“Super nice and clean!!!”

Best Western Plus Woodway Waco South Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Woodway
Reviewed June 27, 2011

We had a great visit in the Waco area. This hotel was very nice and clean. The breakfast was A+. The staff was very helpful and kind.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank tawn50

Reviewed June 1, 2011

This hotel was clean, well appointed and the rooms were spacious. The breakfast was also good and the pool area is small but served it's purpose. Staff could of been a bit more outgoing and helpful. Will stay again.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank FNC058
hiexpwoodway, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Woodway Waco South Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2011

Thank you so much for the kind words. We are certainly glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again soon. Hearing about positive experiences like yours really make us feel great about the service that we offer here.

Reviewed October 6, 2009

I had stayed at this hotel for one night about 18 months ago and enjoyed the hotel. Thought I would give it another try. This time I stayed for seven nights. Chose this hotel because we were having meetings in Gatesville, TX and this hotel is on Hwy 84 that is a direct drive there. Got one of the "suites" with a wet bar, refrigerator and microwave. Room was very clean when I arrived - good shower. The bed was not very good - a "foam?" mattress. Not very comfortable for me... Air conditioner was extremely loud and woke me up when it turned on during the night. Couldn't quite get the temperature straight - it was either hot or cold in the room. We were on the third floor and the ice machine on that floor was broken for the full seven days we were there. Breakfast was good with eggs, biscuits, gravy, cereals, etc. Nice large breakfast area. Did not look at the pool area. I probably won't stay here on my next trip to Waco because of the uncomfortable bed and the a/c.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank bandit
Reviewed August 9, 2008

I have stayed at this property and other Holiday Inn Express hotels several times in the past year. I had noticed that this location was not up to the usual Holiday Inn Express standards but this last stay was awful. I checked out a day early because of how dirty the room was.

The duvet covering had dried egg and fingernail polish on it. The mattress pad had blood stains on it. The whirlpool tub had several different types of hair in it. When I ran the whirlpool tub to try to clean it out, brown and white foamy residue floated to the top and was left after the tub drained. The easy chair had a big white creamy looking stain on the seat. There were brochures from a former guest left in plain sight on top of the TV stand. In other words, it was DISGUSTING.

I brought all of these concerns to the manager, who replied, "I hope this won't influence you from staying with us again" and took no recourse to make things right. Well, it certainly will keep me from staying there again!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Adventures2008
Reviewed July 24, 2008

I agree with the previous reviewer who said that it is a very clean hotel. The bedding and towels are extremely nice!

I didn't enjoy my sleep as much as I should have, partly due to the loud AC and also because the bed was pretty firm...it seemed soft when I first sat on it, but sleeping on it was a different feeling. (I don't care for firm mattresses at all).

Breakfast was typical HI Express fare...great biscuits and gravy, egg and cheese omlets, and of course, cinnamon rolls.

Breakfast was picked up around 9:30, and we were so glad we'd made it! If you want breakfast, be sure to get there around 9:00 (on weekdays, later on weekends) as that is the time listed in the hotel literature. We looked at it afterwards!

Overall, a nice place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed June 30, 2008

I stay in Waco quite often; usually stay at Fairfield Inn for convenience but they were booked so I tried your motel and will continue to stay at the Holiday Inn Express, Woodway and never visit Fairfield Inn again. Fairfield can't even come close to you in cleanliness and service. Thank you ... I'll be back. Kaye

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed April 15, 2008

I have stayed at this property several times, including this past weekend (4/12-13). It exceeds expectations for a hotel of this caliber. The room we got was exactly what we reserved, the hotel is relatively new, very clean and well-kept, the rooms are clean and the beds are very comfortable. The internet access is fast and easy to use. As mentioned in other reviews, the breakfast includes eggs, bacon and biscuits in addition to the normal continental breakfast, which was appreciated. The Woodway location is south of Waco proper, but it’s an easy 10 minute drive to just about anywhere in Waco. Even though we were attending events in Waco, we liked the quiet location and the quality of the hotel. This is the best price/value option in Waco, all things considered. My only critique would be that the A/C unit is pretty loud. It is very effective but louder than it ought to be.

• Stayed: April 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodway
La Quinta Inn & Suites Woodway - Waco South
Comfort Suites Waco North
SpringHill Suites Waco Woodway
Home2 Suites by Hilton Waco
Hampton Inn & Suites Waco South
Quality Inn & Suites Near University

Been to Best Western Plus Woodway Waco South Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!