“Good Main Course/Ugh Salad Bar”

Timberline Inn Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 30 Restaurants in Beaver
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We ordered the pot roast and chicken fried steak. Definitely comfort food. They offer a soup or salad and we both wanted the salad after sitting in the car for 9 hours. The lettuce was wilted but the toppings were fairly fresh. My friend doesn't care for a bunch of toppings. He's a lettuce and tomato only guy, so the salad was a huge disappointment! Lettuce is the main ingredient in salad, after all! But, the pot roast was huge, served on top of red-skinned mashed potatoes. The potatoes were real and the meat was dry. My travel buddy's chicken fried steak was tasty and rich. We had water and ice tea.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

I've eaten here three times prior as I'm driving north or south on I-15. I was not pleased tonight. The quality of the steak for $24+ was disappointing. I find NY steaks to be my favorite, but the one I had was poor. Their purveyor of meat is either poor or they are buying poor quality steaks. In addition, I think the meat was tossed on the grill without any seasoning. It was medium rare as I requested. Hurray!

Reviewed October 22, 2012

I've managed to pass through Beaver on the way to Vegas a number of times and eaten dinner here 4 times now. It's hard to please everyone in our group but all have commented on the quality of food at the Timberline Inn. It's located behind the gas station/dairy queen at the 2nd Beaver exit (if you are heading South). Consistently good entries include the blackened chicken dinner plate with mash potatoes, chicken fried steak and portobello mushroom sandwich. The salad bar is pretty small but has good items. The prices are not cheap but are fair for quality, road side food.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

We came here on the (21) twenty-one 4.5 star reviews from Yelp. Glad we did! What a fabulous menu. We had the mushroom and artichoke appetizer, the liver and onions, along with the turkey avocado sandwich. The liver and onions were especially wonderful with lots of perfectly grilled, sweet onions. I should have tried the salmon in lieu of the sandwich, which our waitress said is never frozen. Seems like a lot of locals were ordering the salmon, which looked mighty tasty. Great salad bar and a very nice selection of homemade desserts. Located next to the Quality Inn, just off the freeway.

2  Thank ColoradoSpringermom
Reviewed October 10, 2012

On our way across country from Indianapolis to San Diego my uncle, we call the godfather, suggested Timberline Inn for dinner, aswe were stopping in Beaver, Utah to visit Cache Valley Cheese the next day. We had been on a 5 day cheese tour across the country and Beaver was our last stop.

As other reviewers said from the outside, I was skeptical.....upon viewing the menu I was skeptical.....I am a foodie and a restaurateur myself so I know that when a server(ours happened to be Andrea, the chef's wife) claims everything is good, it's usually not so good....

I will say on the things we had, I could tell there wasn't a cook in the kitchen, but a chef, who takes great pride in every aspect of each creation. Details such as fresh garnish, like the sprig of cilantro in the pork chilli(which all soups are from scratch) to the finely chopped herbs on our Spaghetti (which the noodles were aldente!), Joe and his food does not miss a beat. Impressed, we returned 12 hours later for breakfast, The Timberline Inn Omelete. Lite and fluffy with fresh mushrooms, sausage and loads of cheese, we ordered a side of salsa to top it. Did I mention the homemade salsa, crisp onions diced finely as not to overpower the tomato, garlic and peppers was just slightly spicy. The Godfather's side of sausage patty, hand pattied. How do I know, flavor and it was pattied into a rectangle(I don't know where you can buy sausage PRE-pattied in a rectangle....

oh ya, we took a half gallon of that pork chilli back to San Diego (to the servers dismay, no for them:)

Looking around the dinning room, I noticed more than a few locals, with a subtle mix of the casual traveler......

Service , ours didn't miss a beat on both visits

thanks Joe and Andrea, we'll be back!

Pork chilli, outta this world
Spaghetti, spot on
Timberline Omlete, fresh and real ingredients, lite and fluffy
Homemade salsa, Mmmmmmmm