“A perfect ride!”

Hell's Backbone Ranch and Trail
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A perfect ride!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

This was real trail riding on an excellent horse. I am a very experienced rider and I am usually bored by the typical rental ride. Becky took me on the ride of a lifetime including climbing steep trails and cantering across open stretches on a horse I would be proud to own. Already planning a trip next year.

3 Thank leonzlair

Inver Grove, Mn.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“First Rate Ride”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

A friend and fellow horsewomen and I took a trip this Aug. to ride and site see. I had researched all the riding establishments in the area and chose Hell's Backbone, and I am sure glad I did!!!!! When ever I am on vacation I try to find a place to ride, but this was the best one yet! We took the half-day ride and it was the most different riding experience I have ever had ! You ride up and down shear slip stone walls and the view was awesome!!! It is a little out of the way, but worth the trip. V.Z.

Visited August 2012
Rockville, Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great horse riding experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

My sister and I booked a half day ride with Hell's Backbone Ranch and were thrilled with what a great experience it turned out to be. As a novice rider who enjoys the occassional vacation horse ride I'm used to the ploding trail horse that most stables use. That could not be further from the experience we had with Breck and his excellently trained horses. He took the two of us up into the aspens around some beautiful lakes for a half day ride. Everything about the experience was great - the scenery was wonderful, the horses a pleasure to ride, and Breck was a great guide who was happy to share information about his way of life and the area as a whole. If you are out in Boulder, don't miss a ride with Hell's Backbone Ranch.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Maisycyril
Asheville NC
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Fun Diversion”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2012

On our way from Bryce to Capitol Reef, we stopped here and took a two hour horse back ride In Hell's Backbone area of Boulder. Our Guide, Becky, was great and was very patient with our group of novices (but didn't baby us). We enjoyed the break from hiking and the experience of horseback riding through an area that was all our own- we didn't see another soul on our two hour ride. Though the scenery doesn't compare to Bryce and Zion, it was still quite interesting and we were glad we had the experience to ride horses together as a family.

Visited July 2012