“Nice Family night” 4 of 5 bubbles

Laredo, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Nice Family night”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

Outdoors at night watching a movie with family. Great prices, small town feel. Everyone knew every one.

Visited July 2012

Austin, Texas
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Love it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2012

Makes me feel like the world is still a good and simple place. Go early to get a good seat!

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Sam M
Dallas, Texas
61 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 222 helpful votes
“Was like going back in time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2012

On a recent visit to Wimberley, Texas, we discovered they have this outdoor movie theatre and decided to go. I felt like a kid again! Even though it was not a drive-in, they had seating in the old iron rocking type chairs my grandmother used to have. There are bleacher type seats in the very back which the kids occupy. You can bring your own seating, which we did bring our own fold out chairs. You can also bring your dinner, wine, etc. If you want something of substance, bring your own. They have soft drinks, pickles, popcorn and candy. No hot dogs or anything like that. The cost to get into the movie is $5.

These are first run movies! We saw Snow White and the Huntsman. It was a bit rocky getting the movie started and took about 15 minutes or so for them to get some technical difficulty worked out. This reminded me of the old theatres as well. Once the movie started, every one was quiet. Once a baby started crying and the parents got up and took the baby outside.

Every now and then in the dark moments of the movie, you could look up and see all the stars in the sky! It was magnificient!

Visited June 2012
Carrollton, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“What a great, fun time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2010

My wife and I went to the Corral for the first time last night. We had such a great time! Everyone working there and those attending were all so nice, like a big family, even those that were there for the first time--us.
Ice chests are allowed, so lots of people arrive early--gate opens at 8 pm and the movie starts at 9 pm--to have a picnic and visit with family and friends.
It was truly a wonderful experience and we will be back. You can't beat it--first run movies for $5, in a great laid-back atmosphere, in the awesome Texas Hill Country!

6 Thank hayoka
Yoakum, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Best Movie value there is.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2007

I have been going to the Corral since I was a kid. My family and I just went and saw Shrek the Third on Saturday and it was great. For me, my wife and our daughter to get in, it was $12 (Total! not each) and then $3 for sodas and $1.50 for popcorn and candy. Well worth the drive from San Antonio. take a lawn chair and blanket and enjoy the show under the stars, it is one of the few open-air theaters left.

3 Thank kmerian

Been to Corral Theatre? Share your experiences!