“Above and Beyond! Outstanding value for such a nice hotel!”

SpringHill Suites Waco Woodway
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Woodway
Austin, Texas
“Above and Beyond! Outstanding value for such a nice hotel!”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

My first stay at this hotel was nothing short of fantastic. The check-in clerk was very kind and asked me if I was familiar with Waco. I think her name was Jeanie. She even offered directions on a printed out map to a local restaurant. The room was spotlessly clean, along with the rest of the hotel. After dinner, I was enjoying a beer at the bar and met one of their managers as she was making her rounds. I think her name was DeeAnn. Very professional and courteous. I would recommend this hotel to anybody looking for a great value at a high quality hotel in Waco. Only recommendation would be to upgrade the shrubbery. Too beautiful of a hotel to not have it spruced up. I will definitely be staying here again!

Room Tip: I stayed on the top floor
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
DeAnn D, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Waco Woodway, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear Wilson C,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay! We always appreciate feedback from our guests and we use it to constantly improve our product and service. I have also shared your comments with Janie at the front desk. I love it when our team gets recognized by our guests!

We are coming into the spring season here in Central Texas and we are anxiously awaiting the new blooms on our rose bushes. It is really beautiful when they are in full bloom. Hopefully you will be back again and can see it. We are definitely glad to be coming out of the winter season so that we can add some extra "sprucing up" to our landscaping.

Thank you again for your feedback. We look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back to Waco.

DeAnn Davison-Caulk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed March 1, 2013

I have stayed at this property for over 2 years every time I have came to Waco, and now that they have a new front manager she seems to be very curt with their guest.The property is nice and clean but DO NOT expect a 5 star welcome from her!! She was extremely rude and when I asked her why their prices have went up since my last stay, she gave me a 'SCRIPTED CORPORATE RESPONSE". I nicely explained to her that I would be staying with Hilton from now on when I travel to Waco. Her response was... That will be fine with me!". I do a ton of traveling and if there is one thing that I have learned is, "people are the ones that can make it a good or bad experience"....

Room Tip: Book your hotel somewhere else!!!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Scott M
DeAnn D, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Waco Woodway, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Mr. Scott M,

I was sorry to hear that you were upset regarding your recent experience at our hotel. We recognize that you have been a guest here for over 2 years and we appreciate your loyalty. As you know, we transitioned brands from a Best Western to a SpringHill Suites by Marriott in the last 18 months and with that transition came quite a bit of change, to include our room rates. As an all suite property that includes amenities such as complimentary wi-fi, complimentary hot breakfast, business center and fitness center to name just a few, we feel that we offer a fantastic and competitive value in the Waco area. We finished 2012 in the Top10 for guest satisfaction within our brand and we offer a fresh, clean environment for our guests. Our rates are positioned competitively with other hotels in this area, including the Hilton brands.

As I mentioned when we spoke last week, we certainly understand that everyone has a specific travel budget and as much as we hate to lose your business, we understand that you must choose a hotel that fits the guidelines set by your company.

United Kingdom
Reviewed January 14, 2013

As the name suggests, the rooms in this place are all suites and they provide plenty of room, with a lounge and a massive bedroom along with a bathroom and several sinks and work surfaces which you could use as a kitchen of sorts. The room does have a mass produced feel to it but it is to be expected and it is very clean and well maintained so it doesn’t matter too much. The only real problem I found was that the air conditioning/heating system was pretty noisy in the room, so it was hard to sleep with it on.

The hotel has a nice lobby and the couple of people working at the desk during the week were all very helpful and friendly; we used them frequently for advice on where to eat locally and they were happy to print menus, directions etc. which we needed as the hotel itself didn’t have any food available in the evenings, even though the booklet in the rooms suggests there is. Breakfast is fairly basic but OK considering it is included. Wifi is included and has no password required and the signal strength was good.

Facilities around the hotel are not too bad as long as you drive (which you will be), a movie theatre is across the street and decent options for food are available within 5-10 minutes drive.

It isn’t an exciting hotel or one that feels like somewhere that a lot of spark or design has gone into but the rooms are big and the staff helpful so it is good for what it is.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank bob_the_moo
Dear bob_the_moo,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We were pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay while in Waco. We always appreciate hearing from our guests regarding what they enjoyed about our hotel and about anything we may be able to do better in the future.

We certainly hope that we will see you again the next time your travels bring you to the Waco area.

