“Loved it!”
Review of High Desert Lodge

and 1 more site!
High Desert Lodge
Reviewed July 25, 2014

absolutely loved it! the hotel was within 20 min drive from Page and it was relatively cheap compared to the hotels in Page. The rooms were very cozy with high speed wifi and the staff was more than friendly to my family.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed July 12, 2014

I stayed here for one night whilst visiting Page and Buckskin Gulch. The High Desert Lodge makes a good base for exploring these areas (the famous "Wave" is close by) and is a more affordable option than staying in Page yet still only 20 mins drive away.

The motel itself is kinda unique and "kooky". Each room appears to have a different theme - I got the John Wayne room, with several of his pictures and various cowboy regalia hanging from the walls! The room itself, whilst not huge, was perfectly fine for my needs and both the bedroom and bathroom were very clean. Be aware that you're in the desert so temps are very hot but there was an A/C unit in the room which cooled things down nicely. One bonus of being out in the middle of nowhere is the silence, beautiful scenery and fantastic night sky. A peaceful and restful night's sleep is guaranteed. The free WiFi connection was pretty good too.

The owner was very kind & helpful. She offered me tea, coffee and a light breakfast in the morning although I passed up on the offer as I wanted to get an early start hiking. A unique, affordable option - i'd have no problems staying here again if passing through.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Dan1886
Reviewed July 3, 2014

Though it looks like classic Nevada "House", it's really a down home cowboy bunkhouse with all the trimmings!
Lots of great wall hangings and Americana
Kinda pricey around holidays but open late and real friendly folks!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 28, 2014

This was the worst lodging during my trip in the US. We booked a room for two nights and during our registration the room number already changed. No problem so far, but apparently they were not very well organized with their rooms at all! The second day they just gave the keys to our room to someone else, while all our stuff was in there! I was really happy I was there at that time, because anyone with bad intentions could have just taken our belongings like that. I think something like this is just completely unacceptable for a lodging facility and I would advise anyone to stay away from this place!

Room Tip: Don't book here.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Annelies F
Billie S, Owner at High Desert Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2014

I am sorry for your experience. Yes it was a mistake. We have a new person in training and this unfortunately got missed on the second day of your stay. We have since taken more measures to make sure this does not happen to any guest again. Again sorry for the incident.

Reviewed June 21, 2014

I reserved through Booking.com but when I arrived they could not find my reservation. they gave me a room nonetheless. they charged the full price and not the one granted through Booking.com but when I remarked it they voided the transaction and charged the lower price. Still waiting for the void to be confirmed. the motel is very basic, in the middle of nowhere. but people was kind, room was clean and I felt safe

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed June 19, 2014

We booked for one night via email without any problem and we got that room what we booked. Nice, but a little small room with clean bathroom. The location is good if you want to drive to Horseshoe Bend, just 15-20 minutes.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank eniko1974
Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

We drove here late in the evening in pitch dark. Almost missed it! We were nicely welcomed and showed to our 'cowboy' room. It's a very quiet area, great night sleep. Great feeling of being in middle of nowhere in pitchdark.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
La Quinta Inn & Suites Page at Lake Powell
Lake Powell Resort
Lake Powell Resort
#14 of 27 in Page

Been to High Desert Lodge? Share your experiences!