“Not a good experience!”

Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Beaver
Calgary, Canada
“Not a good experience!”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Lobby under renovation. Odd odour in the room. Used tooth pick in the garbage can. Poor fitting door to the room. Used shopping bag in drawer. Our overall experience was not good. After driving a long distance, motorists require a clean comfortable room in order to get a good rest before hitting the road again the next day.

Room Tip: Check room before checking in.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Wesv_13
pamhunt, Manager at Best Western Paradise Inn, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
True, the out side of our lobby is under construction, we hope that you will come see us when you can see the finished product! we are so exited for our new look ! and thank you for other comments, they will all help us to improve our motel to better serve all of our guests!

thanks again Pam Hunt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Monterey, California
Reviewed March 26, 2013

This motel has some of the good, some of the bad, and too much of the no breakfast for my liking.

On the positive side the room was exceptional and very clean, and the afternoon front desk person, Pam, was friendly and helpful. OK, end of the good, sorry Best Western.

There was construction going on when I stayed there, with the columns by the front office being resurfaced with stone, which will eventually look quite nice, but in the meantime creates noise and distraction during the day. At night there is the constant bellowing of beer slugging construction workers who pack the rooms and upstairs hallways "hollerin" loud enough to make Animal House look tame. Grow up boys, there's such a thing as consideration.

By far the most annoying aspect was missing the "free" breakfast every morning because I had to start work early. Breakfast in a Best Western, while not a gourmet's delight is at least there in the morning, even if it's a brownish banana languishing in a bowl, which is part of the reason for staying there. This motel doesn't have the traditional breakfast room but gives vouchers for the restaurant next door that's supposed to open at 6:30 am, yeah right.

I stayed there for four days and usually left about the time the restaurant was supposed to open, but it was always dark when I drove away. One morning on the third day I was actually going to be able to stick around until 6:45 so was looking forward to grabbing something, even a piece of fruit for the road. The waitress opened the door at 6:35 with the restaurant still dark. She was very dramatic about opening the door and gave me a big sigh because I was standing there looking at my watch and getting nervous. I swear that when she turned around with her back to me she muttered [--], you fill in the blanks.She continued to ignore me as I stood in the the dark for a few minutes until I reluctantly asked her if I could get something to go. She sighed again and asked if I was from the motel and when I said yes she demanded to know if I wanted a #1. I didn't know what a #1 was but was beginning to feel like #2. Needless to say all I accomplished was wasting 15 minutes of my life while hoping to appease the rumbling in my stomach with no success.

Do yourself a favor Best Western and invest in a breakfast room for your customers rather than some fancy stonework.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
pamhunt, Manager at Best Western Paradise Inn, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
thank you for your comments... good and bad! but really we are greatful for each comment and we hope to better our motel and our services to our guests through them and with your help we can do this, so thank you for your input! and hopefully you will come see us when our construction is all finished and you can see the finished product!

Colorado Springs
Reviewed March 24, 2013

The Paradise Inn is going thru a refurbishment and they're doing a good job. Nice rooms and bedding are the surprise behind a dated building and doors. It's conveniently located for a visit to the parks or if you're traveling as we were from Denver to LA. Excellent service from hotel staff. Only odd thing was a ton of men hanging about--construction workers? Truckers?--made it a bit awkward to walk in swimsuits from room to pool.

• Stayed March 2013
WE HAVE THE BEST GUESTS EVER! thanks for taking the time to write on tripadvisor,it means a great deal to us! please come stay again!

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Nice location and friendly people. Pool and jacuzzi were clean and indoors. The comp. Breakfast was better than most other hotels and quick sit down service with a real waitress. The hotel was quiet with no road noise.I have stayed here a half a dozen times and have always been happy.

• Stayed March 2013
pamhunt, Manager at Best Western Paradise Inn, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you for staying with us here in Beaver , we hope to see you again soon, and we appreciate you taking the time to leave us a message on Tripadvisor!
Calgary
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Very friendly staff, well priced and conveniently located just off the i-15. The hotel has large, comfortable rooms which include a fridge and microwave and a small dining table which is convenient when travelling with children. Room also included a sit down warm breakfast at the neighboring restaurant. Overall I found it a great place to stay when travelling through the area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
pamhunt, Manager at Best Western Paradise Inn, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
We are so lucky to have guests like you stay with us! thank you for your comments , we are so proud of our motel and our staff that has your room ready for you each night!
we hope that you will stop and see us again, the next time you are in our area
thanks again
Pam
Sandpoint, Idaho
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I had my doubts when I pulled up and found the lobby under construction for a remodel. Then found my room was nicely remodeled, clean and comfortable. Let's face it, these places have a life span. And I'm sure this place has seen its first, second, maybe even a third go around. But, if they don't let it get too grungy and get things updated before the roof caves in, old can be new again. They've done a nice job here.
They are sub contracting their continental breakfast out to a restaurant across the parking lot using a voucher card for each hotel guest. I think that's a good solution and the free breakfast choices were adequate. I liked it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE! we will be done with our remodeling soon, and we are so exited and really looking forward to the fun changes that are happening! and we are so lucky to have the "CRAZY COW CAFE " right next door for our free hot breakfast and for our guests for lunch or dinner, you do not need to get in your car and drive anywhere again for food,
perfect setup!
thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment, and we hope to see you again
ELKO
Reviewed February 23, 2013

This hotel is very clean and comfortable and right off the main through way. Great high def TV and service! Love these older properties where I can pull right up to my door and unload/load my things. I love Best Western because they are pet friendly and it is always a good place to stay. Really enjoyed having the restaurant to eat at, very convenient and liked being able to order breakfast my way.

Room Tip: It is two stories so you might want to request 1st floor if needed.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank MountainLvr55
pamhunt, Manager at Best Western Paradise Inn, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
A BIG THANK YOU!!! to you for staying with us and for your comments, they are just perfect and say it all!
we hope to see you again sometime.
thanks Pam Hunt
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beaver
Comfort Inn & Suites
#1 of 1 in Milford
Days Inn Beaver
Days Inn Beaver
#5 of 10 in Beaver

Been to Best Western Paradise Inn? Share your experiences!