“Good food in the middle of nowhere! ”

Timberline Inn Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 28 Restaurants in Beaver
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

Simple menu with traditional diner fare. Good portions and reasonable prices, nice clean well stocked salad bar. Food was cooked well ( had Captains platter ) fish wasn't over cooked and moist inside.
Bathrooms were really clean!

Reviewed May 5, 2014

We were very impressed with the variety of the menu. They offer more than your regular interstate restaurant. The waitress was very nice and helpful. The atmosphere was great. It was right next to our hotel and we did not have to wait for a table. The price was great for the quality o

Reviewed March 17, 2014

We have been stopping at this restaurant in Beaver for decades ever since my father introduced us to it in the 80's. We usually spend the night in Beaver since it is approximately half way between the beginning and ending of the trip. The food is always excellent but on our trip thru there in January of this year, we encountered a waitress that I hope to never meet again. The food, as always, was excellent. The service plainly speaking was rotten. The waitress who waited on us, took our order, and we saw her again when she dropped off the bill. I, personally needed a fresh napkin as I had killed a pesty fly (something I had not experienced in this restaurant before and was surprised at since it was January, probably the reason it was so slow), and didn't want to continue using my napkin. Coming from a long line of waitress beginning in the early 40's and continue to my daughter, who actually was a manager of a restaurant, I know the common practice is to visit your customer's table a minimum of four times, and at least six...once when your seated and given the menu, once when your order is taken, once when it is served, at least twice during the meal to replenish drinks, see how everything is with your meal, to inquire if the customer requires anything such as a take-home box, dessert, those sorts of things and then deliver of the ticket. I only tipped this particular waitress a dollar, which for me was difficult to even leave that, because she was by far the poorest excuse for a waitress I have ever experienced. I am usually a 20% tipper, or at least a dollar just for coffee. This will not stop me from returning the the Timberline, but if it happens again, it will be the last time. As I say the food is excellent. I did tell the hostess about the experience as we were leaving.

2  Thank Kathy B
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Located off I-15 in the middle of nowhere, this restaurant was a very pleasant surprise. It looks like a typical small-town mom & pop eatery, but the food was great--imaginative, attractively presented, and tasty. The owner/chef, it turns out, has some professional training and brings a genuine love of good food to his work. The placewas jam-packed when we were there, which is in itself a great recommendation.

Reviewed February 22, 2014

Just average fare, nothing to rave or complain about. Cannot even remember exactly what we had since it was not memorable.

1  Thank Noel P