“Worst stay ever”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Warminster, Pennsylvania
“Worst stay ever”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

This hotel was so dirty the guest chair was so dirty it was unreal. I asked to be put into a more clean and comfortable room and they switched me to another room that smelled so back i could only walk 5 feet into the room. So i asked for my other dirty room back. Walked in white socks in the room and when i took them off they were completely BLACK. I was truely discussed! Will never stay at BW again!!!!

Room Tip: they were all dirty!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dellyn L, General Manager at Best Western Plus Wylie Inn, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
I appreciate you bringing your concerns to our attention so we can correct the issue. Since your stay, we have had a professional company come and clean the carpets on the third floor and the remaining floors will be next week. Each associate takes great pride in providing clean, quality accommodations that exceed our guest's expectations. In your case we fell short with the carpets and chair in your guest room. When returning to the Wylie area, please don't hesitate to reach out to me so I can help make your future trip better than you last.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Conroe, United States
Reviewed October 28, 2013

The staff and accommodations were very good. The air conditioning was reasonably quiet. The area is remote from major freeways, in what I'd call a non-tourist town. The hotel was good for my purposes ( a conference at another location in Wylie.) Other low-end businesses are close - WalMart and eating places. You definitely need a car for anything more than the cinema (about 300 yards away.) The value was good. The room was clean and had a sitting area with a writing table. I prefer a pillow-top bed, but the king that we had was ok.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dellyn L, General Manager at Best Western Plus Wylie Inn, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am happy to hear you had a pleasant stay with us. You are correct in saying you need a car or a friend with one. We have a wonderful mall and movie theatre in the area. However, I would not recommend walking to them. Thank you for the recommendation on pillow-top mattresses. I will look into this when we make our mattress purchase next time. I do hope to see you in the town of Wylie again soon.
Las Vegas, NM, United States
Reviewed October 11, 2013

This motel is comfortable and the staff are very helpful. I thought lighting for reading could have been better, air was stale, and one night out of four I heard too much noise. Some of this I could have remedied, I believe, by complaining.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dellyn L, General Manager at Best Western Plus Wylie Inn, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I am sorry to hear there was too much noise one night. We are not normally a noisy hotel but every now and then we may have to ask someone to quite down. Just let us know. We also have different wattage bulbs if you need. We can change the bulbs in the lamps for your next stay. Hope to see you in Wylie again soon!
Lavon, Texas
Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

My family and I stayed in this hotel for 6 weeks last year when we moved to the area until we were able to move into our home. It is not a fond memory but not because of the hotel itself, more because of the 4 (including a 3 year old and an 18 month old) of us cooped up in a hotel room. I will say that the customer service was superb during our stay. The manager of the hotel worked out a very fair deal with us so that we didn't have to pay an arm and a leg. We were given a nice king room with a separate living area and kitchenette. We were disappointed that the kitchenette did not have an oven but it had a sink, a full size refrigerator and microwave with cabinets and granite counters. Most of all, we would have liked for the living area to have had a television as well as the bedroom. It was nice to come downstairs every morning to a ready breakfast! We could not have asked for more from the housekeeping. All in all, it was a good stay but we were SO happy to finally move into our home! I would absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone needing accomodations in Wylie.

• Stayed October 2012
Dellyn L, General Manager at Best Western Plus Wylie Inn, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
It was wonderful to have you all as guest. Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel.
I understand what you mean about the convenience of having a television in the living area. We will be ordering new TVs this next year. I will order one extra for that room.
Welcome to the area! If you ever need anything please let us know. We are here to help the community and local families as well as those out of town.
Call anytime 972-429-1771

Dellyn
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The customer service here is superb!!! Roland went out of his way to make sure we were comfortable and had everything we needed from the time of arrival to the time of departure! He made us feel right at home! We frequently travel and stay at hotels at least 1-2 times a month and that is something I have NEVER experienced before. There was a large group of us from El Paso, TX attending a wedding. Roland made sure we knew how to get around town; made sure there were plenty of breakfast items....he even made sure we had enough seating to sit together for breakfast. Roland always had a smile on his face and was so helpful. I wish there were more people like him in the hotel industry. Honestly…I wish there were more people like him PERIOD!!! I truly felt at home and it was all thanks to Roland's customer service!!! Thank you Roland!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dellyn L, General Manager at Best Western Plus Wylie Inn, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful response. We want everyone to feel at home while they are here. It is great to hear you had a nice stay. I will certainly pass this on to the entire staff. Roland is a wonderful employee and I agree life would be easier if we had more people like him. Thank you for your comment. He does enjoy his job and it shows! We look forward to seeing you and your family next time you are in town. If you let me know when you will be arriving I will schedule Roland.
Lawton, United States
Reviewed August 15, 2013

The hotel is always nice and clean and the staff goes above and beyond to make sure your stay is a pleasant one. We have used the conference rooms for family functions and are always pleased with the results.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dellyn L, General Manager at Best Western Plus Wylie Inn, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear Cathy

Thank you for the response on tripadvisor in regards to your stay with us. We appreciate your high marks and I will pass along to the staff. I was happy to see that "everyone goes above and beyond." Also glad that you are pleased with our conference rooms. We look forward to your next visit to Wylie!

Dellyn L
972-429-1771
Greeley, United States
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Being a past resident of Wylie from the years 1994-97 it was great to find a superior motel in what used to be a small community. It was great to see the growth of Wylie, they even have a Starbucks now!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dellyn L, General Manager at Best Western Plus Wylie Inn, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Thank you for your review. It is wonderful to hear you had a chance to visit Wylie. We have grown since the late 90s. The Starbucks is a great addition. Did you also know we have a movie theater. B&B Movies, it has one of the largest movie screens in the country. We hope you get a chance to come back and stay in Wylie again soon. There are lots of new and fun things to do here in the city.
Dellyn Lohmar
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wylie
Hyatt Place Dallas/Garland/Richardson
Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas / Plano-East
Holiday Inn Garland
Holiday Inn Garland
#6 of 15 in Garland
Hilton Dallas / Rockwall Lakefront
La Quinta Inn & Suites Rockwall
SpringHill Suites Dallas Richardson/Plano

Been to Best Western Plus Wylie Inn? Share your experiences!