“Good Steak & Chicken, Amazing Macaroni Salad” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American, Polynesian, Hawaiian
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Good Steak & Chicken, Amazing Macaroni Salad”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

I've been to the Bountiful location, but they now have a location in Salt Lake too. I go to the Salt Lake one far more often.
My only complaint with the SLC location was speed of service. It took way top long to order. No one wants to wait in line for 15-20 minutes for fast-casual food. Recently they changed their process and rearranged to the way you order. It's super fast now, generally no waiting and never more than a minute or two (at lunch).
The chicken is most and perfectly cooked. I prefer the teriyaki chicken. Their steak is amazing. Good size portions of meat. Honestly, the mini is plenty of food and quite filling. If you want to go all out, then get the regular size. All meals come with rice & macaroni salad or green salad. If you're looking for healthier choices get brown rice and the green salad. If you want amazing, get their macaroni salad and white rice. It's so worth it! The regular size allows you to get 2 scoops of macaroni plus the rice.
You're looking at $7-$9 for lunch, but it's worth the price.
Recommended!

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Bountiful, Utah, United States
“Great Hawaiian food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

We eat at the Bountiful location very often. Get the "regular" pork entree and split it with someone. The pork is outstanding, as is the macaroni salad. Very fun atmosphere inside--makes me feel like I'm in Hawaii!

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Dallas S
West Jordan, Utah
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

I was introduced to this place at the one at 1830 S. 335 W. in Salt Lake City by my co-workers and I am now hooked!!! We order fairly often while at work and I wish I had known about it sooner. It's a Hawaiian atmosphere and decore. Took my wife there and she fell in love instantly. The flavor is incredible and they cook it right there as you order. The meats are steaks and chicken, white or brown rice, and the pasta salad is so good. Different sizes to order. They do take out and I believe they cator as well. Prices are decent for the amount you get. You got to try it!!!

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank Michael H
Bountiful, Utah
“Try It as Take Out”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2012

This is a very popular place for locals to eat and since it has great reviews our family decided to try it. The space is very small. It's fairly clean, but cramped and not comfortable. I would recommend take-out and not dining in. It takes quite a long time to get your food after you order because they are cooking it out back. So, the pro side is that it is fresh and arrives hot. The pulled pork was terribly salty I don't recommend it. The chicken was a little more "blackened" than I would have preferred, and the kids didn't like that "burnt" taste. But the steak was cooked perfect. (I would recommend getting the steak). This is a no-frills place. Everything is served in white plastic take-out boxes and you eat with plastic utensils. You choose the meat and 2 sides. My husband raved about the house Potato salad (he didn't share, so I can only state he says it was excellent). The rest of us played it safe choosing the salad and rice as our sides. The place was steadily busy the entire time we were there. This is obviously a real big hang-out for the locals. But, I'm a bit puzzled because for the money we spent I could list off a few other places I'd rather go for a more comfortable dining experience (Rumbi Island Grill just down the street certainly comes to mind). It's nice to see a "Mom and Pop" operation getting supported. If we go back, we will order the steak only and we will definitely do take-out.

• Visited March 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Bountiful, Utah
“Best Hawaiian food around”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2012

Mo Better is the best place for Hawaiian food around. This little hole in the wall is truly fantastic. My wife and I always get the Eculu Special, but make sure you get the macaroni salad as one of your sides because it is the best I have eaten. This menu item allows you to taste a bit of all they offer and we love it all. I would also recommend getting a shave ice after your meal, but again don’t forget to add ice cream and sweet and condensed milk to any flavor.