“A Great Value And Clean !”
Review of Poles Place

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Boulder
Poles Place
Ranked #3 of 4 Boulder B&B and Inns
LANSING
“A Great Value And Clean !”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

On a recent visit to Boulder I stayed here for multiple nights and found this motel to provide a convenient location, clean room and a very reasonable rate on a comparative basis. The woman at check-in was very pleasant and helpful and there were no surprises. I called ahead of time, made a reservation, and received a confirmation in the mail. The bed was comfortable, temperature well-controlled, and the bathroom was very clean. Upon arrival in my room, there was a notebook filled with information about the area that I found to be very helpful. On future visits to this area I would definitely stay here again !

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank SoloBert

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Geneva
Reviewed April 22, 2012

We stopped here on our way to Bryce Canyon and found the motel to be really good value for such a clean and pleasant place. It is quite basic, but there are many touches that show the owner really cares, like all the information on the region, the quilt on the bed, the decoration of the room and bathroom.
This is certainly not a destination in itself, but if you are just looking for a clean, pleasant place to sleep, it is perfect.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Port Hueneme
Reviewed April 14, 2012

I think every review on Poles Place is probably accurate. It's a nice little motel that is very clean and not fancy. The owner is very proud of her family history and I found her very interesting to talk with. She works hard to keep the place up which can't be easy in the middle of nowhere. She is very protective of her property. I like the price and the ease of the place. It's true that it isn't as fancy as Boulder Mountain Lodge, but I had hot water at Poles while my friends at Boulder Mountain ran out of hot water. My room was quiet in the wind and their door rattled and kept them awake all night. I drove to the door of my room, they dragged their gear up to the second story.

No pool, no fitness center. Go for a hike and jump in the river. It's a beautiful area.

This was the fourth time I've stayed there. I'll stick with Poles Place. Oh yeah, try the enchiladas at the Burr Trail Grill.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank YosemiteKid
Irving, Texas
Reviewed April 10, 2012

Called the Friday before Easter and they kindly told us they had room - until we said we had a child. The manager proceeded to tell us she was not accepting kids at that time as there was a large party and did not want to disturb them. Ummm??? Must be nice that she is doing great in this economy and can pick and choose her guests.

Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Katie S
East Lansing, Michigan
Reviewed February 4, 2012

We stayed at Pole's Place for a night because there was no space at the Boulder Mountain Lodge. These two places can't be compared, neither in the experience nor the price. It's much cheaper but not nearly as nice. It suited us as a place to flop for a night before backpacking, but it is certainly not a destination in itself.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Grants Pass, Oregon
Reviewed October 21, 2011

A friend and I were traveling in southern UT and had reservations at the nearby Boulder Mountain Lodge for 2 nights. We didn't want to leave this stunningly beautiful area and chose to stay at Poles Place our 3rd night. Camile, the owner, is a delight. She told us some interesting stories of her family, the motel and this area. The rooms are simple but clean and well worth a stay.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
North Salt Lake, Utah
Reviewed October 10, 2011

We had a pleasant one night stay at Poles Place in Boulder. The room was basic, but clean, and the bed was very comfortable. We didn't expect a lot out of the country motel and found the place to be as others have described. There are a lot of "no" rules around, but after a conversation with the inn-keeper, it was obvious these have become necessary due to thoughtless other guests. Personally, I appreciate a no smoking/no pets motel because it means the rooms are cleaner and more pleasant for me. I also appreciated her attention to the outside appearance of the motel. The coreopsis were in bloom everywhere. One nice surprise was some of the softest towels I have ever experienced in a hotel, including some very nice hotels.

One downside to the motel is that the walls are very thin. If you are a light sleeper and your neighbor snores, you will most likely be annoyed. This wasn't a problem for me, but I did drift off to the sounds of conversation in the next room.

It's a good idea to make reservations. The nearest towns are over 40 minutes away in either direction over mountain roads and there aren't a lot of options in Boulder. If you plan to eat at Hell's Backbone Grill and have a glass of wine, you'll want to stay local. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank diinslc
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boulder
Best Western Plus Ruby's Inn
Canyons Bed and Breakfast
Canyons Bed and Breakfast
#1 of 9 in Escalante
Cowboy Homestead Cabins

Been to Poles Place? Share your experiences!