“Great Memories”

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Blanding
Denver, Colorado
“Great Memories”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

My wife and I searched for a couple of days online and found this online. Because of its location to and the price, we booked a Thur-Sun stay in early March. The hotel is a very short walk to all the shops, though we didn't have any youngsters with us, and I wouldn't recommend the walk for ages too big for strollers-13. The rooms were very well kept, and despite being on main street, there was no noise pollution. The free breakfast was nutritious and fresh. All the staff that we interacted with were also very friendly and knowledgeable. I would highly recommend this location to my family and friends, as well as remember it and visit again the next time.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Czech first
Mesa, Arizona
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We arrived and checked in on Sunday June 9, 2013.
The room key didn't work. We returned to the desk and were "rekeyed" and it worked.
There was no TV remote at all in the room.
We returned to the desk and were given another one that also didn't work. We returned again to the desk and were given another one that didn't work. No TV.
We were referred to a local restaurant that was really quite bad.
We were just laughing about all this and when we returned to our room we couldn't get Wi-Fi which had been posted as a 'draw' to get people to stay there. We returned to the front desk to ask about the Wi-Fi and were then treated as an annoyance. We just smiled and returned to our room. The young lady at the front desk for the evening was actually very nice and tried to respond to our requests. She admitted she was very new as she struggled to help us.
The following morning, I inquired again about the Wi-Fi, we were told by a new person at the front desk that, "Oh well, sometimes we need to reboot it." This new crew of 2 acted like they hated their jobs and despised being bothered. No Wi-Fi.
The "breakfast" was terrible. So much of what they offered was so old. The small jelly containers were so old, the jelly was all shrunken and had the consistency of tar. Could not even be spread. We just laughed and went somewhere else for breakfast.
It appeared the hotel had just been taken over by Quality and maybe were in the beginning stages of transition. Very unfortunate as this has NOT been our experience normally with Quality Inn in the past.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Blanding hotels

Commerce City, Colorado
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I have read some of the earlier reviews regarding this property. And for the most part it is an older hotel in an old town, so comparatively it was consistent with what is available in the area. Monticello appeared more run down and Bluff just did not have much at all. So yes, staying on Moab would be the better option. With that said, it was not the best option for us. I found the room to be very clean and the bed and bedding to be extremely comfortable. I had not problems with showering. I did not use the pool; however, it was open and others were using it. The breakfast had variety and met our needs. I think the price was comparable for other similar locations in the area. Most notably, however, was the service. They were extremely friendly and helpful. In fact, if I were to pass through the area again, it was enough to encourage me to stay there. I left a pillow in the room and called later in the day after checking out to see if they found it. For a week I had no cell service and did not have any further contact with the hotel. When I drove back through, a week later, and inquired about it, they had it bagged and waiting for me. I was floored to say the least. Albeit hotels can do a lot to improve comfort and quality, but without great service, it is a poor experience overall. It seems to me that under their new management they are making the effort every day to improve.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank rvtrebor2678
Maryland
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Everything in the Moab area was book well in advance so make your reservations there early. We got stuck here in Blanding and Oh my! The price is right but it is wanting for lots. Seems the motel is about to go through some much needed renovations. Pool was closed – not that I would have gone in it anyway. The sliding window in the room came completely out of the frame so we had to put it back in and try to lock it shut. I have photos of my husband handing the luggage through the window while the pane was leaning against the wall. Funny. Run the hot water full blast for at least five minutes before you plan to use it. I’m not kidding. It will eventually get hot. The town of Blanding is old and there is not much available in the way of lodging. On the plus side, the room was clean but I did ask for extra towels to put on the sofa and chairs before sitting on them. Low budget is the operative words for this Comfort Inn changing to Quality Inn or vice versa. The staff was nice and helpful and understood the situation and conditions. They were doing the best they could with what they had to work with. The young lady at the checkout tried to tell me it was the City's fault the hot water took so long to get to the room. I can't imagine what the City has to do with the hotel hot water tanks so I wrote it off as a made up excuse.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 31, 2013

This hotel shocked us, not only by its pri which were way above the average for Quality Inns in the area, bualso for the poor quality of hotel. It really doesn't match what I expect from Quality Inns. The hotel is old, with thin walls that spare you nothing the neighbours say. The quality of furniture and decoration leave a lot to be desired, and hot water took an age to arrive, although to be fair we were warned of this.

The hotel is understaffed, and nothing would entice me to return. Next time I get stranded in Blanding I will sleep in the car!

Room Tip: Try another town if possible.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We checked in 4/22/13 Room 120, took a nap and then tried to have a hot shower. Called front desk, was told to turn water on and let it run 5 minutes. Did that, no hot water. Called again, girl from front desk came & turned up the water & waited, left it running & went back to desk. I called again. No hot water. Requested a new room.."Had we used anything in the room?" Yes!! we had been in the room for 2 hours, had a nap. We were moved to another room, this room hadn't been vacuumed, trash in drawer, and only 1 wash cloth. When we checked out the person checking us out commented that they didn't know why they kept putting people in room 120 as it always had no hot water. Called the manager a couple days after we got home and he never returned my call.

Room Tip: don't let them put you in room 120
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Large rooms, comfortable beds and all needed services including a free breakfast buffet at the adjacent Old Tymer Restaurant (Soon to be called Tuscan Gardens). Located on the main drag in Blanding, UT the location provides easy access to all local activities. The only minor drawback is the lack of an elevator to the second floor.

Room Tip: Ask for a first floor room if you have heavy luggage.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blanding
Stone Lizard Lodging
#3 of 3 in Bluff
Canyonlands Lodging
Canyonlands Lodging
#2 of 7 in Monticello

Been to Rodeway Inn &Suites? Share your experiences!