“F.A.B.O.U.L.O.U.S!”

Ranked #1 of 6 Restaurants in Boulder
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Opening for the season on March 17, 2017 Blake and Jen serve fresh organic food that comes directly from their own 6.5 acre Boulder farm for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Everything we offer is handmade, even our hot sauce and jam! Our beef and lamb is grass-fed and finished and comes from a local rancher. We have children's menus available for all three meals. We're deeply committed to our farm to table ethos and to serving delicious place-based cuisine in a beautiful and casual setting. We offer a curated selection of sustainably produced wines and a full bar with craft cocktails. We also are able to offer food to go, if you are just driving on through!
Reviewed November 16, 2013

I had read about this place and hoped during my 20 days tripping around UT that I could end up there to enjoy a meal. Well it worked out that I DID! and it was wonderful!! The best meal of my whole trip. After driving the awesomeness of scenic hwy 12 I was then blessed to have a meal here. I have food allergies (no dairy, wheat or eggs) and there was no issue on getting something yummy for me to eat. I first had there backbone house salad,, the zuni sweet potato skillet cakes, and then lemony chicken over rice and organic vegetables. I SAVORED every bite of this delicious meal. (especially after eating crap food most of the week I was excited to get FRESH foo.) Its not inexpensive place to eat. It was during the week and they were very BUSY. The service and people that work there were very nice. I highly recommend going there. I should have gotten a room. During the off season rooms are less. Driving at night (and its so dark in UTAH) is not fun with the wildlife around the sides of the road. I also loved the inside of the place. I sat right by the front window and could watch the sunset.

1  Thank gypsyiam

Reviewed November 11, 2013

We took 3.5 hours out of our red rock canyons vacation to drive to Hell's Backbone Grill for a special gourmet lunch. For allergy reasons, I eat paleo including whole grains. The only meat-based menu offering was meatloaf. After it arrived at the table., I found out it was prepared with dairy and gluten. Instead I ate two poached eggs over brown rice with sautéed beet roots. it was fine, but not worthy of this highly acclaimed restaurant.

1  Thank Lucy Beale P
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Having spent plenty of time in Utah wishing the food lived up to the spectacular scenery, I can now report that Hell's Backbone Grill has given me hope that there may be other oases of gastronomy hidden out there in rock country. If a good friend had not told me about it I never would have found it. It isn't on the way to much but it is worth going out of your way for. We had a hard time choosing from the many tempting items on the menu. We finally decided to order the cookbook, which has recipes for all the stuff we couldn't eat, along with our dinner, which was sensational.

1  Thank jjhowlett
Reviewed November 8, 2013

This upscale southwestern cuisine restaurant is very warm and appealing. The food is fresh and they use ingredients that are in season. I had the Cowgirl meatloaf with a spicy cream sauce with mashed potatoes and the vegetable were a medley of squash. I didn't know squash could taste so good.. Really lovely meal and who would have thought there would be such a great restaurant in Boulder UT. There are also several excellent choices for vegetarians.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

It's really good food, don't get me wrong, but be prepared to spend $100 for two people (without dessert). That's just too much for most people, and the Circle D Eatery, which is right down the road serves equally great food for about half the price, you be the judge...