“Clean, nice, good pool & breakfast”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Beaver
Colorado
“Clean, nice, good pool & breakfast”
Reviewed March 29, 2008

We stayed at the Comfort Inn in Beaver UT on our way elsewhere. We arrived around 5:00 and enjoyed the pool and hot tub. Our two kids loved it. The pool was clean and they provided pool towels. Room was nicely furnished, clean and updated, better than I had expected. Hotel filled up later in the night, but was still quiet. Continental breakfast was very good, make your own fresh waffles - yummy. I'd stay there again.
Only dinner options close by are Burger King and a Mexcian restaurant - but we didn't try it, so don't know how good.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank 92873

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Henderson, NV
Reviewed December 28, 2007

My family often takes long road trips; at these times, our hotel needs are whittled down to just clean and safe, and comfortable This Comfort Inn & Suites in Beaver, Utah provided everything that me and my family needed. Our room had two queen beds with very fresh, clean bedding and plenty of pillows. The room had a TV, coffeemaker, and all of the basic comforts. I found our bathroom to be every clean, although the towels were a little rough.

The room was also extremely warm, with very reliable heating. This was nice, since it snowed all through the night during our stay! The hotel had an indoor pool, but we didnt' stay long enough to use it. They also provided free continental breakfast for those staying at a hotel. Similar to other Utah hotels we've stayed at, breakfast is located in a large eat-in kitchen styled room.

Is it the Hyatt? No. But we're talking about a hotel right off of the Interstate in the small town of Beaver; not necessarily a major travel destination for most unless you happen to be obsessed with Butch Cassidy. So for the cost, I would say this hotel more than adequately met our needs.

• Liked — Clean and conveniently located to the Interstate
  • Disliked — The breakfast room; too casual for my tastes, I'm concerned with the cleanliness of other travelers handling food that I might eat
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank VegasPixie
denver, colorado
Reviewed October 21, 2007

We stayed at the comfort inn twice within a one week period. On my first stay, I gave the woman at the front desk my Choice Privileges number and she assured me that I would receive points for that nights stay. When I checked out, I asked again and she stated that it was already taken care of. A week went by and the points were not added to my account. The points that we would have accumulated on that nights stay would have given us enough to earn a free room that we were planning on using on our return trip.

On the return trip, my family arrived in the late evening after a long drive with another full days drive ahead of us. When I approached the front desk, I found the same woman at the counter. I informed her that the points were not added to our account from our previous visit, and she said that it might take some time for the points to show up. We checked in and fell asleep just after midnight.

At 4:30 am, the smoke detector began to beep every thirty seconds. I went downstairs to speak to the person at the desk. She stated that I needed to reach up to the alarm and pull out the battery. I wasn’t very comfortable with that, but I decided to do it anyway.

When I made the attempt to pull out the alarm, I found that it was wired into the building. I had to walk back downstairs and I told the person at the desk that I was afraid to disconnect it from the building fearing that it would set off everyone’s alarm. She stated that she did not know what to do from there so, I told her, “Now that my son is awake, we might as well go.”

I went back to the room and the woman at the desk called and said to push the silence button on the alarm. That didn’t work. She then walked me through pulling out the battery of the smoke alarm, which entailed climbing onto a chair for a third time and disabling a device that monitors my safety. My son would not fall back asleep after all of the commotion, so we checked out and made the 800-mile drive to our destination on about four hours of sleep.

At first glance, the hotel in Beaver was impressive, but after our experience, I left extremely disappointed. In addition to that problem, I still do not have the points on my account from the first stay. I’ve stayed at many different Comfort Inn’s and have had absolutely no problem with them whatsoever. I make the drive through Beaver five to six times a year, but I will not be stopping at this hotel again.

The manager does not respond to phone calls. I am extremely dissatisfied with this hotel. We should have been moved to a different room. We should not have been lied to from the front desk employees. I shouldn’t have been asked to pull the battery out of a smoke detector. I shouldn’t have had to make an 800-mile drive on four hours of sleep.

• Liked — close highway access
  • Disliked — the staff would not allow me to change rooms
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
3 Thank bodiecalifornia
Upland, Ca
Reviewed July 26, 2007

While traveling from Denver to Arizona, we chose Beaver as our halfway point. The Comfort Inn was perfect and close to the freeway, but quiet. The staff was very pleasant. The breakfast did not offer much but there are restaurants nearby. This is a small town but we were just looking for a quick stop over. The room was clean and the AC worked well (it was very warm when we passed through). There is an indoor pool but we didn't use it. I would reccommend this hotel for a one night stop.

• Liked — Location
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank skippydg1
Oregon
Reviewed July 9, 2007

We stayed for one night in early July 2007 after spending the day in Zion National Park (Zion is about an hour to an hour and a half away, depending on what part of the park you visit). (Las Vegas is about 3 hours from Beaver).

The hotel, as previously noted, is pretty new and in great shape.

