“Good food and great pie!”

SunGlow Cafe and Motel
Ranked #2 of 3 Restaurants in Bicknell
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: This is just a little taste of what our rooms look like. All of our rooms have different style, making it easy to stay away from home. Our rooms are clean, recently renovated, have cable t.v., and are adjacent to our restaurant.
Reviewed May 11, 2014

We stopped in for dinner in June 2013, on our way thru Utah.. The food was good, but what I really remember was the "Sweet Pickle Pie..." What the heck? Sweet pickle pie??? Yup, never had anything like it before... Green filling, made from pickles! And it was Great! Who woulda thought???

Reviewed April 23, 2014

Great little cafe located in Bicknell Utah...just minutes from Capitol Reef and surrounding towns. We enjoyed excellent breakfasts on two different occaisions.....Friendly people.

Reviewed April 6, 2014

Server was super friendly and over and above helpful! Food was great and reasonably priced. Only restaurant in town, so glad it was great!

Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

Great little hometown diner. Food and service were good. I'll always support places like this, as they give people in the small community a place to work and a place to eat away from home occasionally. They also seem to do a good job at running the business. I enjoyed the local small town feel of it. Much better than a "big city" franchised restaurant. (By the way, the pinto bean pie was the best!)

We'll be back!

Reviewed January 24, 2014

This place has been on my list of restaurants to visit for a long time. So while I was visiting Capitol Reef National Park, I knew I needed to take a little detour to Bicknell. I had already had dinner somewhere else that day, so I bought a piece of pinto bean, pickle, buttermilk, and oatmeal pie to eat for dessert and breakfast the next morning. I am so glad I did! My favorites were the pinto bean and oatmeal. The pies are very rich and there is no mistake they are homemade. Even the crust was good (and I am not a big fan of pie crusts). If you are anywhere near Bicknell, I highly recommend you stopping by to at least try a piece of pinto bean pie. A unique experience.

On a side note, when I was in Torrey/Bicknell in January 2014, this is what was open:
2 motels in Torrey
2 restaurants in Torrey
1 gas station/convenience store in Bicknell
1 state liquor store in Bicknell
1 motel in Bicknell
2 restaurants in Bicknell
Some visitors aren't aware of the off-season, and they get peeved when they realize that most southern Utah towns are pretty much deserted.

1  Thank JillieBean77