“Quick but great stay!”

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Woodway
Austin, Texas
“Quick but great stay!”
Reviewed April 30, 2011

My husband and I stayed here one night while in town. The room was very clean, modern, and functional. The price was right, and the staff was friendly. The continental breakfast the next morning was good , the dining area was very clean.The location is central and easy to get in and out of. I would definitely recommend this hotel or stay here again in the future!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tex1121

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Georgia
Reviewed February 21, 2011

We spent the weekend in Waco at this hotel. The rooms were very nice and clean. The staff was friendly. The breakfast was nice. I will stay there again.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank sdd40
Dallas
Reviewed October 12, 2010

I have stayed here around 5 nights in the past few months and it has always been a great stay. Nothing too fancy but always clean room and friendly staff.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Austin1000
Reviewed December 5, 2009

My husband and I were on our way to Austin when we hit traffic from the OU game played in Dallas the night before. The traffic had pushed back our arrival date in Austin by one hour and our 4 month old twins were not having it. We were now treading dangerously close to dinner time. We made the call to get a hotel. This particular Fair Field was right off of 35 (very accessible). The hotel and the rooms were clean and in great shape. The beds were incredibly comfortable. The staff was amazing. They set up cribs in our room, assisted us with our screaming children, and brought our express check out bill to us when we had to leave before 5 AM (when the normally deliver express check out bills). I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed October 16, 2009

Not a bad hotel overall, they were cool with me coming in at odd hours of the night. The service was great and the night clerk there, Derek, is great at his job. He was friendly and always remembered me during my multiple stays. I would recommend this hotel for the value since the only better hotels I've seen in town were much more expensive.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
Georgia
Reviewed January 22, 2009

All I have to say about this place is they must be remodeling it (again). There were construction workers through the lobby, stairs, and elevators the whole day and night. Thankfully I sleep well, but I didn't hear any actual construction "after hours".

This is a slightly dated location, but it's clean, quiet, and in a good location for most travelers. There is a mall and enough places to eat near this location so it is a good place to stay.

My only issue was internet speed. The wi-fi seemed slow, but manageable.

I had stayed here while visiting the area two years ago and it was good then too.

If you want a little chuckle for yourself, and if they don't replace the sign...check out the pool hours for adults. If you really think about it you'll chuckle.

Front desk staff was very friendly upon check in and while coming and going during the day. Even remembered me when checking out and wished me a good day and safe travels. I appreciate that effort and those well wishes.

• Disliked — Might be a little difficult to find if not watching where the driveway is
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
San Antonio
Reviewed September 20, 2008

We go to Waco 1-2 times per year to visit my parents, and we always stay at this hotel. There were a few issues that needed to be resolved. The first room had apparently been the victim of a smoker who violated the no-smoking policy - for 2 weeks without allowing room service entry; there were no sheets for the pull-out couch/bed; the coffee service had been torn open before we checked in; and we always need extra towels (3 kids, go figure!).

We got into the first room & my wife immediately said it smelled of cigarette smoke (I only thought it smelled a bit "musty" & that it would go away when the A/C got turned on). When I went back to the front desk & mentioned that the room had a smell, she (night desk clerk) asked me without looking if it was room ### (I forget the room #, 2nd floor). I said "yes" & she immediately moved us down the hall to a more pristine room, and she explained what had happened & how they had deep-cleaned everything in the room multiple times but had been unable to get it to smell any better. She also explained that they were due for a major remodel & expected that full replacement of all fabric surfaces (couches & chairs, carpets & drapes, shower curtain, etc.) and all porous furniture (chairs, desks, tables, etc.), and the appliances (microwave, coffee machine, mini-fridge, etc.) would result in a room that was free of any evidence of a smoking guest. She also explained that they had well charged the smoking guest's credit card. She was very nice and took care of the issue immediately.

When we got to the 2nd room, we immediately pulled out the sofa to make the bed and failed to find any sheets in the room. I still had to go back down to return the luggage cart, so I mentioned to her (night desk clerk) that we needed the sheets. She immediately brought up a full set of sheets & even made the bed (without us asking) before she left.

By that time, I had checked the coffee (I drink it every morning and always make sure I've got the high-octane stuff there), and I had noticed that the corner had been torn open. I mentioned this to her and the need for extra towels, and she came right back with that plus extra coffee service for the remaining 3 nights of our stay.

After that, the remainder of our stay was flawless. They managed to keep the complimentary breakfast fully stocked, and even allowed us to take extra cereal (with spoons & bowls, etc.) one night (the night clerk unlocked the cabinet & let us have our pick) so that the twins (age 2 1/2) would be able to have a light snack (they didn't eat dinner) before bed. And, room service did a good job of cleaning the room and restocking the extra towels (per the note we left each morning on the bathroom counter).

This is definitely our "hotel of choice" for visits to Waco. I can't wait till the first visit to my parents after they renovate the facilities (it's not bad now, but it'll be "new" again then).

• Liked — Location & consistency of customer service.
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodway
La Quinta Inn & Suites Woodway - Waco South
Best Western Plus Woodway Waco South Inn & Suites
Home2 Suites by Hilton Waco
SpringHill Suites Waco Woodway
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Waco South
Comfort Suites Waco
Comfort Suites Waco
#11 of 30 in Waco

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Waco South? Share your experiences!