“Great Steaks!”

Dining options: Reservations
Cypress, Texas
“Great Steaks!”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Service is always good! Steak and shrimp is my favorite. The steak is always to cooked the way I order and just the way I like it.

Visited June 2012

Houston, Texas
“Great service, Large variety, Delicious Food!”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I just tried Al T's for the first time and was very pleased. I took a chance picking a place I'd never been to as a meeting location for 12 friends. From the moment we walked in, everything was great! The person that greeted us was very nice. The waitress was pleasant & attentive with good timing. The menu selection was better than I expected - I had a difficult time making up my mind. Everyone that I asked enjoyed their food. I had the fried oysters & they were cooked perfectly. My son ordered the fried alligator & let me taste it - we both liked it. It had a good flavor and was surprisingly tender. We were in a hurry and didn't have time to stay for dessert...I guess I have a reason to go back :).

• Visited February 2013
Houston
“Typical”
Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

Typical. Was excited about the gator tenders but they were oh hum. Typical. Dinners salad - typical. Hard to find or taste any cheese in the blue cheese dressing. Steamed veggies were limp - typical. The stuffed shrimp were huge but all bread - typical. Decor was pleasant but venue loud - again - typical. If you like typical, you'll like this.

Central Texas
“Gator tails!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I drove into Winnie after a day of nature photography, primarily because it was the only guaranteed place to get gas for 30 miles and I was running on fumes. This restaurant was immediately recommended to me by the convenience store owner where I filled up the car. It is quintessential southeast Texas, a 10 or 12 foot gator hide decorates one wall and it was packed with customers that looked to be mostly local regulars, and some groups of hunters. You don't need to dress up.

They focus primarily on Cajun seafood, heavy on the shrimp and crawfish. I almost went for the crawfish etoufee. However, the item that drew my attention was the gator tails. Alligator is a very lean, tasty meat (until it is deep fried, of course) that is not generally available in my part of Texas, so I went for it. After a nice, fresh garden salad, I received a heaping platter of lightly battered, deep fried gator strips, somewhat resembling chicken strips at any of many national fast food chains but far more appetizing and really tasty. The volume of food would be good for two reasonably hungry people, but I had not had much for lunch and refused to think of the gator dying in vain, and it was so good I cleaned the plate without thinking of the calorie load. Very nicely seasoned batter, and not overly greasy considering the cooking technique. Good, homemade-tasting red sauce for dipping. The side of red beans and rice was good, not the best I have ever eaten, but a splash of Tabasco livened it up. I was unable to justify getting dessert after this meal, so cannot comment on their offerings. I will definitely hit Al T's the next time I make it to Winnie.

If you are looking for deep fried Cajun goodness, I heartily recommend Al T's. If you are looking for healthy dining, this part of the world is probably not going to offer much, although there may be a yogurt shop somewhere in town. Al T's is nearly directly across the highway from the Winnie Inn, which I reviewed today as well. A winning Winnie one-two combination.

Visited January 2013
Louisiana
“Good plate lunch”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Gteat place for a quick bite on a short lunch break. Portions are substantial and you are given the choice of a plate or all you can eat buffet.Kind, prompt wait staff. Will return soon.

• Visited January 2013