“Great Experience!!”

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Blanding
Castel Ritaldi, Italy
“Great Experience!!”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

After an EXTREMELY APPALLING experience at a hotel in Flagstaff, Arizona and a "fire alarm scare" at a CASINO HOTEL in Las Vegas, I decided I would make the hotel reservations on our return trip from Sale Lake. We decided to see Monument Valley and at a visitor's center it was recommended we stay in Blanding. Having had good experiences with private hotels in the past, we decided to give this one a try. VERY reasonable prices for a GREAT experience. I would equate my stay at this location to a resort I stayed in for a work conference.
I had tried making reservations online as a passenger in the car, but the internet wasn't cooperating, so I gave the hotel a direct call. The man that answered was very helpful and friendly. Knowing we had reservations allowed us to enjoy our stay even more.
Once we finished our day and finally arrived at the hotel to check in it was rather late (between 9 and 10 pm). It was chilly outside and it was comforting to come into a fireplace in the lobby. We checked in, got to our room and LOVED what we saw. The bed was even of a memory-foam type mattress. Looking around the hotel we saw pool and hot tub and decided to jump in. It was a GREAT way to relax!!

Breakfast was complimentary and it was a wonderful selection of scrambled eggs, sausage, waffles, yogurt, toast, juices, coffee, fruit....I'm sure I am forgetting something, but it was more than I had seen at more expensive places! All in all it was GREAT!!!! (I just hope my happy review doesn't cause this location to jack up their prices!)

Room Tip: Be sure to drop by overnight!!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Franco M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Czech first
Phoenix
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I drove all night from Arizona about 5 in morning when I decided to get a hotel on my way to Moab. I stopped at Super 8 but no one picked up the service call. I decided to go next door to Blue Mountain. I called the service number and a young man came out right away to check me in. Very friendly, courtious and helpful. After I checked in about 5 minutes later I got a call from him to make sure everything is okay in the room and if I need something. I call this an EXCELLENT hotel service. Staying here again on my way back to AZ.

Room Tip: Very clean place with hot breakfast, warm pool and hot tub!!!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Wyoming
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Well I thought since this was no longer under the comfort inn umbrella that maybe this hotel had changed hands NOPE!!!!!! Unreal we could not believe I reserved on line the "honeymoon" suite in the hopes of a decent room.....went to check in with the very rude person she stated two queens beds which I told her no we had a suite well we never ended up with the honeymoon suite but did get a king suite with a whirlpool tub....ok so one wld like hot water there thats not happening the water took 15 min to get even slightly warm Every time you turned it on. On top of that I had to clean the tub area prior to use hair everywhere..oh and no toilet paper had to call for that....2 small towels...and the bathroom light didn't work. The coffee maker had to be held up to get coffee out of it as the bottom plate was gone, the handle was broke as was the top. The room was alright in size but no information on the town no fire escape plan, no tv quide, no hotel quide. Now the rest of the hotel I really could not believe it when I got to the pool area the hot tub was out and it had been out when we were here TWO years ago....the pool water and area was warm but could use some cleaning the lobby is uninviting as is the staff. Just stay away this person is milking all he can out of this hotel till it falls into disrepair to the point he must close is all I can figure.

Room Tip: go elsewhere Super 8
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank theprairieprincess
Isabel T, Marketing Representative at Rodeway Inn &Suites, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am sorry for your unsatisfied return to Blue Mountain Inn. Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention, issues have been addressed to our entire hotel staff and Hotel Manager, corrective action will be taken. We are always working towards upgrading and improving and your feedback is very much vallued and appreciated.

Sincerly,

Isabel

Travelers are raving about these Blanding hotels

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The room was clean ,quiet ,. Microwave, refrigirator, WIFI are very good. The front desk are friendly and helpful. I give it a 5 overall is because the price.It's a tiny little Utah town. They had full hot breakfast with indoor pool and spa. This is the best hotel in town.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
San Diego, California
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I really liked my stay here!! My room was clean and very spaciuos. I also liked that i was able to connect to the Wi-Fi. But the thing i LOVED the most was that they have non-smoking rooms! i cant stand the smell, so this sure made my trip wonderful. Service was pretty good, they were actually very friendly to me. its a very good value plus they have free breakfast, so that saved me a couple of bucks!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Monkeysee21
Longueuil, Canada
Reviewed December 6, 2012

There's not a lot of choice of hotels/motels in dreary Blanding and the Blue Mountain Inn seemed like one of the better choices, even though some of the other critics of the place in TA were rather negative. They're pretty well right. The hotel is just OK in my book, and not much more. The hallways are dark and gloomy but the rooms are OK, but the vanities are ridiculously small. The rooms do come with A/C, flat-screen TV, a mini-fridge and microwave oven. A free hot (somewhat conventional) Continental breakfast is provided. Seeing the limited choice in Blanding, this hotel is acceptable, but it's no great shakes, either!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blanding
Stone Lizard Lodging
#3 of 3 in Bluff
Canyonlands Lodging
Canyonlands Lodging
#2 of 7 in Monticello

Been to Rodeway Inn &Suites? Share your experiences!