“Pleasant addition to Wylie-It's about time!”

Napoli's Pizza & Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 62 Restaurants in Wylie
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Dallas, Texas
“Pleasant addition to Wylie-It's about time!”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

We were not fans of the former Napoli's, but since the original owners took this place back and TOTALLY RENOVATED the building, we were very anxious to give it a try. It was a Monday night and we weren't sure they would even be open, but open they were! We were greeted by manager, Gino, who was very courteous and friendly. Our sweet waitress swiftly appeared table side to take our drink orders and bring some rolls to the table. Gino gave me a grand tour of the new remodeled restaurant and I am telling you, it is beautiful! The fireplacgorgeous stone fireplace flanking the dining room adds a great ambiance. Big windows trimmed out in a warm oak frame added to the warmth. The lighting was a bit bright for my liking, I prefer a little bit dimmer light. But not a big deal, becasue the warmth of the room made up for it.

I am pleased to announce that they have a full bar! We ordered a couple of glasses of house wine...Pinot Noir for me and Chianti for hubby. Pleasant enough.

I ordered veal Picatta....and hubby ordered veal Parmesan. These are our "tester" dishes. Hubby was really pleased with his dish. The veal was pounded nice and thinly, and there was a nice carpet of meted mozzarella on top. The veal was tender, tasty and a good size for the price. Hubby's salad came out first and was pretty standard. Romaine, iceberg mix with shaved carrot, pepperoncini and a tomato wedge. House dressing was a standard tomato based dressing. Better than some we have had.

I asked that my veal Picatta not be served over a bed of pasta, as is standard. I wanted it to stand alone. And I requested a side of mixed sauteed veggies, with a small portion of pasta on the side...which I think was kind of a special order. My meal came exactly as I requested. The veggies were sauteed perfectly. Seasoning was on point and they were al dente. My pasta was fine-perfect size portion, topped with a spicy red sauce. My veal was in a light brown (brown is good for picatta in my book!) sauce with ample capers and a great lemon butter flavor. There was a bit too much sauce....which was recognized by manager, Gino, before I even mentioned it. No worries, Gino!! My veal could have been pounded a bit thinner and was slightly tough, but I'm very picky. Not everyone loves their veal to be pounded to 1/8th" thick, like me. While we were working on wine glass #2, Mr. Mike Napoli came over (2nd time-1st time was a brief check on us) and introduced himself and asked us how everything was. We had the pleasure of chatting for a while. We felt that the staff and owners were very vested in this endeavor and wanted to be sure that our experience was a great one. Well, guys....we left satisfied and pleased. We will be back. Can't wait to try the pizza! Oh, and BTW, they have a separate room in the back for special parties!!!

Sachse, Texas
“New owners, newly renovated, great food!”
Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

Didn't care for it under the previous owners. We went back last week (jan 2014) now that newly renovated and new owners. What a major improvement! The food was delicious! The restaurant has had a complete transformation. I was very impressed with the restaurant , the food and also the wait staff was very attentive and friendly! Highly recommend!!

Visited January 2014
Sachse
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing Place”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

I recently visited this restraunt with my husband and our two kids. They were busy but we were seated right away, the kitchen was a little backed up due to the amount of people, but the staff was amazing and the food was a A+. After the good food we came back later this weekend and had an amazing good meal with a swift waitress. I will continue to visit this restraunt and use their delivery services!!

1 Thank Velaine12
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Disappointed”
Reviewed January 11, 2014

My family visited Napolis on Friday, January 10, 2014. We arrived at 6:30 pm. By 7:35pm we had not been served. We knew something was wrong. Finally our server admitted that there were severe problems in the kitchen due to the amount of orders trying to be filled. We left the restaurant and went to Cicis Pizza. We were extremely disappointed when they charged us for the 3 sodas we had ordered. No apologies, no comps, nada! Not sure if we will go back to this location.

Wylie, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“NOW RENOVATED AND OPEN”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Napolis is now open for business . Totally Renovated , added BAR ,PARTY ROOM and FIRE PLACE ....... Come and try us

1 Thank Gino M

Been to Napoli's Pizza & Restaurant? Share your experiences!