“The cottage was close to downtown shopping and extremely clean.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Wimberley
Cypress Creek Cottages
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Wimberley
Wimberley, Texas
“The cottage was close to downtown shopping and extremely clean.”
Reviewed December 7, 2010

We were very pleased with the location and cleanliness of the cottage, however, there was very little privacy. Both of the doors had a sheer covering over the glass that actually made it easier to see inside at night! You could easily see both beds through the glass in the doors. The security lights on the porch were blinding and we could not find a switch to turn them off. Due to the bright lights and high visibility, my elderly mother was not able to fall asleep and we ended up leaving the cottage at 3:00 a.m. to drive home. It was a great day of shopping ruined by a poor night sleep.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
Reviewed December 1, 2010

Highly recommend this pet friendly cottage in Texas Hill Country. Loved the bed and hot tub.

• Stayed December 2010
2 Thank CricketHS
Houston, Texas
Reviewed November 30, 2010

Wimberley is such a cute town. My girls(10 and 8) and I enjoyed shopping at all the shops while hubby watched sports at Inoz Brew and Chew. Very friendly town. Cypress Creek Cafe good eats.
Our cottage was great. Very clean and beautifully updated. A great welcome package for both our dog and the family. The girls had two twin beds in the loft upstairs. They loved having their own space. I loved the fact that the kitchen was so clean I didn't mind actually cooking and eating in it. Hot tub on the patio was a nice touch too. The only suggestion i have is to provide guests with a small map including places to take a medium to large dog somewhere to run. The cottages are surrounded by private property and is fine for small dogs. The creek was wonderful and we went across the road to it daily. Overall great experience. The cottage had everything you needed plus more. We will be back and tell others too.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank KBlack-Smith
Nederland, Texas, USA
Reviewed November 29, 2010

We arrived on Sunday, Nov. 28th at Cottage #8. Our prized baby...a 3lb Chihuahua (Pawket) had a huge bed, two bowls, treats, a toy and a welcome letter waiting for her. Usually she is uneasy in new places but she was immediately happy and playing with her gift! The cottage was amazingly clean and neat. We loved the check in and check out policy....we didn't have to talk to anyone unless we wanted too. We were celebrating our 1 year anniversary and have decided to come here every year for our anniversary. We only stayed 2 nights this time, but we will definitely stay longer next time. Thank you for making our first anniversary amazing!!!

1 Thank TarahM55
Richmond, Tx
Reviewed November 24, 2010

Cottages are great but have a few suggestions to make them even better. We stayed in Cottage #1 and the ceiling fan in the bedroom made a loud knocking sound which made it hard for me to sleep. The bed faces the porch and the curtains did not block the light from coming in, which made hard to sleep late due to the brightness right in your face. Also, the toilet was extremely loud after flushing. Lastly, I would have liked to have had a screened in porch surrounding the hot tub, did not feel I had enough privacy with the road behind the porch and the cottage next door. Could also do without the pets, had a big dog walking around, I think belonging to one of the workers and the couple next to us had 2 large dogs that barked. I was really looking for total peace and quiet.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank MagsRichmond_Tx
Austin, Texas
Reviewed November 16, 2010

My husband and I had a nice time. It was perfect for relaxing and hanging out. Also super close to the main shopping and eating in Wimberley. It lacked nothing! I absolutely loved that I didn't have to speak to anyone to make the reservation. I booked online, received a lock-box code to get the key, and we put the key back when we left. It felt almost like our own little cottage!

I thought it was a bit expensive, but I don't travel much. The hot tub was so highly chlorinated that it burned my husband's eyes. I was fine, but we didn't use the tub as much as we had planned to. It was supposed to be a private hot tub, but the curtains around it kept blowing up in the wind and the side that faced another cabin didn't have a curtain. So not as private as I was expecting. The soap/shampoo/conditioner dispenser was kind of weird and icky. I was expecting little travel size bottles. I think for the price, that would be included. I brought my own things though, so I didn't have to use the dispenser.

The bed was great, comfy mattress and plush bedding. There were tons of towels and two robes. The kitchen was stocked with coffee and creamer, which was an unexpected surprise and very welcome since we forgot to bring our own coffee. The decor was very nice and modern. The tv was perfect.

1 Thank Desiree92
Bossier City, Louisiana
Reviewed November 11, 2010

I had the most relaxing experience. I love the view and the wildlife as well. I love the ducks and even the goose. They kept me company. And Gus too, lets not forget him. He's a sweetie.

The cottage is perfectly set up and is very roomy for two. I stayed in the Willows.
The kingsize bed was very comfortable. The design is great for going in and out to the deck.. We so enjoyed sitting in the back and watching and listening to Cypress Creek ,

I ask one of the ladies that were preparing the cottage next door if I could get a little more sugar and she stopped what she was doing and went right away and got it for me.

We had a great time and really hated that the stay wasn't longer. We even want to begin plans to have several couples together for a trip.

Well thanks again for the calm and relaxing time.

1 Thank boneymaroni
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wimberley
Candlewood Suites
#4 of 19 in Wimberley
Square Inn
Square Inn
#2 of 19 in Wimberley

Been to Cypress Creek Cottages? Share your experiences!