SpringHill Suites by Marriott Waco Woodway
$87
$99
$86
SleepInn
All reviewssitting areasofa bedbeautiful aquariumtropical fishgreat hotelseparate roomoutside arealots of spacea separate living areawaffleseach morningfront desk staffmicrowave and fridgequiet locationindoor poolfree breakfastquick trip
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We stayed at the Springhill Suite Waco for a week in late July. Rate was around $125/night (AAA) for 2 Queen beds. We choose Springhill Suites hotels often when traveling for tennis tournaments because they have a mini-kitchen and separate sitting area.

Overall the room was clean, the hotel lobby was very nice and the waitress in the bar area was also helpful. There was quite a large group of us staying in the hotel and we would meet in the bar with our own bottle of wine, which she happily opened and even provided us with wine glasses.

I was traveling with two teenage girls and let them sleep in the "bedroom" area while I took the sofa bed. I'd give this hotel 5 stars if it weren't for the sofa bed, which was exceptionally uncomfortable. Not only was the bed uncomfortable, so were the linens... the blanket provided for this bed was scratchy, adding to the unpleasant experience. The sofa bed is suited for a 5-year old at best. Other than that, I don't think it should be even advertised as an option for sleeping.

One other thing that was odd, and we experienced this throughout Waco - our iPhones wouldn't map to the hotel. We ultimately ended up mapping to the movie theater next door. Waco is the only place where Siri has taken me two miles from my destination (in this case the Waco airport) and told me to park and walk to my destination (seriously!). Crazy!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Very warm and welcoming staff that made check in fast and painless. The 3rd floor suite was clean, modern, most importantly not worn out. This property has a lobby bar and restaurant, definitely a plus after a long day of travel. However, dinner was disappointing - portions were small and thus over priced.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 26, 2013

This place had a great selection of breakfast items and they even have an oatmeal bar!!! The rooms were amazing. The staff was supper friendly, and it was very modern but still cozy.

The location was great you are right by the malls, movie theatre is next door. Tons of places to eat around and they started serving dinner at the hotel. I cant wait to stay here again

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 4, 2013

this is a very clean very nice property. Staff was friendly and efficient. Hotel was crowded for a Baylor game but it did not seem to cause major problems. You need to know a couple of things. Looks like waffles are served only on weekends. They were not served on Mondays, guess you need to stay at the Hampton if you want waffles on Monday. I had problems with the internet and business center on Sunday. However, as soon as they Monday crew showed up, all was well with both. Would stay here again on a weekend, not on a Sunday night after a big football weekend crowd.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank dady8tor
Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

I could tell from the second I walked into the front door, that this hotel experience was going to be excellent. The young lady at the front counter was very friendly and it gave me the feeling that I was an appreciated customer.
The room was very clean. I could tell that the housekeeping department spent some quality time in the room preparing for my arrival. The bed was very soft and I had a difficult time leaving the next day because that bed was too soft to leave behind. This hotel is family friendly because of the excellent indoor pool that they have. It has a modern design and fountains for the kids to play in.
And finally, I enjoyed the breakfast that was served in the morning. It seemed warm and fresh.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Waco or Woodway. I promise they will not regret coming.

• Stayed: July 2013