Gateway Inn
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Blanding
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Ok place to stay if you just need a place to crash. If I went back I would try another hotel just to compare. Not the most comfy beds. Bottom line, it's just ok. On second thought I'm not going back to Blanding. Really there is nothing there to go back for.

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank Haragas

Reviewed October 12, 2013

I enjoyed my single night stay here. Rooms were clean. King bed was massive (swear it was larger than a King). Lighting and decor was warm and friendly. Shower was STRONG, which is a great thing.

A nice clean place to stay if you're touring through Utah.

Traveller beware: Blanding is a dry municipality, so if you like your hotel room goodies be sure to purchase them BEFORE entering the city.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Dirty_A_1123
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I recently stayed in the suit above the main office. Throughout the night, the typical office sounds awoke me: bells ringing, phones ringing, conversations office staff were having on the phones or with people checking in/out. The only thing worse than that was the fact that the shower stall didn't really drain quickly, so within just a few (<5) minutes, I was standing in water up to my ankles. Other rooms might not be bad, but I'd avoid anything next to the office.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ma11hew
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Nothing fancy here. Just your basic motel room that is clean and where everything works. As a single it was $50 plus tax. Plenty of room. The wi-fi was not lightning fast, but very acceptable. Very good shower. TV reception had a touch of static, but worked for me. I've had better rooms. But if every motel room delivered the value of the Gateway Inn, then I would be a happy camper.

No fridge or microwave in my room. From reading the reviews, there are fridges and micros in most rooms so you might ask.

The only downside was that breakfast room was very small. All I wanted was coffee and I gave up because it was so cramped and I couldn't get to the coffee. There is a nice lounge. Management should consider putting some breakfast tables in the lounge to help with this.

Also, if you want a cold beer after touring beautiful southern Utah, then bring your own beer. Blanding is a dry town.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We looked in both Blanding & Monticello for this trip and found mediocre to poor reviews everywhere. With our AAA discount, this place was considerably less. I probably got what I paid for and guests at other hotels paid more but didn't get what they paid for. First the cons--the faucet dripped, the furnishings were old and chairs stained, the bathroom floor was dangerously slippery (be careful stepping out onto that bathmat as it might slip out from under you) and the continental breakfast minimal with bread products/danish/muffins, oatmeal, juice and coffee--which was available 24 hours. However, despite older furnishings and a dripping faucet, I slept soundly--even in a room facing the highway, had a pleasant shower each day, the room smelled fine, and we had plenty of room to park our oversized truck and ATV trailer. That's what a hotel is for, right? The front desk staff was friendly and helpful, even if housekeping neglected to fully restock our room with new coffee cups and coffee each day. Trust the advice at the front desk and avoid all restaurants in Blanding except the Patio Drive-In which has a large menu and is absolutely scrumptious! All-in-all, I might be back next year.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for your AAA discount!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RockyMtnReviewer
Reviewed September 9, 2013

This motel is located on the Main Street with ample parking and it is attractive from the street. The room was very clean, bed comfortable and very nice, fluffy towels. There is a nice outdoor pool and a continental breakfast; also I room coffee. Shampoo etc. is provided as well. The desk folks were all courteous and helpful. We would absolutely recommend the Gateway.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed July 15, 2013

It's like we were traveling together. Everything he mentioned is absolutely as we would have put it. We were very pleased with our stay there. We were surprised in the morning to find a bowling alley in the gas station/convenience store! Also, when leaving be conscious of the speed limit in town. The guy in front of us was not and he got a souvenir to take home.

Room Tip: Back side is off the road.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bsaylor1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blanding
Four Corners Inn
#3 of 6 in Monticello
Inn at the Canyons
Inn at the Canyons
#1 of 6 in Monticello

Been to Gateway Inn? Share your experiences!