“Wow what a wonderful find!! Glad I took Tripadvisor Reviews”

The Stagecoach Inn of Woodville
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Woodville
Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

Clean, clean, clean up to date!!
Wonderful mattress, like at home!!
Quite peaceful night.. No freeway noise ... No noise period!!
Quality of upper end name brand motels!!!! Excellent staff friendly!!!

Walk next door to eat the CATFISH is WONDERFUL!!!!

• Stayed: September 2013
4  Thank Rettahere2

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Very clean and comfortable with very nice staff. Plenty of places to go to around the hotel to eat and shop.
If you are a smoker they have very cute little gazebo to sit outside and smoke. There is a restaurant right next door that you can walk to.

All in all our stay was a very pleasant one.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank iPam69
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I was in Woodville for business, research indicated this is the only acceptable place to stay so I called with trepidation since it is technically a "motel." I could not have been more surprised. It was great, wonderful service and super clean. They gave me a non-smoking King suite; the sheets were soft and bright white, nice pillows, fluffy towels, the toilet paper ends were neatly folded points. The carpet was clean, the bathroom and sink vanity sparkled. The daily cleaning service was detail oriented, no residual cleaning smells. Building was in good condition, heard it was built in 2007.

I forgot my toothbrush and asked at the desk but they did not have complimentary accessories like that; however, Brookshire Brothers grocery store was next door within walking distance. I did not mention until the end of my stay that the microwave in my room was not working well, and Chris (the proprietor) went immediately to change it out. Their continental breakfast is the basic offering: coffee, milk, 3 types of cereal, muffins, "pigs-in-a-blanket," assorted package pastries, and apple/orange juice. I saw a pool but didn't use it, they provided a password for internet use.

Do not assume they will have space, at least during the week. I got the impression they stay booked. A lot of construction professionals and workers are guests. Skipping the details, I found the staff goes above and beyond: because they were booked they had to jump through several hoops to find 2 non-smoking rooms for myself and my colleague, and they happily worked for that.

Here's some cute Woodville trivia: This was the week that their local girl, Kree Harrison, of American Idol was in the top three, and she and Amer Idol crews had just been through (the weekend before my visit) for her hometown tour. The entire city is just over the moon about this and she was voted to top two by Thursday; it was fun to experience the energy associated with that.

Room Tip: The back side of the hotel has a nice view of the wood and seemed to be a buffer from the sound of t...
Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Tracy H
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Clean and comfortable. Courteous staff. Kolaches and coffe in the morning. Fast check-in and check-out. Reservation was ready when I arrived. I will stay there again. Free internet that worked. Room was a nice size.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank chomondely
Reviewed May 5, 2012

My parents were on a road trip and my dad got sick. They stopped here to get a room, and stayed the night. The lady at the front desk got them a room, it was clean, quiet and in good shape. The next morning my dad was much sicker and needed to get to medical attention. Chris (manager?) looked up a few walk-in clinics, and they ended up at the Tyler County Hospital. My dad was eventually transported to Beaumont, Texas. The courtesies extended by Chris was greatly appreciated and above and beyond.

Room Tip: Walk in and the staff will take care of you.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank Munch75
Reviewed August 24, 2010

The hotel staff was very courteous and the front desk area was very nice and inviting. The room was clean, bed was very comfortable, and just really relaxing. The service was very good but the housekeeping staff was slow. The room didn't get cleaned till around 1pm. There is a small pool in the center of the hotel and they have a small breakfast area with TV at the front of hotel. Elijah's Cafe is next door so you literally walk a few feet out of the parking lot to go and enjoy a great meal. The hotel is conveniently located near Wal-Mart, McDonalds, Sonic, Subway, and several gas stations and convenience stores. The hotel was very nice so if you have to stay for a visit, this is definitely the place to stay!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
4  Thank sexytraveler33
Reviewed August 24, 2010

We were visiting family which didn't have space for us so we got a room at the Stagecoach Inn. Here is the good, the bad and the ugly of our accommodations:

Good - The room is spacious (although the bathroom is a little snug). The beds were comfortable. The AC worked like a champ. Room contained a table and two comfortable chairs plus a desk and chair. Microwave, refrigerator, coffee pot and iron/ironing board in the room. An excellent Cajun/family restaurant is right next door. Within walking distance of Wal-Mart, Pizza Hut, McDonalds and a grocery store. The continental breakfast is okay plus the addition of sausages wrapped in biscuits was interesting and tasteful. A clean small 4ft deep pool is in the center. The day staff is extremely friendly and responsive.

Bad – The night staff is not friendly... The motel is right by the road so if you have a room in the front, you may hear some traffic noise. It didn’t bother me (but my hearing isn’t that good). There were a few oil field workers staying in the motel. One backed a two ton truck up against my door, so that I could hardly get in the room. I wasn’t even able to get my luggage out. I spoke with driver and management and finally got him to park in front of his own room (ironically he left plenty of space between the truck and his door). Some of the other rooms appeared to contain camp ‘ladies’ (women that follow laborers from town to town). Occasionally we would hear the bed thumping into the wall.

Ugly – Actually nothing was ugly. All in all we had a comfortable stay. If you plan to stay in a Woodville motel this is your best choice. I would stay here again.

I took one point off Service for the night staff, one point off Location for the road noise and one point off Value because it's a little expensive for Woodville.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
8  Thank Haverocketwilltravel

Been to The Stagecoach Inn of Woodville? Share your experiences!