“Excellent Hotel”

SpringHill Suites Waco Woodway
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Woodway
Reviewed January 15, 2012

This hotel has just recently changed to a Springhill Suites by Marriott. it used to be a Best Western, no way should it have been Best WEstern. Hotel is extremely nice and very upscale especially for a hotel in Waco. Rooms were all very large, beds were great, our room had extra sink area which my wife just loved. The pool area was great with a great hot tub as well.

Hotel also had full bar,which we loved hanging out at for a couple of drinks in the evening. The staff was great to deal, helped us with everything we needed. We ve stayed in Waco a few times now and this is by far the nicest hotel anywhere in the area.

I had business in the area and hotel had great business center and also had use of meeting space there which could hold about any size meeting we needed. This a plus plus hotel for everything you need..

Room Tip: all rooms are suites and are very large and plenty of space to stretch out for work and play
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
mgmcrew, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Waco Woodway, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2012

From all of us at the SpringHill Suites Waco we would like to thank you for your kind words and positive review. We are glad that you enjoyed your trip to Woodway/Waco and it was a privilege to be your hotel of choice. We hope that you come back and visit in the near future, contact us at any time to make your next reservation or for your friends and family as well. Thanks again for staying at the SpringHill Suites Waco.

Reviewed December 28, 2011

We stayed at this new Springhill suites in Waco Texas that was a Best Western and now has been changed to a Marriott. Great move for the hotel as it was way nicer than a Best Western. This is by far the nicest hotel in the Waco area. We looked at the other hotels in the market including Hampton and Homewood which are nice hotels, but nearly as nice as this hotel. Room was extremely quiet and very large and roomy. Hotel had full service bar which was great for hanging out at in the evening time.

Gorgeous pool area and great exercise room, Everything we needed and then some. We ll be back soon.

Room Tip: Every room is a suite and very large and roomy and all have integrated air conditioning so you don...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed December 5, 2011

We stayed here with our two young children based on the glowing reviews on TripAdvisor. We weren't disappointed. The hotel is brand new and spotlessly clean. The suite rooms are well-laid out and were perfect for our family. We didn't get to use the pool or hot tub, but we looked in and they appeared to be really inviting.

The only downsides are the location, kind of in the middle of an empty field outside of Waco proper. That said, it was a quick trip into Waco to visit our family. The other beef was the use of horrible fluorescent lighting in the rooms that cast a terrible, bluish light everywhere. I really, really don't like compact fluorescents when they have that institutional color and I was disappointed to see them used here.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank brooklyncouple
Reviewed November 11, 2011

Recently my Mom and I traveled to our wonderful Home Town ~ Waco, Texas.
We had not been there in quite some time and were somewhat unsure where to
stay. After some speculation and then just plain tiredness we agreed to try the
Best Western Atrea in South Waco.
What a SURPRISE and delight ! We have both traveled extensively and have had many
pleasant and unpleasant hotel experiences. This Hotel could not have been nicer.
Sparkling clean from the parking lot to the lobby to the room ! Unbelievably GREAT
customer service up and down the "score card" !
Awesome Breakfast in the morning , with many wonderful choices and a gorgeous LARGE
area with tables and a large screen TV. For those so inclined the area also serves as a
lovely bar area in the evening ! The hotel has a well appointed gym and exercise room and
a fabulous indoor pool (I wish I had brought my suit !).
There is also a large "office area" with several computers for those travelers in need of
internet communication and computer use. AND I have not even gotten to the room/suite !
Upon entry is a lovely office/den witha great desk (internet hook ups and desk phone and
great lamp for lighting), a lovely sofa, microwave, wet bar and fridge ! AND television.
Through the next door awaits a magnificent bedroom. Our room had two queen beds with
FOUR pillows on each ! Luxurious sheets, I never wanted to leave ! And another television.
The large closet held a safe, full size ironing board and iron. The Bath Room could not have
been nicer. It revealed a cruise ship state room ! I absolutely cannot think of one complaint
of The Best Western Atrea Waco, Texas ~ EXCEPT we only stayed one night. Oh yes and
believe me the price was MORE than reasonable ~ especially in comparision to other hotels
in the Waco area. It is WELL worth the extra 5 minutes to drive to Baylor or any other place
in Waco you may be headed ! I have never endorsed a place finer than this ! Thank You
Best Western ! I will never stay anywhere else !

Room Tip: Be sure, if it applies, to ask for the senior discount They are too polite to assume it ! SMILE
Reviewed October 31, 2011

This is absolutely the finest Best Western hotel I have ever seen. I normally do not think of Best Western when making travel plans, but this hotel has changed my mind. It is a brand new, modern facility with all the amenities you look for in a mid level hotel. The exterior is clean and well designed. The lobby area is very modern and has the feel of a much more expensive property. The rooms are large, clean and well maintained. Breakfast is complimentary with a great assortment of items. They offered "real" scrambled eggs, (unlike the "cheesy egg rolls" offered at Holiday Inn Express), sausage, biscuits, cereal, and the waffle makers. I will definitely stay here again when visiting the Waco area. Overall, a classy hotel with great amenities and I would highly recommend this hotel to fellow travelers.

Reviewed October 31, 2011

We have family in the area, so we are visiting every year. The Best Western is the best we have found so far. It is the newest, cleanest, and good location. The service was great, and I can't say enough about sleeping in a clean room! They have a pool and the kids love the fish tank in the lobby. The breakfast was great. It may not be the cheapest, but paying a few extras dollars a night is worth it.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 12, 2011

This hotel was one of the nicest I have stayed in across the country. Very Very Clean Room and Bathroom! Complementry Breakfast beats any restaurant with a wide variety of foods that would wow any pickey eater. Pool was very cool with water feature and clean. Convenient location a couple of miles from I35 near Hwy 6 and Hwy 84 with no traffic noise. I would highly recommend this hotel if you have business, leisure or just passing through in Waco.

Room Tip: I had the 2 Queen size bed deluxe suite and it was awesome. TV in bedroom as well as front living r...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodway
Best Western Plus Woodway Waco South Inn & Suites
Home2 Suites by Hilton Waco
Hampton Inn & Suites Waco South
La Quinta Inn & Suites Woodway - Waco South
Homewood Suites by Hilton Waco, Texas
Hotel Indigo Waco - Baylor

Been to SpringHill Suites Waco Woodway? Share your experiences!