“Good food”

Cuisines: Deli
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed May 12, 2013

They have a Pimento Cheese sandwich that I thought about for weeks after I ate it. i have to get another one. Huge, thick pieces of bread with pimento cheese in between then grilled to perfection, with french fries. (This is not a diet plate!)

My family and I have been there several times. The food is fine, the people are nice and it is a comfortable place to be. I will be back for sure.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

This place has a varied menu but all is pretty standard fare. It was ok, just nothing special. The location is good which caught our eye.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

We were in the area for a wedding and needed a place for lunch so we decided the Wimberley Cafe was as good as any to try.

They have a big covered patio out front so we sat down until two ladies decided to come sit right by us and immediately start getting out their cigarettes and moving the ash trays closer. That was our clue to leave. Why when there are 20 other empty tables on the patio, do you have to go sit right by other people? So we decided to go in and actually I'm glad we did because that is the charm of the Wimberley Cafe. It was like stepping back in time and I loved it!

I like old fashioned burgers and I ordered the cheeseburger and I thought it was just that, an old fashioned burger and I loved it. My D.P however was not so good. It tasted like a glass of syrup and when I sent it back our waitress said the owner liked it that way. Well Mr. Owner you need to fix that because that was awful. But the Dr. Pepper didn't spoil my lunch or this review. My husband ordered the chicken fried chicken, okra, and something else. Anyway, I know good gravy and most people kill it with pepper and let me tell you this was some good gravy! The okra tasted like the real deal too, not frozen but fresh where you could really taste the okra!

The next morning we went back for breakfast and I ordered a pretty basic breakfast with eggs and bacon and it came with one biscuit. Oh my goodness I thought I had died and gone to heaven over that biscuit. I grew up on country style eating and I have never ever had a softer, lighter, or fluffier biscuit in my life!!! I wish I had known and I would have paid for an extra biscuit. I could drive 4 hours right now to Wimberley to just get those darn biscuits! So if you like biscuits, this is your place!

I loved this place and would love to go back! It's just an old school cafe with good country style food, what a treat!

Reviewed April 19, 2013

The Wimberley Cafe is a charming small-town diner with a nice deck overlooking the main square. It has some good vegetarian options--the veggie Reuben sandwich was the best I have had. Service was mixed, though...after we received our menus and water we spent a very long time waiting for someone to take our order. Tables nearby got their orders taken and there were plenty of servers hanging out at the diner counter, some of them looking right at us. It was not busy since we came at an in-between meals time. Eventually our server came over and was apologetic for the wait, which we appreciated. My husband ordered the Reuben sandwich and I ordered the veggie version. His was mysteriously missing sauerkraut--kind of an important ingredient to the Reuben--and we were most of the way through the meal before he was given some. We stayed to order the peach pie a la mode, which I can definitely recommend--big portions, too. They may have just been having an off day with service...we'll probably try it again when we are back in town.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Four ladies recently went for lunch. We were pleasantly surprised at the menu. Great selections and prices! We enjoyed it!