“My 2nd stay at this location Great!!@”

Best Western Plus Wylie Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Wylie
GreenLeadersBronze level
Cottondale, Alabama, United States
“My 2nd stay at this location Great!!@”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We went to visit family. I booked online simple and easy. We got there got checked in. Rooms are still very nice and big. Free internet was great. They have a pool but it is not heated, so we did not use it in December it was too cold. Breakfast was great eggs, sausage, toast, pastries, and other breakfast products. Chen in and Check out was a breeze.

The only downside was the bed, This time it was me and the wife. So we got the king size bed. It had 4 very small pillows on it. So I advise you bring your own pillows, as we will next time.

Rooms are big, as well as the bathroom. I like a big bathroom we could both fit in there at one time without squishing each other. Downside, ran out of hot water while taking shower.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dellyn L, General Manager at Best Western Plus Wylie Inn, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
It is great to hear from you again. I am assuming your oldest child did well on the interview they were here for. Thank you for letting everyone know about your experience at our hotel. We hope to see you here again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

We didn't have reservations and this is the only hotel in Wylie, TX so when they told us all that was available was a smoking room we took it. The hallway leading to our room smelled like a bar and when we got into the room it was if cigarettes had been left burning in there nonstop the smell was so powerful. It was clean however the chair was quite stained. If we had of had a non-smoking room I would certainly be able to rank this hotel in a much better way.

• Stayed September 2012
Dellyn L, General Manager at Best Western Plus Wylie Inn, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Thank you for your review and for staying with us here in Wylie. It is unfortunate to hear you had to stay in a smoking room when that was not your preference. I do hope you get a chance to stay with us again. Please call me directly if you are in the area and I will make your reservation, this next time for a nonsmoking room. 972-429-1771.
Cottondale, Alabama, United States
Reviewed July 25, 2012

I had to drive my oldest child out to Wylie Tx for a job interview. They had one room left. It had 2 queen beds, a fridge, a microwave, a desk and an ironing board.

The bathroom was very nice and spacious, the pool was a surprize as well.

The free breakfast was great.

My only gripe was the bed was hard as a rock, but after being on the road for 11 hours i needed 4 hours of sleep.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dellyn L, General Manager at Best Western Plus Wylie Inn, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Thanks so much for your review. I'm glad that you were able to have an enjoyable experience at our hotel. I do hope you slept well. Good luck to your child with their interview, I hope all went well. We hope you will consider Best Western in your future travels. Best regards, Dellyn Lohmar
Sugar Land
Reviewed June 12, 2012

I never write reviews, but I always read them to decide where to stay, eat, etc. I usually stay at higher quality hotels, so I was a little apprehensive about staying at a Best Western, but it was closest by far to a funeral I was attending. That being said, I was surprisingly impressed with this place. I made a last minute reservation and requested a room on a lower floor near the parking lot. This request was honored. My room was extremely clean, smelled fresh, and was chilled to a pleasant level when I opened the door. The hotel is not near much as far as restaurants or activities. But, it was in a safe location, and was extremely quiet. I arrived at the breakfast area close to closing time and did not feel rushed to leave. They left everything out until it was obvious I was finished. Great stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Dellyn L, General Manager at Best Western Plus Wylie Inn, responded to this review, June 14, 2012
Thank you so much for the wonderful review! It is unfortunate why you were in town. I do realize that guest always have a choice on where they stay. I am glad you decided to stay here with us in Wylie. I hope to see you during your next visit, we will always do our very best to accommodate you. Thanks again and have a great day.
Lipan, Texas
Reviewed March 6, 2012

I stayed 2 nights in Wylie when I was participating in a horsemanship clinic in nearby Farmersville. The only thing needed was a bed and a shower. They had a nice breakfast area with various items and the room was clean and comfortable. I have to give a thumbs up to employee Twishun (I think that is spelled correctly). My iPhone was very low on battery and I had left part of my charger at the ranch. She looked around and found a piece I needed and let me borrow it overnight to charge my phone. She was very nice and polite.
This hotel is very inexpensive and nice to stay in.

Room Tip: Try not to get a smoking, I had no choice but they are pretty smoky!
Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Dellyn L, General Manager at Best Western Plus Wylie Inn, responded to this review, March 8, 2012
I am glad we made your stay pleasant while attending the clinic in Farmersville. We do try and make every guest stay as nice as we can and help with anything they may need. Thank you for letting everyone know about your experience at our hotel. We hope to see you here again soon!
Magnolia, Texas
Reviewed October 5, 2011

Went to Wylie on a business/leisure trip with the spouse and children and stayed at the Best Western (Wylie Inn) after finding that this was the ONLY hotel in Wylie. The check in was a snap, staff was friendly and the property in excellent condition. The location is close to town, but the views leave a lot to be desired, with Walmart across the highway and a steel yard to the West side, but at least there is convenient shopping, as it were...
The Inn offers a free continental breakfast that was a bit narrow in its variety, but included a few cereals, fruits, rolls, juices and a waffle maker.
The only issue I had with this property was the beds. I have a preference for a pretty firm mattress, but I have to say that these were the hardest beds I've ever slept on!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank BigTimTX
, Manager at Best Western Plus Wylie Inn, responded to this review, March 3, 2017
Thank you for the wonderful review. We hope to see you again soon!
Beaumont, Texas
Reviewed July 21, 2011

We had two stays at this hotel, both with a non-smoking king room. Both rooms were immaculately clean, and the staff was always friendly and helpful. The hotel appeared to be fairly new, and bedding appeared to be fairly new.

The complimentary breakfast was adequate, with Texas waffles, breakfast burritos, hot and cold cereal, yogurt, assorted fresh fruit, juices, coffee, tea, and milk.

Room Tip: Both rooms were clean; no problem getting a good room.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank RadioHost
Dellyn L, General Manager at Best Western Plus Wylie Inn, responded to this review, August 12, 2011
Thank you for your recent stay at our property.
We value your feedback and your business is very important to us.
We look foward to you coming back to see us again soon.
If you ever need anything during one of your stays please let me know.

Dellyn Lohmar
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wylie
Hyatt Place Dallas/Garland/Richardson
Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas / Plano-East
Holiday Inn Garland
Holiday Inn Garland
#6 of 15 in Garland
Magnuson Hotel Park Suites
Candlewood Suites Plano East
Homewood Suites by Hilton Plano-Richardson

Been to Best Western Plus Wylie Inn? Share your experiences!