“"Fabulous stay””

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Blanding
Denver, Colorado
“"Fabulous stay””
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We had a fabulous holiday and would recommed this hotel to everyone. The staff were also amazing and nothing was ever too much trouble. they thought of everything.Every member of the staff is polite and professional. The spa, pool and breakfast was good. Room was very spacious. Enjoyed our two-night stay. The price is reasonably given the location of the hotel. Checked in late Roj was so kind to help us with our luggage upstairs. No elevator :(

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Czech first
KC
Reviewed June 27, 2013

The hotel canceled our reservation without telling us. I arrived with a confirmation # and were told there was no record of us. It was late at night, I had already driven 900+ miles for the day, there were not other rooms in the area. The same thing happened to someone else while I was trying to check in. What a nightmare! Save yourself a huge a huge headache and stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Reserve a room here at your own risk. You have been warned!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank JonESpivens

Travelers are raving about these Blanding hotels

Clermont, Florida
Reviewed June 26, 2013

This hotel recently switched over to the Quality Inn name (from Blue Mountain Inn). In my opinion, the Choice Hotel corporation made a mistake by adding this hotel. The following is an explanation of why I believe this.

Upon check-in, I informed the manager about my service dog. He asked me if I had documentation for my dog. I told him that I was not required to give him any documentation, but showed him my card to save explanations. He then asked me why I need the dog. This is in direct violation of the Americans with Disabilities Act. Any and all hotel employees that check-in guests should know the rights of their guests with disabilities. I was friendly with him and told him what he wanted to know, despite his rudeness in his questioning.

He gave me a room key for room 112. My wife and I went to room 112 with our things and the door was wide open. The room was not yet cleaned, with the bedspread and blanket lying on the floor and other things strewn about the room. I went back to the front desk and asked for another room. We were given room 105, which was already cleaned. The room did not smell clean and was dated. Things we noted: The hotel swimming pool was "closed for maintenance." I selected this hotel because it had a pool; the grout on the bathroom floor was black in places; there was a spot on the bathroom ceiling/wall that looked like black mold; there were holes in the walls were objects have been previously hung and the holes not patched; there were stains on several walls. The bathtub had a deep dent near the drain that looked like a hole; One of the light fixtures in the ceiling had a huge stain on it. the garbage can outside the hotel was overflowing with garbage. The hotel's information book in our room still had the old hotel name on the cover.

Seeing the bedspread and blanket on the floor when we first arrived, we didn't want to use them (because the carpet is old and didn't look clean), so we slept using just the sheets (hoping this was clean). The furniture looked old, dated, and worn.

When we arrived the WiFi was not working. We went to the front desk to talk to the manager and the there was nobody around. There was a sign on the desk that read "To check in please dial 300." We dialed 300 and got the manager, who was walking around with a board of health representative. He said he would reset the router and to try again in 10 minutes. I tried again in 10 minutes and it worked, but was very slow during our stay.

My wife wanted a soda from the hotel soda machine but didn't have change. She went to the front desk to ask for change for a twenty and the clerk said they had no change. When we did get change, my wife bought an orange soda. The soda expiration date was March 2013 (3 months past expiration). My wife and I went to the front desk to talk to the manager and the front desk was empty again. So we called the 300 number again (It was very common seeing the desk unmanned during our 2-day stay). The manager traded her outdated orange soda for a coke.

We always put up our "Do not disturb" sign when away from our room, but while out on a trip to Monument Valley, someone went in our room. We had our A/C set to have the fan run constantly and this was turned off when we returned to our room. We told the manager about this and he said that no one would enter your room if you had a do not disturb sign on the door. It was like he didn't believe us.

We paid over $200.00 for our 2 day stay at this hotel. This was way overpriced, especially when the pool was out of order most of our stay.

Good points: It was fairly close (55 miles) to our destination point of Monument Valley. The maid was very friendly, the night desk clerk was also very friendly. The town was quiet and the locals friendly.

I have used Choice hotels for years and currently have a Platinum Elite Member card. I do have to say that this was the worst Choice Hotel I have ever stayed in and I am very surprised that Choice allowed them into the franchise.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Rob D
Faith, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

Hotel was comfortable, but fair warning, bring your own pillow. The pillows are the size of a decorative pillow that you put on your couch. They are small. Room set up was awkward, and it definitely needed an upgrade.

Stayed June 2013
Loveland, Colorado
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

After a day of hiking in Moab my wife and I found this to be a good place to stay on our trip to Arizona. The pool and hot tub were nice. Moab is great but even the most basic hotels there are pretty expensive (about $200 a night). Blanding is much better. The hotel looks a little dated but our room was large, the beds good and the breakfast pretty simple but adequate.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Everything about our stay was great. The check in was friendly, helpful and very efficient.
The room was spacious and very clean.
There was a fridge, coffee maker and microwave.
Our fridge was not working too well and was instantly replaced.
The beds and pillows were very comfortable and the linen was spotless and smelt really nice.
We had a swim and used the hot tub. We found the water in the swimming pool very warm. After a very hot day of hiking we needed to cool down in the pool and we would have preferred cool water. However, it is a matter of choice.
I feel that the water in the pool and hot tub could be cleaner.
The staff were friendly and helpful.
The breakfast was a nice surprise. There were 2 kinds of juices,fresh fruit, yoghurt, waffles,different types of cakes and pastries boiled eggs, toast, bagels, cheese, jam and honey as well as tea and coffee.
We found a nice grocery shop nearby which had good supplies, a deli and yummy grapes.
We would definitely recommend this motel to anyone who is in the area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
California
Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

Used to be a comfort inn, and still is, on some online searches.
This hotel is run by extremely friendly people. Very willing to help, and pleasant.
The problem, the rooms in need a cleaning from top to bottom. The couch in our room
Was a no-touch zone. The grout in the bathroom was not suppose to be black.

Management, if you're reading this, once again your front desk people were great.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blanding
Stone Lizard Lodging
#3 of 3 in Bluff
Inn at the Canyons
Inn at the Canyons
#1 of 6 in Monticello

Been to Rodeway Inn &Suites? Share your experiences!