Fairfield Inn & Suites Waco South
$87
$99
$86
SleepInn
All reviewsfront desksausageconvenience storeyogurtclean and smelled freshcomfortable bedsan older hotelrewards memberhigh school reunionworkout roomindoor poolcomplimentary breakfastnice breakfasteasy accessstaff was very friendlypatriciawaco
Reviewed May 4, 2014

I needed to spend a week working near Waco and found a good internet rate for a room at the Fairfield Inn Waco South. I am familiar with the Marriott chain and felt comfortable that the basics would be covered at the Fairfield. I was a bit apprehensive, as they listed construction would be underway, however, these concerns were quickly put to rest. The staff at this location were quite friendly and helpful with restaurant recommendations as well as with requests about the room. A slight issue with a stopped up toilet was quickly addressed, as was a request to look at an air conditioner that was working but I preferred a lower temperature...

I used two different rooms and found both to be quite comfortable. I would recommend a king bed room, as it seems a bit more spacious than the room with two queen beds (I was alone and didn't need the second bed... same rate). I would also recommend a room on the back side of the hotel. I stayed in rooms on either side and although I didn't notice any noise (air conditioner running all night masked almost any outside noise), I believe the back of the hotel would be quieter as it faces a bank which is closed at night.

Overall, I think that if you are looking to spend under $90 per night, the Fairfield is an excellent choice. They offer complimentary breakfast every morning. My departures were always before the breakfast started, but they always had coffee out as well as fruit. They even offered me a bag with fruit and water to take on early mornings. The lounge area is quiet (mostly) and comfortable. Free wireless is offered, as well as a paid upgrade. I did all I wanted on the free service, no need to upgrade (even uploaded photos to the cloud).

If you are looking for luxury, this isn't really the place. If you are looking for comfort, value and a friendly staff, you should find what you are looking for at the Fairfield Inn Waco South.

Room Tip: Back side of the hotel should be quieter, although no real issue with the front side (stayed on both). King bed rooms are a bit more spacious in feel than the double queen. Good black-out curtains if you are looking for rest during the day.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Lynn B
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Waco South, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2014

Dear Lynn B,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Fairfield Inn Waco South. I'm so glad to hear that our staff was able to quickly fix any issues that you had and that our renovations didn't interfere with your stay. We hope that you will be able to come back and stay once our remodel is completely finished!

Kind thanks,

Reviewed February 2, 2014

I stayed here for one night and I was worried at first because I received an email from the hotel telling me they were under construction after I booked. They did a good job of blocking off the wing where they were doing construction and I did not notice it during my stay; there was very little dust and I didn't hear any work being done.

My room was newly renovated, nicely decorated, and a very comfortable bed. I think once the renovations are done, the hotel could be a 4 rather than just a 3. Service was great, and I even got a scratch off card for bonus Marriott Rewards points--and won 500 points!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank fletchco
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Waco South, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Dear Courtney F,
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I'm glad to hear that you were pleasantly surprised with your stay. We work really hard to make sure our renovations do not interfere with our guests, and I'm happy to know that we are achieving that. Please do come back and see us when our renovations are finished, if not before!

Reviewed November 27, 2013

This hotel was fantastic, much much better than we expected. We arrived about 8pm on a cold, rainy Friday night. The front desk clerk was very pleasant and accommodating, the check in process was quick and efficient, she placed us on the second floor away from any possible traffic noise from the freeway. They had the forethought to turn up the heater in our room, so we walked into a welcome blast of warm air, which was wonderful after being cold all day! Right when we walked in, the front desk called up to make sure everything was acceptable and offered to bring us some hot chocolate! The first night, about 3 am, I was awakened by noises from the room above us, I called the front desk and the noises stopped within 15 minutes! The room was very clean and nicely decorated, the beds were comfortable, I have nothing but accolades for this wonderful hotel. We were in town for a horse show at the Extraco Events Center, and we found this hotel very conveniently located for that facility! We had a horse trailer with us and had no trouble parking in the lot. I would highly recommend this hotel for any travelers in Waco! 5 star service for less than $100 per night!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Waco South, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Dear Cassidimccollum,
Thank you for your review of the Fairfield Inn Waco South. I'm glad that my staff was successful in making your stay memorable. I appreciate you recommending us to others! Please don't hesitate to come back and see us on your next trip to Waco.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

This Marriott property was a pleasant surprise on a busy night, with the hotel full of Baylor Univ. vs. Oklahoma Univ. football fans. We were accommodated even though most hotels full that night. Service was typically Marriott efficient and pleasant. Even though our room was the first room on the first floor, between the pool, lobby and breakfast area, it was quiet and cool. This is a clean hotel and an excellent value. Included breakfast is better at this location than many Marriotts, I enjoyed a toasted bagel and eggs. Good coffee, and took one to go. Thanks Fairfield Woodway, for a good night sleep.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Waco South, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Dear Geo H,
Thank you for sharing your kind words with others. I'm so happy that you enjoyed your time with us, especially our complimentary breakfast. Please come back and see us again soon!

Kind thanks,

Reviewed October 2, 2013

My daughter and I were in town for a conference at Baylor and stayed here two nights. We had previously stayed here a few years ago but usually prefer to stay a little closer to campus. The other Fairfield Inn was sold out (I am a Marriott rewards member so like to stick with this chain). We had a comfortable stay. Our rate was high due to it being Parent's Weekend at Baylor and it definitely wasn't worth what I paid, but I didn't have many choices.
Check-in was fast and the woman at the front desk was friendly. Our room was fine although it did smell a little musty from the a/c. It was clean and the beds were comfy. We never used the internet (we were never there long enough) so I can't comment on that. Breakfast was typical of a Fairfield, although there were more "hot" breakfast items. It was a decent selection, although I am gluten-intolerant and it seemed most things were offered were waffles, pastries, breads, etc- none of which I can eat. The woman working the breakfast area was super friendly and made sure everyone had what they needed.
The hotel itself is nothing fancy, just a basic hotel, but if all you need is a clean, comfortable place to stay while in Waco, this is a good choice. There are some restaurants nearby and it is right off the freeway, so easy to find.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Waco South, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

Dear Nan831,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Fairfield Inn Waco South, and for the kind words for my staff. I'm happy to hear that you found your bed to be comfortable and your room clean. I apologize that you felt there weren't any gluten free options for breakfast. Please know we do offer Greek and regular yogurt, as well as fresh fruit and fruit salad. I hope the next time you find yourself visiting Baylor that you will keep us in mind.