“Good stopover for the night”

Best Western Paradise Inn
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Beaver
Reviewed May 12, 2012

The room was good sized and plainly furnish. The bed was extremely comfortable with good lighting for reading. The air conditioner controls were mounted on the wall unit. The towels were a bit thin but the sink area was separate from the toilet/tub/shower area which is very nice. There were outlets on the desk for charging always a plus. The internet connection worked well although I had to relogin a bit too often. Parking was outside the room. There is a large area for trucks and big RVs. The breakfast was a choice of kitchen prepared combos which I thought were rather spartan. I had fried eggs and bacon which came with a single slice of toast. Not even a fruit garnish. My wife had a one pancake, one egg, one sausage combo.

I did have a problem with my GPS using the Utah grid system, there apparently was not a conventional street address. However taking the designated off ramp the motel sign was clearly visible!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,168)

Reviewed May 10, 2012

Convenient location, great staff -- friendly and helpful, very quiet, nice breakfast, huge comfortable room.

Room Tip: We had the room over the lobby. There seemed to be some music noise or something during the afterno...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 9, 2012

My family & I have stopped & stayed in this hotel twice now while on a road trip, this is a quiet & clean cheap place to stay! People are polite at the desk , and we had a good nights sleep both times. It is nothing fancy, far from it, but it works! :-)

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
pamhunt, Manager at Best Western Paradise Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2012

Thank you for staying with us and commenting on our front desk, they do a great job! we hope to see you again!

Reviewed April 5, 2012

We stayed one night on our way back from California. The price we booked online was reasonable and the room was pretty spacious. I had read the reviews that the hotel was recently updated or being updated. That there was a chance of being in a room that wasn't updated yet. Ours, I think, was 3/4 updated. New paint, carpet, bedding but we had an old tv and I think we still had the old mattresses. When we went to turn on the tv it popped and started whistling with a black screen. It never did work and had to be unplugged to get that high pitched squeal to stop. No big deal because we got in so late so hadn't planned on watching much tv anyway. The mattresses were hard. I don't know if they were new or old, but pretty uncomfortable. Usually my husband doesn't mention anything about the mattresses, but even he said something. It's possible we didn't have the fully updated rooms, so I wouldn't let my review of the mattresses stop you from staying here. It's right off the interstate so easy to get to. They offered a great breakfast! We went to the little restaurant next door that is in the process of being renovated but the front half is finished and usable. We were given a made to order breakfast of eggs, bacon, pancakes, toast, juice and coffee. Very tasty! I did notice there is a McDonalds right next door in case you didn't want to take advantage of the hotel breakfast.The room seemed relatively quiet except kids that ran on the concrete walkway and steps up and down could be heard in our room. Fortunately there wasn't much of that going on.

It was an ok stay. We would consider staying here again if we are in the area.

Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank irisrose
Reviewed March 30, 2012

Having read the reviews, I was really hopeful that this would be a nice stop along the way from Arizona to Canada. Unfortunately our experience was not that good. When we arrived the front desk clerk was friendly and helpful. Our room was clean and spacious. The TV was fairly old and had quite alot of static on the channels. We could hear people coming and going through the night and early morning from our room. Our door lock would stick and we had a hard time opening our door. We tried to use the hot tub and pool in the evening, however the hot tub seemed broken. The water was lukewarm at best and not worth sitting in. The jets seemed to broken as well and they would spout water into the air instead of the pool. The pool, of course, was freezing as it wasn't heated. There were no towels, as indicated, and the change rooms/washrooms were dirty and not well kept. It wasn't a big deal to run across the parking lot to our room from the pool, but it was pretty annoying standing out there, soaking wet and freezing cold trying to get into our room because the door lock would stick. Although the night was a bit noisy, we did sleep. The bed was fairly comfortable. We were really looking forward to the breakfast after all the reviews. Unfortunately this was probably the worst part of our expereince. We were at the breakfast room well before the the breakfast ended (over 45 minutes). When we walked in the tables that weren't full of people, which was about a 1/4 of them, were full of dirty dishes and money for tip. There were literally 10 tables that had dirty dishes on them. There were no open tables that were clean. We sat at an empty table, adorned with our very own set of dirty dishes and money, and waited. The 'waitress' saw us walk in through the window in the kitchen door and even made eye contact with me. She watched us sit down and then we heard her start complaining to the cook about more people coming in. She then came out and talked to another table, completely ignoring us. We waited 10 minutes for her to come over. When she finally did come over (after aruging with a young family at a close table about whether they could even be served because of what time is was and that they closed at 9:30. When it was finally established that they could have breakfast, but only if they all ordered one specific thing on the menu). She then came over to us, told us our breakfast would take about 15 minutes, that they were 'slammed' that morning, almost out of dishes (perhaps if they washed all the dirty ones they wouldn't be??), and that the large table at the back of the room was taking up all the food and dishes and putting the kitchen totally behind. She then told us she would be back to get our drink order. She didn't clear the money or the dirty dishes off our table. She went back to the kitchen to complain to the cook (and yes, we could hear her). We waited another 10 minutes and she never returned. Despite coming out of the kitchen to deliver food to the large table at the back, and to lock the door to the breakfast room 15 minutes before the breakfast was supposed to end. When she went back into the kitchen for a third time, still making no attempt to take our order or clear our table (we called her over but she ignored us), we left. We went to McDonald's across the street. When I went to check out, the front desk clerk (who was different than the night before), took a personal call and proceeded to have an arguement with whomever was on the other end of the line, sounded like her child, while I waited to get my reciept. We will not stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Leelasmom
Reviewed March 13, 2012

We stayed here in January. Room was large and clean, front desk staff very accomodating and hotel pet friendly. Bed was comfortable and although their restrauant was under renos, they still provided hot breakfast with eggs made to order.

Good value, will stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nov1
pamhunt, Manager at Best Western Paradise Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2012

Thank you for staying with us and hopefully you will be able to return when remodeling of our restaurant is finished and we are almost there! we are so exited for our new restaurant to open, where we will still serve our free hot breakfast to our guests and the restaurant will be open for breakfast, lunch and dinner! hope to see you again!
Pam

Reviewed March 4, 2012

I was traveling with the family and pets. They took pets and I normally do not expect the best room. However the room I did get was very nice. The night manager was very helpful and friendly. I would recommend this to anybody who is traveling through. Room is very quiet and got a good nights sleep.

• Stayed: February 2012