Mt. Calm
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Grandkids loved playing in the pool/hot tub/ water fall areas. Rooms were large and the desk staff really friendly. Even a nice bar. Just don't wait until near 10:00am to go to breakfast. I left to take one to the restroom at ten till ten, when I got back to the table at 5 till it was completely gone.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MCtravler
DeAnn D, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Waco Woodway, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
MCTravler,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay here at the SpringHill Suites in Waco/Woodway Texas. We were so pleased to hear that your grandkids enjoyed the pool! I was sorry to hear that breakfast was put away before 10:00am. I have had a chat with the ladies in that department and we will make sure that doesn't happen again. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

We hope to see you again the next time you are in our area. We hope that you had a wonderful Holiday Season, and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Stephenville, Texas
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Recently spent a night here for business and really enjoyed my experience here. First the hotel itself is very new and is decorated in a very modern contemporary style consistent with newly built SpringHill Suites. The lobby has a very large fish tank and the decor is very nice. I had a king suite and was very impressed with the room, size, and layout. I thought at first I was upgraded by the front desk because the room was so large with a separate living area with a door to the bedroom. (A real suite.) Two large TVs, 3 sinks, sofa, large bathroom. When I looked at the hotel map I realized this was a standard sized king suite. Linens were nice, bed was comfortable. Internet was good.

My second floor room was directly above the lobby so a lot of the lobby noise could be heard from the living room area of the suite, but once in the bedroom it was gone. Sound proofing was above average. I would have preferred a higher room. The exercise room was a bit small with 4 cardio machines (2 treadmill, one bike, one elliptical) and 3 weight machines, none of which were particularly versatile. I would ditch the dedicated machines for ones more flexible. No dumbells. Pool area was indoors and had a whirlpool and a kiddy pool with a fountain. Nice covered patio area out back as well.

At night they have a nice bar with a good selection of beverages, not exactly cheap but not overly expensive. Breakfast the next morning was good with a selection of the usual hot and cold items. Muffins, scrambled eggs, bacon, cereals, fruits, etc.

The location is not within walking distance of much of anything except a movie theater. However the area is being developed and they were busy pouring the slab of something next door so I would expect this to change over time.

Overall I think this location showcases the best of the SpringHill design concept: Large rooms, modern styling, free breakfast, free wi/fi. I have already made plans to spend a week with them again in February

Room Tip: The 2nd floor is open to the lobby below, so ask for a 3rd or 4th floor room for a quieter locale.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank notyours
Greetings "notyours",

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay here at the SpringHill Suites in Waco/Woodway. We love that we have another new fan to add to our ever-growing list. We agree with all of the wonderful things you said about us (but of course we might be a little biased!)

We really do appreciate your feedback and we value your business. we look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in our area. I hope that you had a great Holiday Season and that 2013 brings you much success!

Mussoorie, India
Reviewed November 22, 2012

As a whole SpringHill Suites tend to be quality and good value across the board, but this particular hotel in Waco I think sets a standard for most others to follow.

The large lobby with its outstanding fish tank was amazing. Check in was seamless and prompt. The room was clean and had nice amenities. Microwave, fridge, comfortable seats. Nice bathroom that wasn't big by any means but not cramped. A personal pet peeve for me is when there are too few towels and they have plenty.

The bar service was pleasant and there was free pizza available. I am not sure if this is something regular or I was just lucky, nor did I ask. I just thanked my good fortunate and ate up.

There new computers in their business center was nice.

The pool was smallish, but the kiddo pool was a nice touch and the hot tub is always welcomed but could have preferred it hotter.

Doubtful I will need to go to this location again but I would not hesitate to do so.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank ThaiCookingRocks
Dear "ThaiCookingRocks",

We wanted to let you know how much we appreciate your kind words about our hotel. The team here works very hard to keep in sparkling clean and always provide the best service possible. We love to hear the feedback from our guests so that we know where we may need to make changes, or that we are hitting the mark.

I have shared your comments with the rest of the team. I am sorry to hear that you may never be back in our neck of the woods again, but please continue to choose Marriott and SpringHill Suites wherever you may roam.

Happy New Year!

Amarillo, TX
Reviewed November 2, 2012

This is obviously a very new property. I stayed here for one night in October while on a road trip through Texas. This hotel had good reviews and convenient location, so I decided to give it a shot. The lobby is very cool. There is a large fish tank, tons of seating area, a lounge area open in the evenings connected to a very large breakfast area as well. Everything looked very clean and in great shape.

The rooms were equally as impressive. I had a King suite that had two separate rooms. The den area had a couch, couple chairs, coffee table, kitchenette (sink, mini fridge, microwave), and a TV. Then separated by a door, there was the bathroom with an extra separated vanity, and then a large bedroom area. Very spacious and roomy.

The service was also excellent. I was checked in by a new staff person. She still did an excellent job and was quick to get help when she wasn't sure what to do. Everybody was very helpful and cheery.

Overall, one of the best properties for the price I've seen. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anybody staying in the Waco area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank joelamosobadiah
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodway
Best Western Plus Woodway Waco South Inn & Suites
Hotel Indigo Waco - Baylor
La Quinta Inn & Suites Woodway - Waco South
Home2 Suites by Hilton Waco
Comfort Suites Waco
Comfort Suites Waco
#10 of 30 in Waco
Homewood Suites by Hilton Waco, Texas

Been to SpringHill Suites Waco Woodway? Share your experiences!