“WOW, Yep That bad!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Wichita Falls, United States
“WOW, Yep That bad!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

They lost all reservations and basically dealt with it by leaving a young man at the desk who could not handle the situation. Manager refused to come back and help. They did not honor reservations and gave our room away without remorse.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

2 Thank Kristina H
Dellyn L, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Wylie Inn, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at our property.
Yes, our computers were down, however we did have everyone reservations. I had given the front desk agent a list of rooms arriving when his shift began at three. I do remember the phone call; he called saying he did not have any two queens left. I asked what he did have left and instructed him on what to do, to upgrade your room at no additional charge, that way you would have two beds in your room. I did not think I needed to come back to work. When he did not call back I assumed everything was fine. Again, I apologize and hope you will consider staying with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

The staff was friendly, the rooms were clean, I could smell the bleach in my sheets, so I felt good knowing I was sleeping In a clean bed. In the morning when housekeeping was cleaning rooms I could smell the clean chemicals down the hallway. It was refreshing knowing I was in a clean place. The breakfast wasn't half bad either. I would definitely stay here again!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at our property.
We do pride ourselves in having a clean hotel. It is wonderful to hear you enjoyed your room.
Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. We hope you will come back and see us again soon here in Wylie.
Lubbock, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel before and had great experiences. Not this one. Staff didn't seem to care about me during my stay. Room unclean and doors didn't shut properly - including main room door! Breakfast was just okay (prepackaged eggs/microwave sausage/cereal/yogurt/typical hotel waffles). Items left in room from previous occupant (napkins & red peppers...)

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank Michele C
Dellyn L, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Wylie Inn, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Thank you for your time to provide us with your valuable comments. Your feedback Is truly appreciated and I can assure you it does not go unnoticed. Guest satisfaction is taken very seriously. On behalf of the staff at the hotel, I would like to personally invite you back to experience the great stay you have had with us previously. I have sent you a separate email regarding this. Please call me directly to set up your future reservations.
San Diego, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

Friendly, helpful staff. Comfortable rooms. Close to shopping, gas, fast food places. Good variety of breakfast items to choose from. Bed was very comfortable. Nice you have the option of not having your sheets and towels changed out every day which satisfied the environmentalist in me. Will definitely stay here again next trip.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for choosing to stay with us while you were here in Wylie. It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I am also glad to hear you took advantage of our linen reuse program. Hotels can use large-volumes of water, detergent, cleansers and other chemicals that can be detrimental to our environment. It is a win, win situation. I look forward to you staying with us again.
Wylie, Tx, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2013

there is only one hotel in Wylie; Best Western Wylie. It is clean and comfortable. The double queen room we had was very simple but spot on. The beds were great; I've stayed in some very high end hotels with far worse beds. The rooms are clean. Breakfast was simple fare but it free and just fine for a start to the day.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dellyn L, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Wylie Inn, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
We so glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and appreciate the great review! It was our pleasure having you as our guest. We look forward in having you stay with us the next time your travel needs bring you back to Wylie.
Warminster, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013

This hotel was so dirty the guest chair was so dirty it was unreal. I asked to be put into a more clean and comfortable room and they switched me to another room that smelled so back i could only walk 5 feet into the room. So i asked for my other dirty room back. Walked in white socks in the room and when i took them off they were completely BLACK. I was truely discussed! Will never stay at BW again!!!!

Room Tip: they were all dirty!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dellyn L, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Wylie Inn, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
I appreciate you bringing your concerns to our attention so we can correct the issue. Since your stay, we have had a professional company come and clean the carpets on the third floor and the remaining floors will be next week. Each associate takes great pride in providing clean, quality accommodations that exceed our guest's expectations. In your case we fell short with the carpets and chair in your guest room. When returning to the Wylie area, please don't hesitate to reach out to me so I can help make your future trip better than you last.
Conroe, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

The staff and accommodations were very good. The air conditioning was reasonably quiet. The area is remote from major freeways, in what I'd call a non-tourist town. The hotel was good for my purposes ( a conference at another location in Wylie.) Other low-end businesses are close - WalMart and eating places. You definitely need a car for anything more than the cinema (about 300 yards away.) The value was good. The room was clean and had a sitting area with a writing table. I prefer a pillow-top bed, but the king that we had was ok.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dellyn L, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Wylie Inn, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am happy to hear you had a pleasant stay with us. You are correct in saying you need a car or a friend with one. We have a wonderful mall and movie theatre in the area. However, I would not recommend walking to them. Thank you for the recommendation on pillow-top mattresses. I will look into this when we make our mattress purchase next time. I do hope to see you in the town of Wylie again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wylie
Hyatt Place Dallas/Garland/Richardson
Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas / Plano-East
Holiday Inn Garland
Holiday Inn Garland
#6 of 15 in Garland
Magnuson Hotel Park Suites
Candlewood Suites Plano East
Homewood Suites by Hilton Plano-Richardson

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Wylie Inn? Share your experiences!