“WIMBERLY INN COMFORTABLE, CLEAN AND COZY”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Wimberley Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Wimberley
Wimberley Inn
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Wimberley
Austin, Texas, United States
“WIMBERLY INN COMFORTABLE, CLEAN AND COZY”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2012

This was our first time staying at the Wimberly Inn and I thought that the accomodation was very nice. The room was cool with excellent air conditioning. The bathrooms were spotless. The television was a good flat-panel TV with sufficient channel selection including Turner Classic Movies. The bed was comfortable. The surroundings were pretty. We had a room that looked
out on a sloping wooded area. Close to the center of the village and very close to the Blue Hole
swimming spot. Genial folk run the place and if quiet is what you want, you'll like it.

Room Tip: Book early!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Algodones, NM
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2012

I feel the need to start by stating that I've worked in the service industry for years and I know how challenging it can be. I got on here just to write a good review, but saw some of the silly things that other people have written and I think it's a shame to see people that work so hard to create a pleasant experience get crapped on by guests that think that they should be given special privileges over everyone else. Yes they are paying good money to stay there, but I am too and I don't want to stay in a room that smells like cigarette smoke, beer, wet dog, mold, or has burns on the carpet from cigarettes and irons! Seriously people, think about it - rules are usually made after you have enough stupid people screw things up (to protect the majority of their guests from the few that don't know how to not mess things up for everyone else). The Wimberley Inn tries not to use nasty chemical cleaners (one of things I LOVE about them), so no wonder they ask you not to do anything in your room that would require it to be cleaned with something that would melt your skin off your bones if exposed directly.
If you want to stay someplace unique, clean, and quiet where you don't have to worry about the people in the room next to you playing beer pong until 4AM, then this is the place for you. If that doesn't sound like what you're looking for, go stay at the motel 6 in san marcos.
Anyways, that's my two cents. Take it or leave it, but I dig this place and will be returning next time I come out to the Wimberley area.

Room Tip: The higher the number room, the nicer it is.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank kelly a
Irving texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2012

My wife and I attended a friend's wedding in Wimberley this past weekend and we arrived late afternoon sans reservations. We never thought that a reservation would be difficult but were we surprised to learn that every hotel-motel in the town was booked. Wimberely was hosting their market fest and of course there were many weddings being attended in town as June is the heighth of that season. Thus the dilema of no rooms! We soon realized that we would have to drive at least 30 miles to find available accomodations. At that late hour we started to panic as we realized we would be late for the wedding service. As a last effort we stopped a young man and asked for assistance in our plight. He thought for a brief moment and said, " go to the Wimberley Inn and they will do their best to try and assist you." We did just that. As we pulled into the parking lot the sign stated NO VACANCY. Regardless I hurried inside and the owner, Denise, greeted me and reconfirmed that they were booked full. Notwithstanding she started calling every competitor nearby to try and get us a room so we did not have to trek some 30+ miles. No luck as everybody was full but when I queried if we may use the Inn's facility to at least change clothes and get ready to go to the wedding, she said, "of course." Then an idea hit her. A sweet accomodating lady, she said, "I have a special bedroom next to our quarters that we usually do not lease out but perhaps we could let y'all use it in this emergency. WOW were we grateful for her kindness and thoughtfulness.
What great relief that announcement was and as the weekend wore on everything at the Wimberley Inn went super good for us. Thanks Denise for going beyond the call of duty to help us out. You made out weekend a joy and saved us what appeared to be one big mess.
My wife and I highly recommend the Wimberley Inn. .

Room Tip: Look at your room before booking to make sure it meets your expectations.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank WJW19
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2012

This is my second stay at The Inn. Both times the room has been very clean and quiet. Deer roam the property and it is a short walk to the center of town for shopping, restaurants, and the sites of Wimberley. The staff is knowledgable about activities and places of interest. It is a great way to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city. This is where I will be staying on all of my visits to Wimberley

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Terry H
Frisco, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2012

I've gotten to know Dan and Denise, the owners of Wimerley Inn, over the last year while my wife and I bought property and procededed to build a house. They are super friendly and professional and I'm certain any issue was a result of their commitment to serving all their guests, the environment, and the City of Wimberley.
On a personal note, I was working on my property on May 24th when I apparently encountered an insect bite or plant alergy. I went to their lobby and Dan took me to EMS where I was treated and taken to San Marcus ER for further treatment. Dan came and stayed with me and took me back to their Inn at 11:30 that night, where I rested and recovered.
In these days of selfishness and arrogance in our society, I would caution anyone to doubt the integrity and selflessness of these folks.
Pat Herring
Frisco, TX

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Pat H
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2012

My husband and I have stayed at the Wimberley Inn on a number of occasions and we will definitely return. The location is excellent - it's an easy walk to all of the local shops and restaurants in Wimberley. The Inn is in a beautiful setting - lots of shade trees and seats available to lounge. We had a delightful stay.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Karentravels2012
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2012

Pulled into the parking lot and was immediately confronted by owners that the dirt parking lot must be a certain way. Then check in was rude but a sign posted " nicest works best". Not allowed to iron unless you come to the office and do many don't dos when you get to the room no carpet no refrigerators no microwave not to say family arrived and owners ran out to confront non guest they could not enter it was a one way entrance and could they not read

Run from renting beds hard and the first impression stays with you not to mention cancelation is 8 days prior. Wow. Run

• Stayed June 2012
6 Thank warrowlady
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wimberley
Sleep Inn & Suites Dripping Springs
Sleep Inn & Suites Dripping Spri...
#1 of 2 in Dripping Springs
BellaVida Bed and Breakfast Retreat Center
The Lodge at Cypress Falls
The Lodge at Cypress Falls
#11 of 19 in Wimberley

Been to Wimberley Inn? Share your experiences!