Spent 3 days at the Amangiri mid September, 2013.
First and foremost, I will say that this is an excellent resort with absolute STUNNING & BREATHTAKING views. YOU'D BE HARD PRESSED FOR FIND A MORE MEMORABLE RESORT.
Our family flew into Page Arizona where we were picked up by two GMC SUVs. Upon arriving at the resort, we were greeted by a few staff waiting at curb side (excellent hospitality). We were quickly greeted by the General Manager who was incredibly cordial and professional.
I used to think that I only enjoyed traveling to countries where there are unique cultures like Japan and Thailand. However, Amangiri has completely changed my point of view and I'm going to start searching out resorts where unique landscape presides.
This resorts sits on hundreds of acres (I'm not sure exactly how big the property is because everyone I asked had a different answer). I can say without any reservation that the landscape makes the hotel.
This is the best 3 day vacation ever, but I think there's room for improvement. I will say again that this hotel is near-perfect, so all these negatives are minor things that could make it even more perfect.
- The hotel, rooms, etc. -> 9 (on a scale or 10)
- Service -> 9
- Food -> 7 (probably the low point of the trip)
- Natural landscape - off the charts and unfair to give it a 10 because there's nothing like it
One awesome thing they did is that everything in the mini bar is free (I love it). But the counter negative is that the free breakfast through the Amex was pretty abysmal (no hot food). Honestly, if you spend 10s of thousands for a weekend, you'd expect some bacon or sausage :-)......don't nickel and dime another $18 or $19 dollars.
I repeat AGAIN - this resort is the most amazing resort EVER - PERIOD. I'd would zero hesitation recommending the resort to anyone. You will be blown away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Amangiri (peaceful mountain) is located on 600 acres in Canyon Point, Southern Utah. The resort is tucked into a protected valley with sweeping views towards the Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument. Built around a central swimming pool with spectacular views, the resort blends into its dramatic surrounds of deep canyons and towering plateaus. Amangiri's Aman Spa features a floatation therapy pavilion, a water pavilion with sauna, steam room, cold plunge pool and step pool, a fitness centre and a yoga pavilion. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon and HotelsClick so you can book your Amangiri reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amangiri Hotel Big Water
- Amangiri Utah/Big Water