“It was great and I'll stay again”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Beaver
Reviewed August 22, 2011

right on the interstate, easy on and off, the staff friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo

Reviewed July 19, 2011

This Comfort Inn is located right of the 15, which is extremely convenient as we were traveling from Southern California to Northern Utah and just needed a place to stop. The hotel is simple, but well maintained and honestly... much nicer than some higher end hotels I've been to (such as some Hiltons). Parking is plentiful and free, and there is a Shell gas station right next door for topping off the fuel tank. This hotel has two floors, but no elevator. If you are disabled or have lots of luggage... keep this in mind.

I'm not kidding here when I say that... literally... as I was checking in, the power went out. I felt really bad for the nice lady at the desk... because losing power in a full hotel on a July evening has got to be a total nightmare. Fortunately, I had made reservations online, and she had my information all printed out and our room assigned before we even got there. I was able to get checked in and get to my room before the onslaught of complaints from patrons about the power began.

I think that the power being out was stressful for the desk clerk, because about 40 minutes after getting to our room (power was still out), a man tried to enter our room, having been assigned to the room, too. Thanks goodness for that security lock! I believe it was an honest mistake, but still a little unsettling.

The power eventually came on. I tried to use the fitness center... but that was a disaster. The treadmill was broken and didn't work at all. The only other piece of equipment they have is a recumbent bike, which would have been nice, but the seat is somehow broken and kept sliding back and forth. Finally, the TV in there was all messed up. The remote didn't work. The volume buttons didn't work, either, and the channel buttons only changed the volume, not the channel. Completely weird. The indoor pool looks lovely, but I did not take advantage of it.

The beds were comfortable, rooms clean and the free wi-fi was fantastic. I would absolutely stop here again if I needed to.

Room Tip: There is no elevator... so if accessability or lots of luggage are an issue, be sure to get a room o...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank CrossMyDesk
Reviewed May 25, 2011

I stayed here one night while headed further south. The hotel is very convenient to the I-15 exit, my room was at the opposite end of the hotel from the interstate and I did not notice any highway noise. Spacious room, the wi-fi worked fine, I had a good night's rest. The included breakfast is maybe average, maybe a little bit better, but the breakfast area was quite spacious so there was no shortage of seating. The pool and hot tub looked nice but I didn't try them. I will definitely stay here again. Note that there is no elevator in the hotel, so if you have mobility problems or a lot of luggage make sure to get a ground floor room.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed May 18, 2011

This Comfort Inn was our last stop on our week long road trip across country before reaching our destination city. It is just off I-15, yet set back just enough to be away from the main truck traffic noise.

It is a 2 story hotel without an elevator. We were on the second floor, but managed fairly easily as the stairway is wide and the steps shallow. Our room was typical Comfort Inn decor and layout, enough room for bags and to move around, comfortable beds, clean, with Wi Fi in room for our laptop. The larger rooms have a fridge; our room did not have one, but we chilled our water and soda with plenty of ice from the vending machine room.

The pool and hot tub were great; the fitness room is small, but adequate for me for a morning treadmill and bike. We had dinner at Timberline, just a drive across the road, which was okay. Breakfast was good; we had the complimentary expanded continental breakfast at the hotel, which was plenty. We used the self car wash nearby in the morning on our way out; lovely to get all the road dirt and bugs off the car from our trip.

This is a nicely run Comfort Inn and a good choice for a night on the road.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 25, 2010

Everything about this hotel exceeded expectations for a hotel in a small town. It is an up-to-date, modern, trendy hotel. Easy parking. Great breakfast. The room was spacious, clean, and very comfortable. TV was great. Staff was friendly.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 22, 2010

We stayed here on our way to Las Vegas. Kids had fun playing in pool. Friendly staff.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 21, 2010

My reservation was for (2) two adults and (2) two children. I noticed my credit card was charged an extra $22.30 after my stay. The manager said it was for additional people (my wife and two children) in the room and would not refund the money. However, my original reservation stated that the room price was for (4) four people. I did not agree upon a single occupancy rate, I think that was obvious when I requested two queen beds!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family