The room was clean and smelled good. The beds were firm and comfortable, everything worked. We paid $65 for the night, and found it to be an excellent value.

The pool seemed nice, but as it was over 100 the day we were there, the indoor pool did not entice me...pretty humid in there. It looked clean and during cooler weather would be nice, I'm sure, and kids would like it at any time. There is a hot tub also...even less enticing on that day.

Quick comments on previous reviews:

We encountered no cattle smells during our stay.

The complimentary breakfast (served from 6:30 until 9:00? 9:30?) is nice: waffles, cereal, pastries, coffee, juice, fresh fruit, toast, cold hard boiled eggs....

If you are looking for a reasonably priced / inexpensive hotel near the fantastic canyonlands / national parks of southern Utah, you'd be hard pressed to do better than here.

RECOMMENDATION: Even if you are just driving by Zion on I-15, the 5 mile trip up the Kolub Canyon road is something one should not miss. The entrance is at Exit 40, twenty miles south of Cedar City. The included pictures do not do it justice.

• Liked — Value: Good price for a nice stay.
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
3 Thank cdth
Los Angeles
Reviewed May 8, 2007

We were driving from Los Angeles to Chicago and had to stop at a hotel near Beaver or Richfield and chose this one after going inside and actually viewing about six hotels. The Best Westerns were disgusting as were the Super 8 and Days Inn, which is expected I guess.

Very very nice front desk lady who was extremely helpful and signed my dad up on their Choice plan so we can continue to stay at Comfort Inns on our trip and rack up points. Room was very clean and I'm on their wireless internet on my laptop right now. Overall an excellent stay for only 80 bucks!!! How cheap!!

Stayed May 2007
1 Thank Lyds19089
Midwest
Reviewed September 15, 2006

First off, the motel itself was fine. Well lit, clean, quiet, no plumbing problems and just off the interstate exit. Made the choice to stay here based on reviews here but was surprised that nobody mentioned the smell. Seems that there is some kind of cattle farm / feed-lot located about a half mile East of the hotel, and when the wind blows from the East, when the cattle congregate for their feedings in the early AM or later in the evening, it is quite noticeable if you are outside or have your room window open. If you keep the window closed it is not that bad if you catch it in time however, the (nice) indoor pool is located on the East side of the hotel and because of the humidity the pool creates, they usually have the windows open for ventilation. We stayed there for 2 weekend nights as a base to go into Bryce and to get away from the higher weekend prices of LasVegas and Cedar City and St George and the price was reasonable ($55 range) using the link --- for a 20 percent discount link for Choice Hotels (works for all Choice properties and your reservation is made thru the actual Choice site but opens a unknown room discount option called Small/Significant Organization Savings Rate ) as most places I considered were in the $75 - $90 range for those weekend nights.

This motel is a somewhat newer 2 story building with all interior corridors and a nice indoor pool. We stayed on the 2nd floor to ensure there were no people above us and found that room to be quiet. There is NO elevator in the building so if that is an issue, then the 2nd floor is not for you. Interior was bright with lots of good lighting and although we were not in a suite (we had 2 queen beds) and we had 2 sinks (full counter one in the bathroom and one off the entrance to the room so if you have gals that like to do their thing in front of the mirror/sink, this is a great room for this. Bed was in good condition and comfy.

The actual city of Beaver is located about 3 miles from this hotel and although their billboards state “Mountains of FUN” we did NOT notice a lot there to offer a tourist, however we did have dinner at a tiny diner (Arshels Café) in the North end of the town of Beaver (and NOT the (Timberline) restaurant by the interstate exit next to the Quality Inn (the Quality Inn looking a lot older than the Choice hotel we stayed at) on the same highway exit across the road) as we have found in our travels that the places just off the interstate exit are usually not as good as the little local places in town. We were not disappointed with our choice for dinner at this little diner as for $8, we had a boneless pot roast dinner with a piece of (melt in your mouth) meat that was fork tender and the size of a thick good size steak that would cost $25 in a fine restaurant. It was so large a portion (and I am a large eater) that we had no room for dessert but we were tempted to try based on the looks of some of the desserts coming out of the kitchen. Because this hotel was pretty decent, we would stay at this hotel again if in the area and would definitely eat at this tiny little Arshels Cafe in the Northern end of town again.

One last item, the town of Beaver is a well known SPEEDTRAP on the interstate according to speedtrap.org site and we did see the MANY cops patrol the interstate within a 15 mile window on the South end of the Beaver exit so mind your speed. We did not observe any police (or many people for that matter) in the actual town of Beaver. Hope this review helps.

• Liked — Clean and Quiet
  • Disliked — Outside Odor
  • Tips/Secrets — Keep the window closed
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Dovetonsils
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beaver
Quality Inn
Best Western Paradise Inn
Days Inn Beaver
Days Inn Beaver
#5 of 10 in Beaver

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!