“Stuffed from CFS!”
Review of Cypress Creek Cafe - CLOSED

Cypress Creek Cafe
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Description: This restaurant is temporarily closed. Our landmark building has served as a gathering place and restaurant since 1937. We offer a variety of hill country comfort food, a full bar and live music in The Buzzard Bar, every weekend. Dine on our covered patio in the back where friendly dogs are always welcome! Our annual Crawfish Boil in May with live music all day on the outdoor stage is not to be missed. This past year we collected donations for The Boot Campaign that assists our military veterans with family needs and aid. Please visit our website for daily specials, menus and a complete band line up. Lots of parking in our back lot. Open seven days a week. Hope to see you soon!
Reviewed August 6, 2014

A VERY big chicken fried steak and it was really good and the waiter was very nice. I would go back.

Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

The outdoor bar/food area is our favorite. Recently they have stepped it up with summertime specials...we loved the fried green tomatoes! Not overpriced. Lots of variety. And they have live music on weekends and a party atmosphere!

Reviewed August 1, 2014

Ate in the Buzzard Bar 8/1/2014. One waiter never closed the door from the bar (where some locals like us prefer to dine where it is quiet) to the outside courtyard (can dine outside as well). My husband got up six times during our meal to close the door. I did so twice. Eating with the flies is NOT what I expect nor do I intend to do. I asked to speak to the manager and asked for the owner's information. Finally got the information and sent the owner an e-mail, detailing the situation and advising that I would be posting to TripAdvisor. Unless you, too, wish to spend your mealtime closing the door to avoid eating with the flies, I suggest you bring your own swatter or dine elsewhere.

Trish U, General Manager at Cypress Creek Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2014

I would like to apologize for your unfortunate experience at our café. The matter of your complaint was brought to my attention that evening when I returned to work. The importance of keeping the doors shut was discussed with all the staff and new commercial fly traps have been ordered. Flies are always a nuisance in the summer and we try diligently to keep them from coming inside. I appreciate your suggestion about the automatic door closers.

I sincerely hope that you will give us another try and we will do our best to keep those pesky flies outdoors where they belong.

Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

Located right on the square in an historic building, this is a convenient place when you come to Wimberley for shopping. There is parking in the square and also in back. There is a patio for when the weather is comfortable. They host an annual crawfish boil and have live music many nights. The food is ok and the staff is friendly. Prices are high compared to the rest of town. From here you can visit all the local shops and enjoy Wimberley hospitality.

1  Thank rxman502001
Reviewed July 26, 2014

My sweetie and I visited Wimberly for the weekend, and stopped by the Cypress Creek Cafe for an early dinner. Sharon was our server, and she is fantastic! Bright and knowledgable, her recomendations were spot on. She was a friendly and skilled server and made our visit wonderful. When you go there ask to sit in Sharon's section and you won't be dissapointed.