All reviewsfront deskwaffleslemon waterbeaver utahnext morningindoor poolpull out coucha great place to stayhot breakfastwould stay here againgood nights sleeplarge roomsmall towngas stationhard boiled eggsstayed one nightfree breakfast
Reviewed December 28, 2007

My family often takes long road trips; at these times, our hotel needs are whittled down to just clean and safe, and comfortable This Comfort Inn & Suites in Beaver, Utah provided everything that me and my family needed. Our room had two queen beds with very fresh, clean bedding and plenty of pillows. The room had a TV, coffeemaker, and all of the basic comforts. I found our bathroom to be every clean, although the towels were a little rough.

The room was also extremely warm, with very reliable heating. This was nice, since it snowed all through the night during our stay! The hotel had an indoor pool, but we didnt' stay long enough to use it. They also provided free continental breakfast for those staying at a hotel. Similar to other Utah hotels we've stayed at, breakfast is located in a large eat-in kitchen styled room.

Is it the Hyatt? No. But we're talking about a hotel right off of the Interstate in the small town of Beaver; not necessarily a major travel destination for most unless you happen to be obsessed with Butch Cassidy. So for the cost, I would say this hotel more than adequately met our needs.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank VegasPixie
Reviewed October 21, 2007

We stayed at the comfort inn twice within a one week period. On my first stay, I gave the woman at the front desk my Choice Privileges number and she assured me that I would receive points for that nights stay. When I checked out, I asked again and she stated that it was already taken care of. A week went by and the points were not added to my account. The points that we would have accumulated on that nights stay would have given us enough to earn a free room that we were planning on using on our return trip.

On the return trip, my family arrived in the late evening after a long drive with another full days drive ahead of us. When I approached the front desk, I found the same woman at the counter. I informed her that the points were not added to our account from our previous visit, and she said that it might take some time for the points to show up. We checked in and fell asleep just after midnight.

At 4:30 am, the smoke detector began to beep every thirty seconds. I went downstairs to speak to the person at the desk. She stated that I needed to reach up to the alarm and pull out the battery. I wasn’t very comfortable with that, but I decided to do it anyway.

When I made the attempt to pull out the alarm, I found that it was wired into the building. I had to walk back downstairs and I told the person at the desk that I was afraid to disconnect it from the building fearing that it would set off everyone’s alarm. She stated that she did not know what to do from there so, I told her, “Now that my son is awake, we might as well go.”

I went back to the room and the woman at the desk called and said to push the silence button on the alarm. That didn’t work. She then walked me through pulling out the battery of the smoke alarm, which entailed climbing onto a chair for a third time and disabling a device that monitors my safety. My son would not fall back asleep after all of the commotion, so we checked out and made the 800-mile drive to our destination on about four hours of sleep.

At first glance, the hotel in Beaver was impressive, but after our experience, I left extremely disappointed. In addition to that problem, I still do not have the points on my account from the first stay. I’ve stayed at many different Comfort Inn’s and have had absolutely no problem with them whatsoever. I make the drive through Beaver five to six times a year, but I will not be stopping at this hotel again.

The manager does not respond to phone calls. I am extremely dissatisfied with this hotel. We should have been moved to a different room. We should not have been lied to from the front desk employees. I shouldn’t have been asked to pull the battery out of a smoke detector. I shouldn’t have had to make an 800-mile drive on four hours of sleep.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank bodiecalifornia
Reviewed July 26, 2007

While traveling from Denver to Arizona, we chose Beaver as our halfway point. The Comfort Inn was perfect and close to the freeway, but quiet. The staff was very pleasant. The breakfast did not offer much but there are restaurants nearby. This is a small town but we were just looking for a quick stop over. The room was clean and the AC worked well (it was very warm when we passed through). There is an indoor pool but we didn't use it. I would reccommend this hotel for a one night stop.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank skippydg1
Reviewed July 9, 2007

We stayed for one night in early July 2007 after spending the day in Zion National Park (Zion is about an hour to an hour and a half away, depending on what part of the park you visit). (Las Vegas is about 3 hours from Beaver).

The hotel, as previously noted, is pretty new and in great shape.

The room was clean and smelled good. The beds were firm and comfortable, everything worked. We paid $65 for the night, and found it to be an excellent value.

The pool seemed nice, but as it was over 100 the day we were there, the indoor pool did not entice me...pretty humid in there. It looked clean and during cooler weather would be nice, I'm sure, and kids would like it at any time. There is a hot tub also...even less enticing on that day.

Quick comments on previous reviews:

We encountered no cattle smells during our stay.

The complimentary breakfast (served from 6:30 until 9:00? 9:30?) is nice: waffles, cereal, pastries, coffee, juice, fresh fruit, toast, cold hard boiled eggs....

If you are looking for a reasonably priced / inexpensive hotel near the fantastic canyonlands / national parks of southern Utah, you'd be hard pressed to do better than here.

RECOMMENDATION: Even if you are just driving by Zion on I-15, the 5 mile trip up the Kolub Canyon road is something one should not miss. The entrance is at Exit 40, twenty miles south of Cedar City. The included pictures do not do it justice.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank cdth
Reviewed May 8, 2007

We were driving from Los Angeles to Chicago and had to stop at a hotel near Beaver or Richfield and chose this one after going inside and actually viewing about six hotels. The Best Westerns were disgusting as were the Super 8 and Days Inn, which is expected I guess.

Very very nice front desk lady who was extremely helpful and signed my dad up on their Choice plan so we can continue to stay at Comfort Inns on our trip and rack up points. Room was very clean and I'm on their wireless internet on my laptop right now. Overall an excellent stay for only 80 bucks!!! How cheap!!

Stayed: May 2007