“Pretty Lousy”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Yorktown
McAllen, Texas
“Pretty Lousy”
Reviewed June 18, 2014

I despise hotels that price gouge us oilfield workers of our hard earned money! Yes, this one right along with others except this one has no amenities, no food, no happy hr, rude & lazy personnel and the rooms........... not clean, very basic, no coffee, terrible pillows and uncomforable beds. If these people are going to charge the prices then at least make our stay comfortable and hospitable.

Room Tip: Kennedy has some better places to stay if you don't mind the little extra drive
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Alex S
Yorktown Inn A, General Manager at Yorktown Inn and Suites, responded to this review, October 5, 2016
Please acknowledge that we have accommodate oil field workers well as leisure guests at the hotel , we have been offering at least 20 % lower rate than similar hotel in surrounding town. We have been giving special rates to re unions ,weddings, government employees etc, we have been offering hot break fast from 6 am to 9 am daily at times we run out so it takes 15 to 20 minutes to have it ready. We keep coffee, cakes, cookies, fruits for the guest 24 hrs. We offer serial and Milk to our guest at any time of the day as they wish. We still apologize for discomfort at the hotel. Please keep us in mind for future stay and we will do our best for you to have pleasant stay.

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Conroe
Reviewed May 25, 2014

Terrible housekeeping and customer service! Stay away from breakfast area! Food not sealed up at 10:00 pm. Could only get one room key even though there were 2 of us staying. Questioned when we asked for 2nd key... Why do you need it then just said they couldn't get machine to work to give us another key... Don't ask for anything because they are out of it or it doesn't work. Long black hair everywhere... In shower, in bed, in towels...so gross! I can't believe this hotel is new. Will be contacting health department if there is one!

• Stayed May 2014
Mayville, Wisconsin
Reviewed April 1, 2014

First time visit to Yorktown. Hotel is a year old. Room was clean, beds comfortable. Very minimal amenities. Would be nice to have a place to put luggage rather than on the floor. Staff should plan breakfast so that there is enough for late risers. No hot food available upon getting to the breakfast area at 0830. Staff sitting at a breakfast table talking when they could have been cleaning up the tables. Would like to see more seating outdoors. Only available seating was in the smoking area. They did have a folding chair available to take outdoors which was helpful. They were helpful in reassigning our room to be near another family member. For the cost of a nights stay, I think I would drive further to Victoria to get more bang for your buck.

Room Tip: We had a room on the second floor facing the parking lot. Lots of bright sunshine which we enjoyed.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank jacki b
Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed in some lousy hotels in my time, but the Yorktown Inn & Suites takes the prize as worst hotel stay I have ever had. I checked in and got up to my room where I discovered a bathroom that was never cleaned. The trash can contained a fast food sandwich & fries which had become home to ants. Out of curiosity i peeled back the bed sheets to inspect it for pubic hairs, etc. upon doing this I found 2 scorpions that I killed and flushed. I set about to take some pictures of this mess when I noticed another scorpion in the tub making the count a total of 3. I brought these findings to the owner, of the hotel, Sam Patel. Upon informing him that I am checking out and demanding a refund, the man was extremely rude, directly insulting, threatening, and reluctant to waive my charges. He basically accused ME of lying to him and trying to sabotage his business. With great contest, he relented and waived my credit card charges. My advise is to avoid this altogether. Stay away. If this place is your last option, sleep in your truck

• Stayed June 2013
5 Thank WESTSW
Please acknowledge hotel just opened in April 2013 so Newly built hotel would not have trash laying around , this review has been written by competitor to do down grade the hotel.We make sure hotel rooms are clean as they should be and we run hotel as Franchise even though it is independent.

Been to Yorktown Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!