“Go out of your way to eat here!”

The Original Lercy's
Ranked #2 of 24 Restaurants in Winnie
Cuisines: Diner
Reviewed September 2, 2014

My husband I had car trouble nearby. We decided to head for this little cafe. It was refreshing, local people, home cooked food from scratch. I could not have asked for a better place to eat in a million years.
My husband had the Chicken Fried Steak. Now after many bad ones in many places, I just wasn't too sure! It was the best he had ever eaten in his 60 something years! It was so good that he won't even order them anywhere now. He says nothing will ever compare, so why try.
Now we don't live anywhere close to this area, but it is on our favorites to detour there for a meal any time we travel by.

3  Thank Linda S

Reviewed August 18, 2014 via mobile

The plate lunch line is always fresh and the food is so good !! Southern style home cooking seasoned just right. The friendliest staff around and a country atmosphere. Can't go wrong!

1  Thank Mommy794
Reviewed April 15, 2014

If you want some good, made from scratch country soul food...go to Lercy's in Winnie, Texas!! Bring a big appetite when you go and I promise you will not leave hungry! Stewed pork chops, baked chicken, rice and beans, greens, green beans, stewed squash, fresh baked rolls and bread... and more. I can assure that you will be more than pleased!!

2  Thank Bobby A
Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

This is a great place to eat! The food is home cooked. Even the mashed potatoes are real potatoes! I have had the pleasure of eating here on several different occasions. It is a local favorite. The building does not look like much because it was built inside of an old gas station, but the atmosphere is great!

1  Thank Patricia B

Been to The Original Lercy's? Share your experiences!