“Good Mexican right off freeway”

Kan Kun Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 26 Restaurants in Beaver
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
San Diego, California
“Good Mexican right off freeway”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I am from Texas and this is good Mexican food. No, not as good as your average place in Austin or San Antonio, but much better than I would expect in the middle of Utah. The cheese enchilada plate was really good, and let's face it, if a Mexican place cannot do that right, you are in trouble. Chips and salsa are good, not outstanding. Good value, quick service. If you have had a long day of skiing and want a good hot Mexican meal, this is a good spot.

• Visited December 2012

Grand Junction, Colorado, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“OMG!”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

My second time in this Mexican eatery and worse than the first. Waitress knew nothing about the food and said she would check on the availability of a beverage but did not return. Ordered the taco salad and it was not good, mostly lettuce with little taste. My dinner companion did not get what she ordered and was comped 10% which is an insult. When the manager was verbally presented with the list of mistake after mistake, her response was to argue most points. I have had better food in a high school cafeteria.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Jim B
Denver
“Recommended by our motel”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

We had traveled all day and had a hankering for Mexican food. Our motel recommended Kan Kun - sounded like a Korean restaurant until my slow brain connected it to Cancun.

Anyway, the food was quite authentic and the salsa was so good that we bought a quart to take with us.

• Visited October 2012
Putnam, Connecticut
“Nothing bad, nothing great -- basic restaurant that seems geared to travelers on the interstate”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

There are very few restaurant choices in Beaver, and when we spent the night in a motel there we opted for the Mexican joint. It was okay, but nothing special. It is perched right next to the interstate exit and has that "pull off the road for a quick bite" feel, right down to the cheesy humor books on the tables. The food was okay. Nothing bad about the place, but you aren't gonna write home about it.

• Visited August 2012
Ogden, Utah
“Fun Place with Great Staff”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

I like that they made me a custom burrito and it tasted great! I have food allergies and they worked with me without question. I appreciate a place that want's to work with you and not just put their food in front of you.

Visited July 2012