“Good food”

Cypress Creek Cafe
Ranked #6 of 40 Restaurants in Wimberley
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Description: This restaurant is temporarily closed. Our landmark building has served as a gathering place and restaurant since 1937. We offer a variety of hill country comfort food, a full bar and live music in The Buzzard Bar, every weekend. Dine on our covered patio in the back where friendly dogs are always welcome! Our annual Crawfish Boil in May with live music all day on the outdoor stage is not to be missed. This past year we collected donations for The Boot Campaign that assists our military veterans with family needs and aid. Please visit our website for daily specials, menus and a complete band line up. Lots of parking in our back lot. Open seven days a week. Hope to see you soon!
texas
“Good food”
Reviewed July 30, 2011

Good food. The previous reviews were helpful. My husband and I ate here for the 1st time on our last roadtrip to Wimberley. My husband had a Patty melt that he said was the "best." I had the chicken fried steak as recommend by others. I'm not a big CFS fan, but this one was good. The crust made it good. It was a little greasy, but that may not be a bad thing for some. You could tell this CFS was hand battered. The potatoes mashed potatoes were real - peelings and all, very good. If you want just dining and relaxing sit in the front of the restaurant. In the back is a bar and they have live bands on the weekends @night, starting @9pm. They have a full bar and you can eat back there as well. We didnt stick around for the 2hr wait for the band. But, overall the food was good/great. Reasonably priced.

• Visited July 2011
3 Thank roadtrip-fools

“Great!!!!”
Reviewed July 17, 2011

A must in Wimberley!! Great
Food and service. Prime rib was out
Of this world. Great bands upstairs

Round Rock, Texas
“great service/great food”
Reviewed July 16, 2011

Okay, any restaurant experience is going to be great when you have a superstar waitress like Lauren. But, the whole thing was super. My wife and I were spending our 34th wedding anniversary poking around Wimberley where we had spend our honeymoon. We ended up eating a late lunch at the Cypress Creek Cafe (it was the Dinner Bell 34 years ago). Wow. Great service, great food, great atmosphere. All the food was delicious but the pork green chili soup was fabulous. The chocolate satin pie was right behind it. Overall, a delightful experience.

• Visited July 2011
3 Thank enjoyinglife28
“Very friendly, but where're the veg options?”
Reviewed July 13, 2011

really enjoyed the visit to Wimberly, and the cafe is very pleasant. The menu selections were great for the omnivores in the group, but the vegetarians had little to choose from outside of salad. Clean establishment and a friendly wait staff. Food was well prepared.

Visited June 2011
Houston, Texas
“Very Good Food”
Reviewed May 31, 2011

Very busy resturant with good food. Staff was very helpful and the owner dropped by our table to make sure everything was up to our expectations. I had the Chicken Fried Steak, my girlfriend had a chicken sandwich that I can't remember the name of. Mine was good, and big; I couldn't finish it. My girlfriend's sandwich was very good and also the sweet potato fries. We will certainly try this place again, on our next visit to Wimberley.

Visited May 2011