“Internet and service was lacking”

Regency Inn and Suites
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Yoakum
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Worst experience that I have had in a long time and I am on the road every week. The rooms were okay, however the service was not. I have to work a lot on the internet and their hi-speed wireless claim was anything but that. The service was slow and for the most part I was unable to connect or would get knocked off while working. The front desk did not have a service number to call or any cords for their wall connection. The owners had a private wireless service they connected to, but were not willing to share that with their guests.
I asked for a late check out due to an attempt to get some work done on the computer before leaving and was told that if I stayed past 2 pm I would be charged an extra day. Therefore, I left before 2 pm and was still charged an additional fee that was more than 1/2 of their daily charges.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Hetal B, Owner at Regency Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

I am sorry that you had a unpleasant stay here back in April. Our high-speed wireless is actually broadband via Time Warner Cable. If the service was slow it is because it was through them for that particular day that you might have stayed here. A lot of times since we are a small town and we are 2 hours away from a major metro city where they have a service center, it does take a couple of days for them to come out. Yes we do have a private network that we use personally but its through the same service provider, so we would be experiencing the same levels of service that our guests would be getting. Our policy of a late check out is that you are charged additional fees according to when you actually check out, in order for us to get the room ready for the next guest that has a reservation for that day. Thanks and hopefully that clears up some of the problems you had during your stay.

There are newer reviews for Regency Inn and Suites
Reviewed July 19, 2012

I stayed here a week while working in Victoria in January. This was the nicest place i stayed out out of the whole 4 months I was in Victoria. If it wasn't for the distance to where i was working I would have stayed here the whole time but it took 45 minutes to get to Victoria from here.

The place is really nice for it being in a little town. The internet was fast (they actually had a CAT5 cable plugged in the wall didn;t have to bring my own), it was aquiet place, the rooms were very clean, beds were comfy, didn't see any insects, HD TV's and good reception, the decor is up to date, outside was clean and maintained. My reservations weren't bungled like a few other places in the area seemed to do quite often. I normally get booked into LQ's but this place was just as nice if not better than most newer LQ's i have stayed in.

The only bad part was parking is cramped but it's tolerable.

The town is nice as well but as with most small towns things close early but there is a HEB grocery store nearby that is open late (maybe 24hr...can't remember).

If its on your way to somewhere, book a night here if it fits into your travel schedule. But as with every place along or near the coast the oil companies have things booked up so it would be a good idea book in advance. Which of course makes all the rates higher in the area but this place is on par or lower with comparable motel rates you will find in the Victoria area. So that's why i said it was average on value, every hotel/motel in the area is pretty high right now.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank d f

Thanks for your honest review and hopefully we will be seeing you again in the near future. Parking is a bit cramped when we are full, unfortunately when the place was built the engineers didn't take into consideration the types of cars and big trucks that people drive here in Texas. LOL.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Yoakum
Black Gold Inn
#3 of 5 in Yoakum
Belle Oaks Inn
Belle Oaks Inn
#1 of 4 in Gonzales

Been to Regency Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!