemade cookies everyday for a snack. I enjoyed my stay and will stay again if I head this way anytime in the future.

Room Tip: If you need a little extra room, ask for the honeymoon suite, only $10-$20 more per night.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank EpcotAl
Marotel L, Public Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bountiful, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you so much for your time in reviewing our hotel in Bountiful, Utah. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we appreciate your feedback on our carpet in your room. We would love the opportunity to see you again when you are in Utah. Thank you again for your review!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bountiful
BEST WESTERN PLUS CottonTree Inn
Little America Hotel
Little America Hotel
#11 of 75 in Salt Lake City
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,696 reviews

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bountiful? Share your experiences!