“Very disapointed and over priced!”
Review of Blair House Inn

Blair House Inn
Ranked #20 of 40 Restaurants in Wimberley
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Counce, Tennessee
“Very disapointed and over priced!”
Reviewed July 16, 2011

The good and the bad! Room was extremely hot,. Not what you want on a vacation. The shower would not drain so you stand in water while showering. No choice for breakfast. I did not eat my entree 2 mornings for breakfast. I do not want poached eggs and black beans for breakfast. Food is very overated! No light in the bathroom to put on makeup . Ask for a mirror to put makeup on in another room and they gave me a little hand mirror. Very inconvient. Had to get ready in another room because of no light. Who does not put good lighting in a bathroom. I was told they are all the same. Not one shelf or counter to put bathroom items on. The pool was wonderful. The scenery was wonderful just not what we expected for the price.
We stayed in the ElPaso. It was pretty but not comfortable or easy to get ready in.

• Visited July 2011

Wimberley, Texas
“Culinary Delight”
Reviewed October 1, 2009

My husband and I had the pleasure to dine at the Blair House Saturday evening. The place is so beautiful and peaceful. It is situated on several rolling acres and away from the fast pace. Everything was so personal. The food was delicious and presented so well. We had a five course meal served by the owners Mike and Vicki Schnieder. And Chef Joey introduced the meal and inquired about the meal after dessert. It was a treat to eat at the Saturday evening dinner at the Blair House in Wimberley, Texas.

Keller, Texas
“Great romantic weekend getaway”
Reviewed October 29, 2007

My wife and I just spent three nights at the Blair House Inn as a romantic getaway. This was actually our first stay at a B&B, and I have to say we had a wonderful experience and recommend a stay here for any couple that needs to get away and enjoy a long weekend. The owners, Mike and Vicky, were very welcoming and helpful. They definitely made us feel at home. Likewise, the staff was also very hospitable, especially Cassie, who was quite friendly and cheerful. Mark, the chef, did a magnificent job with breakfast each day. And the Saturday night dinner was extraordinary. The food he prepared was outstanding, and we highly recommend this option. While the area has some fine restaurants, you won't find a better dining experience. As for the location, we found Wimberley to be delightful. Blair House is actually about two miles from downtown Wimberley, which makes the B&B very quiet and peaceful. The town itself is a small arts community with some fine art galleries and artisan shops. The stores it has are all quite nice; not at all the kind with cheap tourist trinkets. Overall, we had an enjoyable weekend and will definitely visit Blair House Inn again.

Hill Country of Texas
“A super dining experience!”
Reviewed February 26, 2006

We were lucky enough to be staying at Blair House Inn (a lovely spot for a getaway!) on Feb 4th for the Spicewood Vineyards wine dinner. Excellent meal made up of Gulf Shrimp Fritters for an appetizer followed by Tortilla Soup, a salad of greens served with a slice of Pinion Crusted Goat Cheese--then the entree of Stuffed Cornish Game Hen accompanied by Four Cheese Macaroni and a skewer of Winter Squash with a Maple Syrup Glace! All was absolutely declicous and was finished off with a Pumpkin Creme Brulee and coffee. The dining room is somewhat small, and they were fully booked, but I never experienced any crowding by servers as did the previous reviewer. Service was effecient and friendly, the wines were nicely paired with the various courses, and my husband and I agreed that the price of the dinner was well-justified given the quality of the food. We'd be happy to return!!

1 Thank MsGhost
A TripAdvisor Member
“Dissapointed”
Reviewed December 17, 2005

I live in a near by town. My experience with Blair house is only a dinning experience. On Saturday nights Blair house is open to the public for dinner. Because they claim to have a "world class" dinning experience and a menu that seemed to match (along with the per person price). We setup a dinner with them.

To keep it short.
- The wine served was not to the standard you would expect for the price paid.
- The main course, Prime Rib was so over cooked that if a strong breeze had come through the dinning room it would have vaporized into dust and blew away.
- The food was presented poorly.
- The owners served and had good habits, however the hired help could not have had any training. Even though we have adequate room around our table the help continually wiped my nose with his forearm as he reached across to retrieve dishes from my co-dinners.
- The appetizers and sides were ok, but nothing special. Thin asparagus was served over the steak with bland potatoes on the side.
- Dessert was good.
- The base the price per person is $58. But with the tax and hefty tip they gave themselves (even though we only had three people) our bill was $233.17. Ouch!

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member