“A cut above”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Beaver
Reviewed April 27, 2013

I travel between Denver and San Diego about 8 times a year by car. The towns from Richfield to St. George are about 1/2 way between. I have stayed at various chain hotels and independents, but I found this comfort Inn to be "a cut above". You can always tell if there is good management just by little things such as ice water in the lobby and 24 hour coffee. Rooms are immaculate and comfortable. The pool was just the right temp and very refreshing after a long drive. The breakfast was hot and offered just about anything you wanted. I noticed a gentlemen overseeing the breakfast area whom I presumed to be the hotel manager at 6:30 AM! The rest iof the staff reflected his caring attitude. This will be my permenant stopping place for the rest of my trips. The only drawback which does not concern the hotel is the lack of any decent dining establisments in Beaver. Perhaps the local hotel management could consider this as a business opportunity.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn & Suites

Reviewed April 23, 2013

On the way back from California, fatigue caused us to look for an over-night stay in Beaver UT. Without prior booking we tried the Comfort Inn & Suites.

First impressions were excellent: friendly & knowledgeable staff, clean & odour-free room, convenient next door gas station and a good restaurant just across the interstate. We will be back! Greg & Patty operate a very hospitable business

Room Tip: We jsut got a good one
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Robert M
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Great location off of I-15, very clean property nice pool and hot tub. We opted for the 2 queen suite with the pull out couch which my son was happy he didn't have to sleep in the same bed as his sister. Breakfast was above typical fare, yoghurt, cereals, sausage gravy & biscuits, 2 types of waffles you make yourself, scrambled eggs. We'd go back. All staff we encountered were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank doubledinco
Reviewed April 15, 2013

On our trip, we decided to stop in Beaver,Utah and stayed at the Comfort Inn. We checked out the next morning after a great, free breakfast and continued on to Mesquite, Nevada. When I got out of the car in Mesquite, I looked down at my hands and was horrified to see that I had left my rings in Beaver at the motel. Their total worth was about $7000.00 and I cannot put a price on the sentimental worth. I was certain I would never see them again, but I placed a frantic call to the Comfort Inn in Beaver. I was suprised and relieved to find that the maid had turned them in to the desk and they had locked them away in a safe place. On our return trip we stoped at the motel and a helpful staff including Greg and the maid returned my rings. I have nothing but praise for this honest and helpful staff.

Room Tip: This motel is close to I-15, clean, comfortable, free breakfast, helpful caring staff.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lois S
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We stayed here on our way to Disneyland. The room was large and very clean. The free breakfast was very average but nice to have. Price was good and very close to I-15. Only down fall is that there is no elevator to second floor, so if you have a mobility issue, you may want to stay on main level.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Of the many motels in the Choice chain at which we have stayed over the years, this is the best. From the warm welcome at the front desk by the helpful and delightful Joyce to the room itself, there are many small details which they have addressed to put the "caring" in care and the "service" in customer service. We were led to the room by Joyce to see if it would address our preferences (it did). The room was exceptionally clean yet free of the annoying perfumed air fresheners that cover up (rather than get rid of) poor housekeeping. The room itself was typical of a Comfort Inn in layout -- two queen beds, flat screen TV with DirecTV, two sinks (one in the bedroom area), a medium-sized refrigerator and a microwave. Typical of the exceptional attention to detail was the TV remove control, without the typical recessed areas around the buttons that make cleaning it difficult. Bedding was excellent, the mattress neither too hard nor too soft. The room was very quiet. The parking was large and adjacent, and well-lit. The warm breakfast had more than adequate choices, in a room that was impressive in its cleanliness and adequate size. Every staff member we encountered, including the manager at check-out, was pleasant. There is a reason this Comfort Inn has received the Gold Award. We would go out of our way to drive an extra distance to stay here again!

Room Tip: While this is very close to I-15, there is no significant highway noise. All rooms should therefore...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 8, 2013

After a long day of flying and then driving, we spontaneously stopped at the Comfort Inn in Beaver, UT. Joyce was desk clerk that evening, and she greeted us with a big, warm smile and a genuine welcome. Even though she was busy with people standing in line, she took her time to answer our questions and grant our requests. I couldn't find my Choice Priviledges number so Joyce offered to find it for me before her shift ended. I really didn't expect she would even remember about it because she had been so busy after she checked us in. The next morning before we checked out I had asked the new clerk if he could possibly find the number for me. Joyce had kept her word and had the information waiting for me! Joyce is a wonderful employee and should be commended on her incredible work ethic, dedication, and kindness. In addition to that, the hotel was clean and quiet. They also had cookies, refreshing cold lemon water, hot coffee and tea in the lobby.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends