“Great Hotel with location”

Rodeway Inn &Suites
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Blanding
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Wound up in Blanding Utah because we couldn't get to Monticello for an open day during our trip. We saw that this place got good reviews so we took a chance. My son and I both liked this hotel and you couldn't beat the price. The town had couple restaurants close by. Gentlemen who checked us in was very kind, friendly and informative. Breakfast was a great bonus something that we didn't expect along with heated pool and Hot tub. Overall, Blanding was a nice place and worth a visit even as a stop over.

Room Tip: The only hotel in town with good breakfast and Pool/Hot tub.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Isabel T, Marketing Representative at Rodeway Inn &Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Dear Jose L,

It was delight to have you stay with us! Thank you for your kind words they are very much appreciated, we hope to have you come back to visit us again soon!

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Found it on Priceline. Happy with room, fairly clean. 40 watt light bulbs--so bring your own 60 watt bulbs! Had a heated small pool--nice bonus. The gal, Hadley?) who worked the front desk was awful, wouldn't answer phone, look you in the eye when talking to you. Sunday nite in Mormon country so was concerned about finding a place to eat. I pried an answer out of her--she told me of a steak joint. Was closed. Thanks to Subway--we were able to eat. Just plain did not care. Surprising as Utah used to be a friendly state.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank David M

Dear Dave M,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. We have spoken to management about this issue. Your feedback will help us deliver a better experience to our future guest and prevent future guest from sharing the same experience as you and your friends did.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

I was there with my family for a conference beginning of this month. The hotel was full of teachers who were attending conference. I checked in late night around 10. I didn't know everything closes early in this town. My kids were hungry and I couldn't find anything open in town. I called front desk explained him my situation and to see if anything is open in any other town nearby. I was told the closest 24hr restaurant is two hours away.

Next thing you know he was at my front door with bunch of food, soda and fruit. My kids were so happy. I was so relieved that I don't have to go out there middle of the night for food hunt. A GREAT human being with great customer service.. FANTABULOUS!!! God Bless!!!

Room Tip: Brand new rooms with great breakfast, pool and Hot tub. Not to mention "Fantabulous" staff...
Reviewed March 3, 2013

After an EXTREMELY APPALLING experience at a hotel in Flagstaff, Arizona and a "fire alarm scare" at a CASINO HOTEL in Las Vegas, I decided I would make the hotel reservations on our return trip from Sale Lake. We decided to see Monument Valley and at a visitor's center it was recommended we stay in Blanding. Having had good experiences with private hotels in the past, we decided to give this one a try. VERY reasonable prices for a GREAT experience. I would equate my stay at this location to a resort I stayed in for a work conference.
I had tried making reservations online as a passenger in the car, but the internet wasn't cooperating, so I gave the hotel a direct call. The man that answered was very helpful and friendly. Knowing we had reservations allowed us to enjoy our stay even more.
Once we finished our day and finally arrived at the hotel to check in it was rather late (between 9 and 10 pm). It was chilly outside and it was comforting to come into a fireplace in the lobby. We checked in, got to our room and LOVED what we saw. The bed was even of a memory-foam type mattress. Looking around the hotel we saw pool and hot tub and decided to jump in. It was a GREAT way to relax!!

Breakfast was complimentary and it was a wonderful selection of scrambled eggs, sausage, waffles, yogurt, toast, juices, coffee, fruit....I'm sure I am forgetting something, but it was more than I had seen at more expensive places! All in all it was GREAT!!!! (I just hope my happy review doesn't cause this location to jack up their prices!)

Room Tip: Be sure to drop by overnight!!!
1  Thank Franco M
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I drove all night from Arizona about 5 in morning when I decided to get a hotel on my way to Moab. I stopped at Super 8 but no one picked up the service call. I decided to go next door to Blue Mountain. I called the service number and a young man came out right away to check me in. Very friendly, courtious and helpful. After I checked in about 5 minutes later I got a call from him to make sure everything is okay in the room and if I need something. I call this an EXCELLENT hotel service. Staying here again on my way back to AZ.

Room Tip: Very clean place with hot breakfast, warm pool and hot tub!!!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Well I thought since this was no longer under the comfort inn umbrella that maybe this hotel had changed hands NOPE!!!!!! Unreal we could not believe I reserved on line the "honeymoon" suite in the hopes of a decent room.....went to check in with the very rude person she stated two queens beds which I told her no we had a suite well we never ended up with the honeymoon suite but did get a king suite with a whirlpool tub....ok so one wld like hot water there thats not happening the water took 15 min to get even slightly warm Every time you turned it on. On top of that I had to clean the tub area prior to use hair everywhere..oh and no toilet paper had to call for that....2 small towels...and the bathroom light didn't work. The coffee maker had to be held up to get coffee out of it as the bottom plate was gone, the handle was broke as was the top. The room was alright in size but no information on the town no fire escape plan, no tv quide, no hotel quide. Now the rest of the hotel I really could not believe it when I got to the pool area the hot tub was out and it had been out when we were here TWO years ago....the pool water and area was warm but could use some cleaning the lobby is uninviting as is the staff. Just stay away this person is milking all he can out of this hotel till it falls into disrepair to the point he must close is all I can figure.

Room Tip: go elsewhere Super 8
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank theprairieprincess

Dear Guest,

I am sorry for your unsatisfied return to Blue Mountain Inn. Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention, issues have been addressed to our entire hotel staff and Hotel Manager, corrective action will be taken. We are always working towards upgrading and improving and your feedback is very much vallued and appreciated.

Sincerly,

Reviewed January 23, 2013

The room was clean ,quiet ,. Microwave, refrigirator, WIFI are very good. The front desk are friendly and helpful. I give it a 5 overall is because the price.It's a tiny little Utah town. They had full hot breakfast with indoor pool and spa. This is the best hotel in town.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blanding
Stone Lizard Lodging
Desert Rose Inn & Cabins
Kokopelli Inn
Kokopelli Inn
#3 of 3 in Bluff

Been to Rodeway Inn &Suites? Share your experiences!