“Big City Food In A Little Texas Town!”

Z’s Filling Station
Ranked #2 of 17 Restaurants in Woodville
Cuisines: American
Reviewed January 21, 2014

One advantage of being a corporate pilot is you get to try out restaurants in out of the way places! Woodville is a small East Texas community of about 3000 people. When I walked into Z's Fillin Station, all I wanted was some food to tie me over till I flew back to Louisiana. What I found was a restaurant that could keep up with just about any high scale big city establishment! There was Italian, Seafood, and even South Louisana fare on the menu. I love salmon so when I saw Grilled Salmon on Spinich Cakes, I had to try it. Not only was the portion huge, it was the best tasting salmon I had ever eaten! I felt the prices were quite reasonable considering the size of the meals and the high quality food. Not many places in Texas get a Health Inspection certificate of A 100 (perfect score!) Before our stay was over, we had eaten there several times. Pete and his wife Cezila can move their eatery to my home town any time they want!

Reviewed September 29, 2013

The Chicken Parm was great, large portion with fresh sauce. My friend had a burger which he liked. I do not agree with the remarks about the high prices. While not cheap, the quality is great.Compared to meals to similar meals in large cities, these prices were very reasonable. Service was fine. The owner came by a couple of times to check on us. Other staff members cleared our table without makingrumaking us feel rushed.

2  Thank chomondely
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Was shocked to see the prices....very expensive, but we were already there so decided to try it. I had the grilled catfish and my husband the chicken fried steak. Food was good, but way too expensive I don't mind paying for a good meal, and this was good, just not good enough to support the price. There are other options in Woodville that are just as good and a whole lot less money. Will not go back.

2  Thank campruby
Reviewed August 11, 2013

part of what I enjoy about traveling to rural cities is the local cuisine. There is certainly a limited number or restaurants in the small town of Woodville and from the outside this establishment looked promising. Upon ordering I was made to feel like I should have been apologizing for bothering the staff. I placed a to go order for a burger, I was handed my bun and directed toward a burger bar to dress it.... I then handed the bun back to the cashier and they placed the burger on it. I asked for a container to place ketchup in and was met with a sigh and eye roll......the food was ok......prices were too high and I walked away feeling like I needed to take a nerve pill.

3  Thank Karisa W
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I have ate here a few times. Each time, the owner has been rude, he sat at a table conversing with his friends while we waited to be waited on for our order...true he did come back by when we were done eating to see if it was OK...prices are outrageous, especially in such a small town. Cheapest price is 10 bucks...

I've went back again to maybe just a bad day, same thing again. This is a overly expensive place to eat with rude service...won't be back

2  Thank fairg