“Nice first experience in Texas”
Review of Wimberley Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Wimberley
Wimberley Inn
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Wimberley
Omaha, Nebraska
“Nice first experience in Texas”
Reviewed October 10, 2011

This was my first time in Texas, in town for a wedding. The folks who run the place were very helpful and friendly. The room was comfortable, similar to your usual hotel/motel, and very clean. I was staying in the room with 3 other people and we did just fine. The grounds were lovely even with the drought this year, and there were lots of places to sit outside. Breakfast was great. It was a good place to gather with family.

It's an easy walking distance from the shops in Wimberley, 10 minutes tops, though there aren't sidewalks in most of town (the shoulder worked just fine!) Though it's on a road, the rooms are set back enough and the landscaping is such that you don't really notice.

Our initial plan was to stay in a chain place closer to Austin, but I'm so glad we didn't. Chain places are all the same, and this was a nice place to wake up on my first morning in Texas!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
devon
Reviewed October 5, 2011

Visited for one night, travelling on my own. The room was large, clean and very comfortable. Really enjoyed the outside seating areas for relaxing in the sultry evenings. The highlight would definitely be the hosts, Dan and Denese, who were so friendly, hospitable and helpful, and gave me tips on where to eat, what to see and where to go. Ideal!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Flower Mound
Reviewed September 27, 2011

This place was AWESOME! We went here with my sister, daughter, niece and mother to celebrate my mom's 65th birthday. The Inn was clean, great services, great food and beautiful surroundings. Will definitely stay here again and highly recommend! Thanks for a great time!

Room Tip: We love the rooms that don't have carpet. They may have renovated all of them now, but we defin...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Midland, Texas
Reviewed September 23, 2011

My husband and I recently stayed at the Wimberley Inn for a wedding in early September. The check in was very simple and the woman working the counter was extremely nice. She took the time to explain the different places to eat and things to do in Wimberely. The Inn grounds are kept well. There are neat little seating areas scattered around the grounds that were enjoyable to sit and talk. My main complaint would have to be that the standard room is comparable to that of a Motel 6. Not decorated, stiff, and extremely dated. However, we did venture over to our friends deluxe/superior room and it was nice. So this issue might be unique to only our standard room (but I would assume it is the same for all standard rooms). I would say that this establishment is just okay. If you are looking for a quick getaway, personally I would chose Fredericksburg over Wimberley any day of the week.

Room Tip: Pay the extra money to get a decent room if you plan on spending any time in your room.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Melttu84
Reviewed August 3, 2011

Loved location, rooms were spacious and clean. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed July 2011
Copperopolis, California
Reviewed July 3, 2011

I recently went to Texas for my wife's Aunt's 80th birthday (we live in California). We stayed at the Wimberley Inn and had a wonderful relaxing vacation. The rooms were very nice and CLEAN. Did I say clean? Yes, very clean and I felt quite at home there. It's nice to go on vacation and still feel at home. Outside our room door was a pond and tables and chairs to relax in. The setting was beautiful.
The location was close to everything. The owners of the Inn, Dan and Denese were very nice and take pride in this establishment. The grounds were beautiful. They have a live in cat named Cato who we saw every morning (my wife liked this since we do not travel with our cat).
Our daughter is 13 and brought a soccer ball with her. There is a grassy area you can walk to where she met up with another girl guest and they kicked the ball around while we had a picnic lunch.
I work at a major garbage company and was impresed with the recyclling program they have in place at the Inn. Environmental responsibility is important these days.

I felt the prices were reasonable and I loved the homemade muffins they served in the continential breakfast. I wont' tell you how many I ate, but it was more than one.

My wife is an "over packer" and the close parking made it convenient for me to haul all her luggage to our room.

We had an early morning flight out and Dan printed our boarding passes out for us the night before we left to make our departure quick.

I'm sure we'll be back for the next family event.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank JetSkiJeff
Midland, Texas
Reviewed July 2, 2011

We have seldom stayed in a hotel that was so welcoming and charming. We were thrilled with the little fountains and ponds tucked away with a fabulous wooded view. There was even a trail through the woods that lead to a meadow where deer played. Our rooms were so clean, and perfect for our needs. Cool and quiet! We loved the healthy home cooked continental breakfast. What a delightful surprise!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Twoguests
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wimberley
Candlewood Suites
BellaVida Bed and Breakfast Retreat Center
The Lodge at Cypress Falls
The Lodge at Cypress Falls
#8 of 19 in Wimberley

Been to Wimberley Inn? Share your experiences!